Punkfish's BA 5th Company

punkfish

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Vel'cona - I'm glad you like the black panels, I decided to play around with all three by painting differing panels black to signify that they are all individual war engines with many years of warfare behind them.

As for the red, well, it is fairly simple, liberal use of devlan mud over the original basecoat dulls it down and then blood red brings it back up again. I then highlighted the panel lines with blazing orange before then using a liberal wash of baal red to tie it all together. Just keep the painting neat and it does work. Trust me, I'm a policeman :P

Ebsolom - hope the redeemer is finished on time - I'll be doing mine very shortly (but not before my Whirlwind suppression force) and you're right, all three will look awesome together. The other two will be finished by Friday - OH is out at work leaving me enough time inbetween wedding planning to get some hardcore painting done.

As promised, here's the final two Vindicators to make up the Linebreaker Squadron.

These two have been christened Dante's Wrath and the Sanguine Spear.

gallery_16404_560_71623.jpg

gallery_16404_560_39896.jpg

Now, if I have to paint another tank this year, it'll be too soon.

Wait a minute, didn't I promise to paint two Whirlwinds and a Landspeeder for the BAPC?

Bugger....... :P

These look really good Punkfish and are a high tabletop standard you should be proud (pats on back)

I own the new codex and I can definitively say that Blood Angels can take Sternguard so you better get painting those helmets! :P

Stargazer

• 1 month later...

Right, I've finally got some more painting done.

Here's some pics of my two very WIP Whirlwinds. These two will form part of a suppression force along with a LS Tornado/Typhoon.

As usual, any comments/constructive criticism welcomed.

gallery_16404_560_35442.jpg

gallery_16404_560_60665.jpg

As an aside, I've got some fluff written up for my 5th Company taskforce, detailing their exploits down the years, so if people want to read it, let me know and I'll post it up.

Cheers

Double post alert!

Here's the progress on the Whirlwinds - they need the road wheels painting and the tracks attaching but they're otherwise done.

gallery_16404_560_107883.jpg

gallery_16404_560_80108.jpg

gallery_16404_560_3973.jpg

C and C welcome. Thanks for reading.

Cheers mate - After these two, I'm taking a break from painting tanks. I've done six of the things in the last 4 months or so so I think I'm all tanked out.

Once the landspeeder is finished, I'll be doing my Death Company redux - although a Rhino/Razorback combo will be sneaking in as transport.

Right, had some spare time yesterday so here's the progress on my Landspeeder Tornado.

The lighting isn't great but hopefully you'll see where I'm going with it.

gallery_16404_560_74441.jpg

gallery_16404_560_53667.jpg

two things.... love your stuff

1. the black turrets on the whirlwinds look awesome gives the model nice contrast

2. u gonna drill out your barrels on your guns?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys.

@Jeremy - yeah, the guns will be drilled at some point although I've always been a bit lazy about drilling them. Sometimes I just get carried away with the painting and then move onto the next project before I do the drilling.

I've been on honeymoon for the last two weeks so no painting has been done but I've got the next three days off to finish the Landspeeder before starting on my next project - 10 footslogging DC with Razorback Transport.

Right, finished the Landspeeder - pics below.

gallery_16404_560_31904.jpg

gallery_16404_560_30844.jpg

And a pic of the Whirlwind Suppression force in its entirety

gallery_16404_560_107459.jpg

C and C welcomed as always

Thanks for reading

• 6 months later...

Hello all, the thread asking where all the posters have gone has inspired me to resurrect my plog. I've been steadily adding to my BA army since the release of the codex early last year.

I've added some photos of my Librarian and Lemartes below, I've plenty more to show you should they be well received. Any and all comments and constructive criticism welcomed, feel free to tell me what you think.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4095/4923652465_0c0c3dc4ca_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4116/4924248582_796143c905_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4083/5195565264_7cca40c8b2_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/5195568588_5cf52ddbfd_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4086/5195570030_13a11efb98_z.jpg

Thanks for reading!

@punkfish: The librarian has a very nicely painted face. I wish I could do faces so good. The gun (is it a combi-flamer?) looks a little rushed, but overall I think the librarian is pretty good.

Lemartes also looks pretty good. The limited color palette works and balances out the miniature.

Nice to see this plog up and running again Punkfish! I'm going to try your method on yellow helmets as my past couple of attempts suck.

Lovely job on the two latest additions, especially Lemartes. Thank Sanguinius for the new sculpt :)

Great work PunkFish!! The Sternguard and Lemartes are amazing. not to mention the amount of detail you have put into all of those tanks!!

Also nice to see another Transformers fan who plays 40K!!

End of Line

nice to see your plog back alive man! kinda missed your supression force way back (kinda round the time i stopped posting i wager :rolleyes: )

id like to comment but my work pc downgrades picture quality severly...i second that it looks rushed but again, the screen is a PoS so it could be at fault here <_<

the highlights on the chaplain also seem very bright. did you use skull white to highlight (if not, its probably the screen at play again...)

Thanks for the kind words guys, I'll try and answer some of the questions that people have asked.

Have I seen your Lemartes on miniwargaming.com have you posted it on there by chance?

No mate, never been on that site, I've posted it up on Warseer as i have a plog there and I use flickr as my pic-hosting site. I'll have to have a look at miniwargaming.com though.

@Red Worm and Demoulius - the hand flamer is one of the bits that didn't turn out so well on the Librarian - I keep meaning to go back and fix that bit, I probably will do so soon, I'll post up new pics to see what people think.

As for the highlights on Lemartes - I highlighted up using increasing parts bleached bone, so that the final highlights are almost pure bleached bone. i wanted a warmer black and the bone seemed to foot the bill quite nicely. It was used in the 'Eavy Metal article for the Legion of the Damned so I can't take any credit for it.

@Ebsolom - I've said it before but I've always been a fan of your work, would be good to see how your yellow turns out. The new Lemartes is a great model to paint, there's loads of detail sculpted on, but it doesn't overpower the miniature.

I'll get some more pics up of my new Death Company and Assault Squad just as soon as I can.

Archived