Storm Raven Gunships

SamaNagol

I speak authoritatively on the issue because dozens of people on the Blood Angels forum have seen the actual codex, had it in their hands, and digested it thoroughly. Many stores get advance copies, along with the new sprues, in a "black box", so the actual contents are no longer simply rumor. So, you can go with what you think you can see from the attached photo, or you can go with what I know to be true.

My local store will have its Black Box tomorrow, though I won't get to see it until next week. However, to address your other point...

There's this thread where people on the Blood Angel board are discussing the model using exactly the interpretation that I brought up. I'll be able to read the codex for myself soon enough, but that certainly looks like a thread on the board that doesn't agree with you at all.

When I glanced through the Codex a few days ago it seemed to fit the one squad of up to similar to land raider capacity in the cabin, and one dread elsewhere. So two units total: 1 squad, 1 dread.

I speak authoritatively on the issue because dozens of people on the Blood Angels forum have seen the actual codex, had it in their hands, and digested it thoroughly. Many stores get advance copies, along with the new sprues, in a "black box", so the actual contents are no longer simply rumor. So, you can go with what you think you can see from the attached photo, or you can go with what I know to be true.

My local store will have its Black Box tomorrow, though I won't get to see it until next week. However, to address your other point...

There's this thread where people on the Blood Angel board are discussing the model using exactly the interpretation that I brought up. I'll be able to read the codex for myself soon enough, but that certainly looks like a thread on the board that doesn't agree with you at all.

Why the hostility dude? Did I offend you in some way? Wait until tomorrow and go read it for yourself. Maybe you can even put being a jerk on hold for 24 hours.

V

Alright.. I'm letting this thread continue mostly because I suspect a probable tie in to our GK Codex based on the fluff in the entry. Let us, however, lets please cease with the rising hostility. Regardless of what is viewable in the picture which will be coming down in a week or two, some stores DO have black box preview copies in store so people are actually able to see the rules, as I myself have.

If the thread continues escalating I'll be forced to lock it down for a cooling off period.

Why the hostility dude? Did I offend you in some way? Wait until tomorrow and go read it for yourself. Maybe you can even put being a jerk on hold for 24 hours.

Maybe I misread your tone. If so, no harm done and I apologize for any perceived hostility on my end.

Going back to the Stormraven, and it's links with the GK.

While it's probably a shoe-in for our new Codex, we might be seeing it earlier.

There's rumours that Spearhead will bring rules of at least a brand new Eldar Tank in the WD issue the Expansion is released in. If this is the case, it wouldn't be a stretch to imgaine this would be the ideal time to open the Stormraven up to all Marine Chapters. :lol:

I'm the only one that think that opening it to other chapters makes no sense?

When they finally get stuff to make the marines codices different enough, everybody wants it to be the same for everyone again?

Giving it to 2 chapters (maybe 3 or 4 when DA and BT go gold) makes sense: it's 'unique', but easier to explain by fluff than just one chapter taking it out of the hat. But everybody? Even common stuff like libbies, bikes and dread models aren't there for everyone, so why an oddball like this thing, that even the AdMech barely knew about, should be for everybody?

From what I can see in the picture of the Storm Raven (SR) stats circulating the internet, the fluff on it states that the BA and the GK's use the SR, and that other Space Marine chapters use drop pods instead of the SR, prefering rapid squad deployment- over the storm raven.

From that small snibbit of fluff alone, it can be concluded that it is currently intended as a BA, and most likely a GK release. However, I'm rather sure that if it proves to be a big seller- it'll be a shoe in the 6th Edition Space Marine book, and any other upcoming Space Marine Codex releases.

Or it could be something that could Allied with another army? The issue with the rumors for the "next" book after Blood Angels is that there is simply to much noise out there, with people claiming that their book and army will be the "next" book (Crons, DE, Eldar, DA, BT, DH, WH, Chaos) - and either using rumors or twising current GW statements to support these claims. Unfortunatly without an official GW leak/ pictures/ something in a WD- there just isn't anyway the vast majority of can know what to excpect (what very well can be the whole point here)- which includes the Storm Raven.

I suppose only time will tell, as at the moment all we have going is a blurry picture.

-Cease

I say give us jetbikes and Stormravens and make everyone else ride on tricycles. Cause its Grey Knights and we are AWESOME.

Yeah.

ornated, imperial jetbikes > bikes > mechanical horses (!) :D

That jetbike from the HH collected visions is the only FAST vehicle I can picture GKs using... and maybe that speeder with just one driver and a long-barrelled turret.

^^^

you want this?: A GW mechanical horse

I say jetbikes + Stormravens + Landraiders = the best ways for grey knights to get around. How awseome it would be for us to get stormraven is uncomprehendable, although don't know points cost, is it somthing akin to a landraider in cost? An all lascannon predator in cost?

Because if its too much I don't want it in my codex... ah who am i kidding id use it in apocalypse.

Ya I think we need some sort of fast vehicle option (Jetbike) to chase down those silly Slaaneshi daemons and their speediness.

I mean, the Grey Knights have to be smart enough to know that teleports won't always land close enough and you don't want to be caught in the open with just Shrouding to protect you while you charge in.

Plus, knight with lance>Grey Knight with a Nemesis Lance on a Jetbike, makes perfect sense :ermm:

I think you guys missed the irony in my post.

I HATE the mechanical horse idea. Sounds lame in too many levels to me.

Jetbike is the only way to go.

Oh, we got the joke. I think any GKT trying to mount any steed would flatten the poor thing for one!

My local store will have its Black Box tomorrow, though I won't get to see it until next week.

So, did you ever go in to check out the preview copy of the codex?

Apparently a horse can only carry a maximum of 30% of its own body mass. The world record tallest horse in history only weighed 1500kg, so it could only potentially carry a maximum of 500kg. A Terminator probably weighs a little more than that.

Well, if you all can't agree on jetbikes and mechanical horses, then combine the two! Mechanical jethorses with Sleipnir's eight legs, the mass and strength of an Indian Rhinoceros, and a massive engine to rival the powerplant in a Land Speeder, tucked away where its innards should be. Admittedly the legs aren't used all that often except when it stands for the Knight to mount and dismount, or to keep from coming in too low to the ground on a charge, or to push away from the same ground after a charge ... or to kick people while they're down, and ...

Hmmm, can it be upgraded to include purely-aesthetic Pegasus wings, ooh and a horn from a unicorn that shoots like a las-cannon too? Awesome... :lol:

Sure! Alternatively a Canadian Grey Knight can have moose antlers that add +1 attack on the charge, a Santa Grey Knight can upgrade with a red nose that ignores Night Fighting rules, and ...

Sure! Alternatively a Canadian Grey Knight can have moose antlers that add +1 attack on the charge,

As a Canadian, I strongly object to this stereotyping...

Eh... Wait... No I don't! He could have a Nemesis Hockey Stick, also!!! :lol:

Seriously, a horse would be bad. Storm Raven would be very cool. As for the jetbike, I'm not too sure. Just as long as they don't look like bobsleighs, I'd like them. More Sammael than Shining Spear.

Phil

Archived