How to paint an Imp Fists Dreadnought nicely Quickshadebased

Saphos

Well, stay tuned for that. In about two weeks time I'll have the new Vanguard model coming out for the BAs painted. I received the minis from the BlackBox today and will commence work on them this evening. I am interested in the result myself as I am strongly tempted to start a BA army after my Fists due to the awesome new models. Can't wait to see what the Stormraven looks like. I hope I won't be disappointed. If it is close to the awesomeness of the Valkyrie I am set! :( It is bloody expensive points wise though, nearly Landraider with the Hurricaneboltersystems.

I am yet undecided whether I use white or orange as the highlights. Well, most likely I will try both.

I think they are leaving the Stormraven to be converted :) but thats what I have heard. Cool thanks for the update ill watch this thread and see how they turn out for sure because because im going to start painting my marines soon to. So you just paint the Quickshade on correct (the marines) and not dunk it into the pot?

Dunking in the pot and shaking off wastes too much material imho. So painting on it is for me.

Conversion for the Stormraven? No thanks. :P As I have still more then plenty of work with my Fists I am in no hurry.

• 4 weeks later...

Brilliant! I was put off Painting Yellow by all the Hype about it being so incredibly difficult, so I steered clear of any Imperial Fists! However, I happen to have some Strong Tone in the Post from Wayland Games, and I happen to have some Sunburst Yellow. I might be Painting Yellow sooner than I anticipated.

Tropicana

:mellow:

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived