UKGT 2010/11 session, heat dates with in

Iron-Daemon Forge

Hi everone

With the UKGT finial over as of today, time to look to the Heats.

Here are the date from the GW Blog/site

Edit: There are some big changies happen with in the GT sence

Check this out & the post below for detail

http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/2010%20p...026.03.2010.pdf

I think ticket go on sale as of the 12th of July from what it said on the GW site.

It look like I'll be attending Heat 2 this year due to the friend the drive me & co down will be that a wedding during Heat 1. Might be able to make a guest show to Heat 1 to just have a look about & see what up on the Fri & Sat. Planning Space Wolves right now & they seem to be doing ok (so far made a Ork player give up on turn 3 before assault, only lossing three models in my own army).

As per usely look forward to the GT meeting up with folk.

IP

• 2 weeks later...

Some news for those who are intrested in attending the UKGT

http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/warhamme...pdate.html#more

Breaking News - Throne of Skulls Grand Tournament Update!!

The Warhammer World Venue Team have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes recently, plotting and planning a host of exciting new things for all you hobbyists out there.....

We are pleased to announce that the Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000 and the new War of The Ring Throne of Skulls Grand Tournament tickets will be available to purchase from the Games Workshop Web Store from Monday the 12th of July 2010.

The addition of War of The Ring into the Throne of Skulls family as part of our events calendar will be great news for all of you War of The Ring gamers out there! But that's not all.....

We've also taken a look at our calendar and we've decided to hold four seasonal Throne of Skulls Grand Tournaments per year for both Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000, instead of three heats and a final.

This now means that we are able to offer even more tournaments a year and by spreading them out you can enjoy the events at different times of the year too. This also gives even more opportunities for avid hobbyists to take part in great games, make new friends and enjoy the hospitality of the Warhammer World Venue.

So no more 3 heats & a finial. It just straight up four events.

IP

That sounds a bit... odd. 4 "Grand" tournaments? This means that the tickets would be more sought after than ever as the top players will try to get a ticket for each event. Or am I just scare mongouring (spelling?)

Wan

Unsure if it will still be one per person. But I know how you feel, same time I would not mind attending more tournament.

I think the money side you will only see people attending two event, I mean with hotel & stuff it costing you near £150 to £200.

I think well have to wait & see.

IP

Shame I will not be able to attend one until post March next year (damn stupid agreement with my girlfriend)

Still I know that some people are already starting to look into GT for this year, I will hopefully be practice monkey for a few of them and just imagine im at the GT :)

I also know a lot of obsessed gamers who probably wouldnt blink at that cost and would attend all 4, happily though they are largely not interested in attending the GT so people are saved from them. As IP suggests this seems like a wait and see, good ole GW moving the goal posts again B)

Wan

Shame I will not be able to attend one until post March next year (damn stupid agreement with my girlfriend)

Still I know that some people are already starting to look into GT for this year, I will hopefully be practice monkey for a few of them and just imagine im at the GT :unsure:

I also know a lot of obsessed gamers who probably wouldnt blink at that cost and would attend all 4, happily though they are largely not interested in attending the GT so people are saved from them. As IP suggests this seems like a wait and see, good ole GW moving the goal posts again ;)

Wan

There is more change if you check out the updated Event Calander

http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/2010%20p...026.03.2010.pdf

Only one 40k event this year, the rest most like happen next year. Look doutful for me attending this year one, down to friends & there works since it roughly when Christmas session work kick in.

However if we can enter more than one, I will be happy since there not a lot of tournament in Scotland (only two wargaming club advertise there tournaments).

IP

• 2 weeks later...

I think implementing the change straight away this year is a mistake. They should have still have the three heats and then announced after the final the format would be changing, the first of the new events being in the Summer.

I like the new idea but there are going to be plenty of unhappy people who were hoping to attend a heat this year but now the capacity has been slashed by two thirds so it's massively bad timing and a huge loss of revenue for GW and Warhammer World this year.

• 4 weeks later...

From warseer

Just to let you all know, i spoke to Andy Joyce yesterday and mentioned that i noticed there were no longer finals. I got a drawn out yeaah from him followed by a "There's a very big reason for that. You'll find out what it is in next month's white dwarf. Trust me"

Any idea what it is, i'm guessing now a jervis jobby on how the finals made the heats too competitive.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.p...841#post4628841

Jervies from what I have been told, will be talking about the Grand Tournament in Warhammer World & why the changies will happen. But like I said this is what I been told.

June White Dwarf should show all what happen.

IP

• 1 month later...
Captain Idaho Posted May 9 2010, 07:38 PM

Interesting. I wonder if they increase the points value to 1,750pts? It means pretty much every armylist I build for it will have a Landraider in it!

