Stabbin' and such: Triumphant at Last! 2/9/17

Firepower

We really need some plastic sword bros.

And no I don't want Vanguards or sternguards.

Proper honest to the Emperor Sword Brothers.

With capes, tabards weapons and bling.

Well don't get your hopes up, odds are if we didn't get them by now, they are never coming. That said, you can convert up some pretty awesome ones using anvil industries and van/sternguard bitz.

@Firepower: I actually recently stripped my dual LC guy.  I decided he's too awesome of a model to not have an awesome paint job to match. If nothing else he can be a cheap second HQ. 

We really need some plastic sword bros.

And no I don't want Vanguards or sternguards.

Proper honest to the Emperor Sword Brothers.

With capes, tabards weapons and bling.

Well don't get your hopes up, odds are if we didn't get them by now, they are never coming. That said, you can convert up some pretty awesome ones using anvil industries and van/sternguard bitz.

@Firepower: I actually recently stripped my dual LC guy.  I decided he's too awesome of a model to not have an awesome paint job to match. If nothing else he can be a cheap second HQ. 

:sad.: I know...

Well I ordered some Fur capes from Anvil for my DIY chapter, after I mailed them because my location was unavailable. They were cool enough to solve the problem.

I want to work a bit on a DIY chapter, and next January resume my BT Crusade.

And those Anvil capes and the chapter upgrade will do wonders.

I really like over the shoulder capes...

And i have no courage to Snip parts of the Sword bros...

They were among the first minis I painted.

Edited by Sete

There were these guys posted quite a long time ago.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/254275-77th-ippotikus-crusade/

on the command squad page 1 near the bottom. I think the cloaks + the upcoming Templar brethren models from fw are going to be perfect. :wink: These guys alone with the mix of Upgrade sprue mk 3 and cloaks look friggen amazing. I was looking so forward to seeing them painted =[

Also, will have those neophyte pictures tonight. Didn't get the chance to sit at the computer last night after work.

Hmm.  Not sure about those.  Partly because what makes the cape iconic is the way it wraps around into the super big, intricate shoulder armor.  I did see Eberious make one of those once (I think it was him anyway) by putting a segment of Terminator shoulder armor over a power armor one with a lot of greenstuff trimmings, but it looked like a butt load of work.  Out of my league, anyway. 

:P

yea I was kind of annoyed they didn't have tabbards. In the Templar audio book they are described with wearing them. God that audio book was glorious, I've listened to it countless times. Sigismund was a badass.

Waiting for the reading version.

I like hearing my voice ;) (in my head at least)

God wanting Tabards and a proper cape is not asking too much.

And while we are at it, hijacking Firepower thread, how about some Honor Guard? xD

The easiest way around the shoulder cape problem is through Scibor Shoulder Pads imo.

either through this one: Templar Shoulder Pads large or this: Templar Shoulder Pads small

then green stuff the capes under the edges of the iconic extra pads and add the personal heraldry shield at the front of the shoulder pad as a pin for the cape.

The easiest way around the shoulder cape problem is through Scibor Shoulder Pads imo.

either through this one: Templar Shoulder Pads large or this: Templar Shoulder Pads small

then green stuff the capes under the edges of the iconic extra pads and add the personal heraldry shield at the front of the shoulder pad as a pin for the cape.

Do you(or anyone else for that matter) have either of those pad sets that we can see for comparison to normal PA?

I really don't care for how those look on Templar models.  Or at all, frankly.

Edit- I was right, it was Eberious that scratch made his SB shoulders.  There's a pic of one here, and several more on following pages: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/229703-would-you-like-to-fight-in-my-crusade/page-9

I'm kinda tempted to try...kinda.  Greenstuff and I have a long standing feud.

Edited by Firepower

Nah, the others aren't like that. I just flatened out the bottom a little too much removing sprue. He still has some neck, I checked another scout just to be sure. http://i.imgur.com/l30aLfq.jpg

So I picked up a 3/32" drill bit.  Not even close to thick enough.  I had an old 2mm drill bit that I tested first, and after a test fit I said to myself 'Yeah, if I go just a bit wider, it'll be perfect."

It wasn't a 2mm drill bit.  It was 3mm.  So, yeah, need a bigger drill bit.  At least the 3/32" was only like $2.50 :dry.:

I worked the 3mm bit around a lot too and it still wasn't wide enough.  I'm just gonna grab a 5/32" bit and hope for the best.  After measuring a few times, that seems to be as close to the width of the neck-balls (serious medical condition, that) as any bits are gonna get. :laugh.:

Edit- Fun.  My pin vice isn't big enough for a 5/32".  So now drilling out the neck to a proper size is roughly just as tedious as cutting off the necks.  Joy.

:dry.:

Edited by Firepower

I worked the 3mm bit around a lot too and it still wasn't wide enough. I'm just gonna grab a 5/32" bit and hope for the best. After measuring a few times, that seems to be as close to the width of the neck-balls (serious medical condition, that) as any bits are gonna get. :laugh.:

Edit- Fun. My pin vice isn't big enough for a 5/32". So now drilling out the neck to a proper size is roughly just as tedious as cutting off the necks. Joy.

:dry.:

Is that why the Mk. 8 had the collar added?

And if you don't want to risk drilling with power tools, there are hand drills that you can use to make that hole.