Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Display Bases

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

Arithon

Arithon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
Basing Article

This is just a short article showing how I usually make bases. I have a tendency to use a lot of kneadite to put stuff together plus PVA glue and superglue. To save me writing huge amounts I have included photographs showing step by step processes and what types of material I use. The rest is purely up to individual taste.
Step 1: Block
Posted Image
Step 2: Knife and block- go nuts
Posted Image
Step 3: Arrange stuff how you would like it with some blue tack
Posted Image
Step 4 : Kneadit/ modelling tool to attach it to the block
Posted Image
Step 5: PVA glue sand/ larger gravel where you want it. The more different textures the better- looks more natural
Posted Image
step 6 : paint
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Different displasy base types
Posted Image
Foliage Types: some dried plants + silfor products
Posted Image
Different materials for texture.
Posted Image

Redemption2994

Redemption2994

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 139 posts
This is just what I was looking for! Very unique and crafty! :o I assume most of these could be gotten at you're average craft store?
"I murdered thousands for the Emperor and he gave me nothing except his damning silence. Now his lapdogs yap for every life I take while the gods promise me the galaxy."- Svane Vulfbad

"Oh I just noticed your terminator has rhino horns. I think I'm gonna have to start poaching them for Ivory."
"Yes, because my evil chaos marines have suddenly become innocent little African Elephants to be preyed upon by your sinister Grey Knights, Thanks man. I think the roles just got switched here..."

"Yay! Ivory Points for Draigo!"
*Facepalm*

After stepping over the corpses of many a dead Tyranid. "Hey... Theres no Ivory on these guys, what a rip off!"