UKGT 2010/11 session, heat dates with in

Iron-Daemon Forge

i know the expo in april i think. the leciester one just went. but i wish there was another big one, almost like the gt. i know the librarium online forum did it, but i missed the ticket sales. do you know of any other?

Here's a list of events I look after on another forum....

Here's the place to find out what 40K Events and Tournaments are happening over the coming year. If you want something added please post it here. Also it's you to you to provide any up to date information such as rulespack releases, etc...

The minimum requirement is to know which month it's in and where it will be held. We can always add the exact date and a link at later time.

+++2010 EVENTS+++

Last updated 15/11/2010

+ + November + +

Throne of Skulls - 20th/21st November

Location - Warhammer World

Price: £55

Games: 5 Games at 1500 points

Info: Check out the Games Workshop website or phone 0115 91 40000

Freebootaz Open Tournament - 27th/28th November

Price:

One Day Ticket £30.00p (spaces for UPTO 76 players out of 80)

Two Day Ticket £40.00p (spaces for UPTO 37 teams out of 40)

Games:

Day One - A 1,750 point Singles Warhammer 40,000 Tournament with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes and a Best Painted Army competition.

Day Two - A 1,500 point Doubles Warhammer 40,000 Tournament with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes and a Best Painted Team competition.

Prizes: Best general for each race, cool tankards for Best General, Best Army and Overall Champion. Champion also receives a cool replica weapon.

Info: Check out this thread for more info: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=74183

+ + + 2011 EVENTS + + +

+ + January + +

Caledonian Uprising - 22/23 January 2011

Price: £25

Games: 6 Games at 1750pts over 2 days

Info: Lunch both days, Tea/Coffee both Mornings and 15hrs of 40K!

Go to this THREAD for more information

+ + February + +

Man O War - 19th Febuary

Location - Firestorm Games, Cardiff

Price: £10

Games: 3 games at 2000.

Info: Visit HERE for more info

Warhammer 40,000 Doubles Tournament - 19th/20th February 2011

Info: Tickets will go on sale from November 2010.

The tournament information pack will be available from http://www.games-workshop.com two weeks prior to the tickets going sale.

SVA, 40k Campaign weekend, 26th/27th February

Placeholder for SpikeyJames - More info soon!

+ + March + +

UK 40K GT - 26th/27th March

Location - Maelstrom Games

Price: £35 (buffet lunch both days, plus evening meal on Saturday)

Games: 6 Games at 1750 points

Info: Check out this thread for details

+ + May + +

Rapid Strike, 1 Day 40k Tournament - 15th May

+ + August + +

Britcon 2011 - 11th - 14th August

Info: Go to http://www.bhgs.co.uk

NOTE - This is a place holder and more information will be added when it is available. Also more importantly, if you have attended a Britcon Event over the last Twelve Years, this years entry will be FREE

Spiky Doubles, 1 Day Doubles Tournament - 14th August

+ + September + +

Starsmash, 2 Day 40k Tournament - 17th/18th September

Any others?

Caledonian Uprising clashes with the winter UK skulls of throne which are the same days, so that wasn't a smart move.

I don't organise these but I think it depends on what you want from an event. If you want a Hard Core GW heat style event, the Caledonian Uprising is an alternative. Plus as well, I think it's an event to help select players for the Scottish 40K ETC team for next year.

the UK GT 40K, by Maelstrom is sold out.

Yes. Sold out after 3 days but you can put your name on the reserve list so you may get a ticket ;)

if it's sold out, how can i resevre one it doesn't make sense.

In the ten years or so I've been going to tournaments, you always get drop outs. By going on the reserve list means you get offered one of the tickets of a drop out. A bit like when somebody drops out of a GW event and you buy the ticket off them ;)

40K Doubles GT has sold out already

I was told that the tickets went on say today about 2 months ago by Mail Order.

I call up first thing this morning to buy them for me and another team and get told that they went on sale on Monday and were sold out within 2 hours.

As you might think I'm a little bit peeved but hey it happens.

Also is that calander for tournaments only or can you put Campaign weekends on it as well?

40K Doubles GT has sold out already

I was told that the tickets went on say today about 2 months ago by Mail Order.

I call up first thing this morning to buy them for me and another team and get told that they went on sale on Monday and were sold out within 2 hours.

As you might think I'm a little bit peeved but hey it happens.

Also is that calander for tournaments only or can you put Campaign weekends on it as well?

Not Mon, they went on sale yesterday being Tue. Did not go on sale until 10.20am. However there is another double event planned in Sept time 10th & 11th I belive, unsure when ticket are on sale. It was on the double area in regard to this & due to the event selling out. So as well as more Throne of Skulls, there will also now be more double events due to them selling out.

IP

Guess I'll see everone that the weekend as this will be my only possible internet time.

With a meeting called off last min, going to try have a look through my army to make sure it is all tide up, add some bits like Viking runes, etc.... Then I go to my gaming club to get a practise game, head home asap & then pack for the weekend.

