Chaos Rising

THQInsider

I realy enjoyed it, and the Single player is much better than the first outing I think.

Cyrus in the original game realy bugged me, but once he gets a grenade launcher he becomes hell on earth and becomes an option to pick again. The only thing I think they could have done better though, is maybe make your Marines look more chaosy if they use chaos items.

Hello,

I'm playing Chaos Rising and really enjoying the single-player campaign. However, I seem to be stuck on the final mission. No matter how I've approached it so far, the final boss always seems to end up at full strength and I can't seem to damage him significantly.

Can anyone recommend some hints or strategies to use in the earlier stages of the mission that can help in defeating the final boss? I've been trying different combinations of squads (mostly in Terminator armor) and I'm at about 50 percent corruption. Thanks! (PM or black text is OK if seeking to avoid spoilers).

I used the dread with the heaviest ranged weapons available and then used the captain to lock him in CC, while the dread threw hell over him.

Keep the cap with teleport, and take him off the range to heal. Rinse, repeat.

Kept the dev squad always at fire range with plasma cannon and focus turned on.

Lots and lots of persistance. I was almost fully pure for all my guys. Had tarkus and Avitus in termi armour. Avitus had an assault cannon and the rosarius, tarkus with the heavy flamer and cyclone missile launcher, and the med packs. Captain was with that relic anti-chaos blade, and thule was there with an assault cannon. Took much effort and reviving to do it, but I did it. Ya have to move fast to prevent him hitting full health, or you've got a larger workload. It is doable, just takes a lot of firepower (doesn't help he spawns units to "help" him :) ) and lots of falling back should you go men short in your squads. I was on Normal mode for this so, it may vary on difficulty.

On another note, I just completed the Last Stand for the first time ;) My method may be considered unorthodox but it worked and we did it :D

Argh! Why Tarkus!? WHY?

Thanks to him I now have no big ass terminator squad and nobody to fill the gap. I prefered it when Martellus was the traitor. At least he didn't affect your gameplay. :D

I think I can see people doing 'SINDRIIS!' all over again for some reason. 'MARTELLUS!'

The two things I wish the game had: A few more hulk missions, and chainfists. (although I think the level designers would frown upon me just carving through the walls and creating my own route to the objective :devil: )

However, I did like the hulk missions that were in, and some of the new wargear. (Tarkus in TDA with

Vengance ammo in his Storm Bolter

was just plain fun)

• 2 weeks later...
Argh! Why Tarkus!? WHY?

Thanks to him I now have no big ass terminator squad and nobody to fill the gap. I prefered it when Martellus was the traitor. At least he didn't affect your gameplay. <_<

You freakin' what?!

Martellus was the traitor for me both play throughs! Tarkus is my favourite unit in the whole game.

Re Ulkair: Yes, the final mission is brutal if you're going in in full melee, but since I read up on the experiences of the previous posters here, I knew what to expect (during my second load of the mission...). I was at 100% Purity, and gave my Force Commander that Armor 85 TDA suit, then an assault cannon for good measure plus a personal teleporter, then brought Avitus with a Lascannon, Tarkus in TDA, and Thule with a Multi-Melta. Like the Avatar, Ulkair doesn't stray far from the little arena he's in, so all I had to do is position everyone else on the outer edge of its 'entrance' and used my Force Commander as (teleporting) bait for Ulkair to chase. It took a hell of a long time to kill him (his HP count is HUGE), but at least it wasn't a messy TPK.

• 1 month later...
I found that if i used the two predators to clear the level before the blood ravens land ulkair stays at around half life as none of your fellow blood ravens get killed. And by clear i mean destroy everything not just fulfill the mission objectives

I found that if i used the two predators to clear the level before the blood ravens land ulkair stays at around half life as none of your fellow blood ravens get killed. And by clear i mean destroy everything not just fulfill the mission objectives

I tried that (right after reading your post), but it didn't matter. Even if you wipe out everything it still spawns massive enemy groups out of thin air, that massacre your fellows...

They tend to die when they almost have reached that other base. Maybe try and destroy 1 of the bases for 90% and than finish it with youre own unit later on to prevent more chaos units being spawned.

Archived