Apprently the new WD has said that there is five rounds instead of the usely six rounds. Points are the same & the price for the ticket are the same.

Not sure on this. I mean if this it ment to finish up earily for people to travl, get train/pflights, etc... I can sort of understand. But if they are keep to the finish up that 6pm, from what I gather in the past the long wait between round 4 to 5 did start to get to you due to the long waiting time. End of the day I'd preffer to keep to the six rounds.

On that note I am suprise not to see the UKGT rule pack up, it usely out a month before ticket's go on sale, with a few weeks (two week's?) to go until ticket go on sale.

IP

GT rule pack now up

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Custom..._Rules_Pack.pdf

By a quick read it seem to me

- No more 1st, 2nd & 3rd?? Simple the top of each race now. Also there somthing about those who take the one & only race, take Chaos Daemon as a mere exsample of one army through out that whole event, it will get some auto points.

But overall this area of the pack is confuseing me (I have a disabilty with reading, writeing, fourm of desxlyia/asperger) & it not help that it late that night/tired.

But right now it dose come across

So............which 40k army rarely get taken then

- Favrout army, after round 5 you put a vote for one of your five oppents who have a army you like. By this it down to the overall army, how well it done in game, who nicely painted & the overall look of the force & also if the oppent attuide match this cool army, basicly being a sporting player & not a nob head.

- By the way it read, you need to reg your self in on the Fri night for the GT, instead of the usely Sat moring that 9am.

- With the loss of the extra round.........well my worry was you;d have a long wait from round 4 to 5 like before the 2004 era. But it seem the TpS will rap up by 4.30pm, though I'd like to see the extra round stay in, I can see this would help people who have flights, trains or to drive back home.

But still...........extra game of our favrout hobby.

For me mean be home by 10.30pm instead of Middnight.

- Mission are basicly from the rule book, though a bit random that WFB will stick with pitch battle. Just the new rule book has a lot of mission & last year GT they had a lot of mission try out. Just from what I have read in 8th Ed, I not came across any pitch battle mission (then again I been looking that the model/painted area more). Just thinking more for someone who has just started the hobby or not played since 5th ed & return to the GW hobby.

IP

• 2 weeks later...
yea i just ogt a text from Idaho, had sold out so he couldnt get any tickets

I'd keep a eye out on a few fourms like warseer, heresy on-line, etc... or phone up GW from time to time as usely someone not able to attend & ether sell them off on the fourms (not hear of course since it against the rules) or send them back to GW HQ.

Can't belive Idaho miss again!!!!

For those wanting to spot me out, be useing a dark Grey Space Wolves force with the tanks cover in plasticard extra armour & plasticard icons on most. Fail that Legion of the Damned object marker & bluish viking rune's on most models.

IP

I'd keep a eye out on a few fourms like warseer, heresy on-line, etc... or phone up GW from time to time as usely someone not able to attend & ether sell them off on the fourms (not hear of course since it against the rules) or send them back to GW HQ.

For those wanting to spot me out, be useing a dark Grey Space Wolves force with the tanks cover in plasticard extra armour & plasticard icons on most. Fail that Legion of the Damned object marker & bluish viking rune's on most models.

IP

I'm so gutted! I rang at 10am on the dot, was put on hold and cut off twice and when I finally got through 11.20am they told me the tickets had sold out!

Really annoyed too, as this happened last year! Hopefully I can get a ticket last minute like last year, but I doubt it seeing as there is only a single heat and that means there are 3 times the amount of people wanting tickets.

IP

I'm so gutted! I rang at 10am on the dot, was put on hold and cut off twice and when I finally got through 11.20am they told me the tickets had sold out!

Really annoyed too, as this happened last year! Hopefully I can get a ticket last minute like last year, but I doubt it seeing as there is only a single heat and that means there are 3 times the amount of people wanting tickets.

If not this year, rememeber there still lot to come next year with them being spread through out.

Not sure how many people want a Nov GT ticket though as it would be near Christmas time in term of jobs/work getting stock up. But yes keep a eye out on the other fourms.

IP

I sat from half 8 waiting :) Got my ticket! :)

Really? They weren't open until 10!

I think Dez ment he wait from 8.30 to 10 just so he did not miss out.

For those intrest, me & my friends should be down on the Fri by 2ish for a few games & then food if anyone up for a match. Like wise would possible be up for a game on the Sat night depend on what happen/events planned.

I think right now my group's plan is to go down Fri for 2ish, then Sun after the event arrive back home around 10pm instead of 12 am.

Right now just need to keep working away on my Space Wolves, got a brand new object marker that need tide up & a shed load of stuff to paint with little to no time & a local tournament next months :)

IP

Edit

Captain Idaho: Check your PM

Archived