Wake up nice & earily, then met up with my friends for 9am & go down to Nottingham.

IP

I put in what ever information people give me. So it can be campaign weekends and tournaments. I think the problem is a lot of campaign weekends tend to sell out quite quickly so the organizers tend not to advertise them.

I can also maintain a list like this on this forum if people want me to (and the mods want it as well)

Also congrats IP! :P

I put in what ever information people give me. So it can be campaign weekends and tournaments. I think the problem is a lot of campaign weekends tend to sell out quite quickly so the organizers tend not to advertise them.

I can also maintain a list like this on this forum if people want me to (and the mods want it as well)

Also congrats IP! :(

I'd talk to the Admins if I where you, would be really nice to have a pin topic, like Spickyjames one on warseer.

Also yes very happy, been aim for this for a while. So happy.

Like wise, one day one I was on table 2 gaming, I though that was the highest table I'd be on all weekend. But my army was set up on table 1 for the best painted ohh yah!!! :P now that the highest table I been on all weekend, might not be gaming, but still table 1 none the less ;)

Since 2008 got a lot of painting trophies, starting to run out of room on my wall ;)

IP

Nice one IP, is there a chance of having a battle report for the Tournament mate? Let us know how well you did <_<

Already getting done, one game but photobucket being annoying.

Was really happy & to have a few of my friends & people I talk to or knew up there being

Richy with the Techpriest count as Nid force

James with Sanguinary Guards

Paul Scott with Death Guards seen in what new today

Eddie GW Glasgow with Blood Angels

I think might need to turn my lap top off & on again been one for past three hour. I am not move out of my set or doing anything today, really need the day just to relax & just recover.

No idea on who won it. Was not the normal top 1,2,3. It was a bit random.

All I know is Eddie got best Blood Angels as well which was 2x Storm Raven, Librarian, Dreadnought, DeCo Dreadnought, Librarian, 2x assault marines in Razorbacks, Tactical Marine unit. Unsure who the one model was near the Librarian.

So right now re-boot my lap top. Got round 4 & 5 to do then I will get the armies up as well. Not got much else planned today, just sit watch TV & getting the report done while it roughly in my head.

IP

who won it? the army one, which list won? <_<
Not sure which was the winner of the painting contest but the overall gaming champ was Steve Yates who was playing new DE. There was a bit of a debate afterwards with a few people though as there were only 2 DE players in the tournie and this meant that the average overall score would be tricky to determine. Needless to say there were quite a lot of unhappy bunnies leaving yesterday afternoon largely because of the lack of clarity of the scoring system. I had to feel for Gone Fishing who also suffered as a result of the new system. Both Storm Bringer and myself were convinced that with a tally of 4 wins and a draw he was going to take the top spot as Tau general for the weekend and be in the running for ToS champ. However when the results were announced he lost out to a guy that had won 4, lost 1 but managed to get 2 votes for 'best army' which placed him 1 point ahead. To my mind that's still not quite right, true the points for 'best army' are there to drive a better spirited attitude towards the game (and with my weekend it was the saving grace as I managed to get 3+ votes for best army (5 tournie points) but was otherwise white washed with 5 losses!!! <_< ) but I'm wondering if it's actually balanced right.

Great result for IP. His SW's look the business and no mistake!!!

Was good to catch up with some of the B&C crew that I hadn't met face to face before (IP & Sgt Campbell) as well as hooking up with Idaho again. We'll have to try and get a game in at some point (looking at IP & Idaho).

It was also really good to go toe to toe with Sgt Campbell in game 3. Given his comments about reading my stuff on the OI forum it felt a bit like when Darth Vader killed Obi Wan in star wars ("The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master") although its fair to say Sgt Campbell couldn't be called a master of darkness and I'm hoping that we'll get the chance to meet up and game in a little less formal atmosphere in the not too distant future.

Anyway, I might get around to posting some stuff in a bit more detail on the OI forum later in the week. Well done to all, let's do it again sometime soon.

Report up, by Russ!!!!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=215563

As said had a brillaint time, fought five great games. Was happy to be top 10 painted as that more my area. Gaming I like to be a challenge & been pretty high in a few tournament neat by. ToS none of the games where easy & everone left me learing new stuff from there.

But again just happy with the top 10 painted army. Was great to hear from people when asking me how I think my army would do, lot of them belive in my which was cool & my Wolves.

IP

The best bit about those two Dark Eldar players was that one was using the Old 3rd ed (Updated) Dex and the other was using the New one due to a mistake by the event team as both had phoned to find out which was in use and got conflicting info.

Other than this had possibly my worst showing game wise in a GT with only two wins (Both against Blood Angels). It was nicee to catch up with you guys and some others I have met at other events.

So my Question becomes this. Which List for next year my Grot Horde army (Not done with Imperial Guard like the one at this years event) or Dust off My Templar Crusade?

Archived