Storm Raven Gunships

SamaNagol

(link to picture removed due to Blood Angels release ~ INP)

Just stole this pic off Warseer....

Read the blurb.... And look at the 'Ceramite Armour'. I hope and pray this makes it into any new GK 'dex, should we see one in the near future.

That vehicle is moderately horrifying, but presumably it is going to be pretty expensive, which makes up for it. It would be nice if the picture was slightly less lop-sided; I can't really make out the armor points, but it seems to be either a 12 or a 13 for front and sides, which makes immunity to the melta rule a bit less overpowered than it is on AV14.

Going off the blurb, it could easily end up being in the new GK Codex when it comes out. That would be fun.

I wouldn't worry about it, it'll be just like shooting down Eldars only without the funny shaped helmets. Hopefully it's a good model, given that it may well be popping up a lot in the not too distant future! Who knows what the GK mention entails though, since the "fluff" for unit entries has never seemed to be that brilliant or consistent.

Any love shown to the Hunter dexes is a good sign in my book though, all building up to new shiny things soon with any luck! :P

I have it on good authority that the barely-visible text at the bottom says "Assault Vehicle" and it means what you might think. This is the new must-have-$70-kit, the SM version of the Valkyrie. On the plus side Grey Knights will most probably get access to them to help spur sales.

Rumors state that there is no model for this at the time of BA release.... so either a second wave or later down the track with another SM release.

Seeing as BA are already getting a ton of new models, this one may not come out until whatever the next SM codex is (presumably BT) or even GK.

Maybe they'll get a model for it as part of the DH release...? :cuss

I just thought though, isn't posting a picture from a rulebook (with rules in) against board policy?

Definitely, but it's against the rules of awesome NOT to post it.

The Tantalus Lander/Storm Harbinger was the glorified fan dex. With it's Tantalus Assault Cannons...

This is from the new Codex.

Fast, Assault vehicle, TL AC, TL MM. Carries 12 Marines or one Dread (Jump PAck takes 2 slots, no mention of Terminators...). You can disembark if you move fast, but suffer a dangerous Terrian test. Can't Assault from Deep Strike.

It seems in keeping with GW policies that only BA (and future Dexes) will get this, but it's utterly rediculous.

Oh and BA can DS thier Land Raiders as well (And anything on a Rhino chassis, Pred, Vindi, etc, are Fast!).

Bu what has me more, concerned, are the Priests. 1-3 for an Elite slot, and grant FNP/FC in a 6" Bubble. FNP on a squad of 10 TH/SS Termies? Really, what were GW thinking. (Or give the guy a Jump Pack and attach him to either the BA Vanguard or the new Sanguine Guard...)

I've always stuck with the blood angels since I started playing back in the 2nd ed. Been to a few friendly competitions in my time and only ever seen a handful of BA armies in that time --- which was nice. Now think it will be a whole diff story with everyone jumpin on the band wagon !!!!!

I've always stuck with the blood angels since I started playing back in the 2nd ed. Been to a few friendly competitions in my time and only ever seen a handful of BA armies in that time --- which was nice. Now think it will be a whole diff story with everyone jumpin on the band wagon !!!!!

There will be, almost inevitably, a flurry of comments along the lines of:

Upon seeing one of your beloved and long-serving marines:

"Why does that mini look so...old? Why didn't you use a Blood Angel kit?"

In a few months, spoken haughtily about tactics:

"Well, I've been playing Blood Angels since the codex came out!"

When you have a bad game (they happen to everyone, no?):

"Maybe you should try Space Wolves."

It's is a nasty bit of gear but I can't wait to see and hear my first opponent to lose not only their flier but the entire squad inside when I roll a wrecked result on the damage chart. The same goes for their fast rhinos since you can't disembark if the vehicle moves flat out.

I don't know if it would cover this situation, but can't models in the Storm Raven always disemark, but if it moved more then 12" they take a dangerous terrain test?

If it's the same rule as the Valk, then they must disembark along the path that the valk just moved. It's not the Valk's movement phase so you can't deploy via that method.

I can't see the rule listed there from the picture shown in OP's original post to be sure, but I imagine it will be either the same or very close.

I'm pretty sure it's up to 12 Marines in up to 2 squads, would be a bit silly otherwise!

Nope, it is a single unit of up to 12 Marines (or 6 Jump Infantry Marines) - which is Squad 1 riding inside the vehicle, and also the option to carry a Dreadnought underneath/outside the vehicle - which is Squad 2. It's a little confusing as a Dreadnought isn't usually called a squad, but is a type of unit. They just did a poor job of writing the text, but this is what it means.

As for me, I think that I'll have to figure out a way to paint up a couple of Stormraven's in Chapter-neutral colors so that I can share them among my Grey Knights, Space Wolves, and Blood Angels-based DIY Chapter. I really can't afford to buy enough for each army seperately.

Valerian

Edit: When I get the actual Blood Angels codex in hand I will add the Stormraven to my Fan-Based Grey Knights Codex.

Nope, it is a single unit of up to 12 Marines (or 6 Jump Infantry Marines) - which is Squad 1 riding inside the vehicle, and also the option to carry a Dreadnought underneath/outside the vehicle - which is Squad 2. It's a little confusing as a Dreadnought isn't usually called a squad, but is a type of unit. They just did a poor job of writing the text, but this is what it means.

Funny, for someone talking so authoritatively, you're completely contradicted by the text of the entry.

From that picture:

The Stormraven can carry two separate squads <indisitinct> to 12 models in its cabin, plus a single Dreadnought <indistinct> grapples.

Unless the blurry portion along the spine of the book there has some very interesting linguistic gymnastics, the rumors that this thing could bring two squads and a Dreadnought to the table are true. Or does the word "plus" have a different meaning that I was unaware of?

It does seem that you're correct about jump infantry taking up two slots, though.

Funny, for someone talking so authoritatively, you're completely contradicted by the text of the entry.

From that picture:

The Stormraven can carry two separate squads <indisitinct> to 12 models in its cabin, plus a single Dreadnought <indistinct> grapples.

Unless the blurry portion along the spine of the book there has some very interesting linguistic gymnastics, the rumors that this thing could bring two squads and a Dreadnought to the table are true. Or does the word "plus" have a different meaning that I was unaware of?

It does seem that you're correct about jump infantry taking up two slots, though.

I speak authoritatively on the issue because dozens of people on the Blood Angels forum have seen the actual codex, had it in their hands, and digested it thoroughly. Many stores get advance copies, along with the new sprues, in a "black box", so the actual contents are no longer simply rumor. So, you can go with what you think you can see from the attached photo, or you can go with what I know to be true.

V

Archived