BA 5th Edition FAQ - VII

Morticon

I am currently arguing against our SPs granting allied forces FC aka The Red Thirst in the GK as Allies post. Unless GKs are privy to Sanguinius' psychic imprint, I don't think so. What say my fellow Sons of Sanguinius? Black Rage and Red Thirst are explained under Universal Special Rules, but they are not universal to any joe-blow Space Marine that calls themselves "friendly". That'd be a disgrace if any of you allow it and/or condone it. I'd never play it that way, no matter what. I'd argue RAI until I sprouted wings and fangs to boot! What say you?

RAW its clear as day. Same as Pedro Kantors ability.

RAI - different story all together. It should have totally been Any friendly BA unit.

However, I feel that with allies going the way they are hinted to go, this will only be an issue for a few more months.

I'd argue that "friendly" does not mean "a non-BA ally"!!! It means another BA unit that is within 6".

In the future, GW should let us playtest their literary works of crap before they misprint!!!

Guess it really doesn't matter to me since I don't play teams, so whatever. ;)

Signed,

Black Rage Against RAW or Eternal Red Thirst for RAI

:cuss

Mort, after a little search, I think I found the answer for Hit & Run.

I guess that since the Initiative test is only found in sweeping advance (at least to my knowledge),

this is what we should do.

Count the majority value, or the highest if there is no majority.

What do you think?

I guess that since the Initiative test is only found in sweeping advance (at least to my knowledge),

What do you think?

Sounds fair. Maybe an issue for the OR forum!

What do you think?

Sounds fair. Maybe an issue for the OR forum!

Shouldn't it be Dante's stats we use since it's HIS Special Rule that HE grants to the unit HE is with? :D

Shouldn't it be Dante's stats we use since it's HIS Special Rule that HE grants to the unit HE is with? :D

It possibly should be, but he does have a squad with him and they dont just disappear - the same could be argued for sweeping advances.

Hey,

can a unit of termies be transported inside a Stormraven? The entry does not say it can or cant but the same goes for the land raiders entry but in the Rhino chassis entry it specifically states that it cannot take models in termie armour.

Asking this now as a game i played today my opponent transported them in a stromraven. There was disscussion about this before the game and we ended up agreeing to let him use it as a transport for them.

Terminators can ride in Ravens.

Terminator armor rules state they take up two spaces in a transport, and can not go on rhinos/razorbacks. So, they can ride in Land Raiders or Storm Ravens but take up 2 spaces per model.

Shouldn't it be Dante's stats we use since it's HIS Special Rule that HE grants to the unit HE is with? :P

no, Dante's special rule grants Hit and Run to the entire squad, otherwise he wouldn't be able to make use of it, would he? so i say it goes by the majority I value.

Just reread "Surgical Strike" again. It says HE has the H&R USR "(and any squad he has joined)", which leads me to believe HIS USR, HIS Initiative. The squad doesn't have the USR, so their Initiative isn't used.

Just reread "Surgical Strike" again. It says HE has the H&R USR "(and any squad he has joined)", which leads me to believe HIS USR, HIS Initiative. The squad doesn't have the USR, so their Initiative isn't used.

Hit and Run rule:

"The unit must make an initiative test"

Tactical precision:

"any squad he has joined has the H&R USR"

I have no fool proof way of saying what to do. However, I can definitely prove what not to do. You def. dont test on Dante's init, since he is not the unit.

He is part of a unit.

Hit and Run rule:

Tactical precision:

I have no fool proof way of saying what to do. However, I can definitely prove what not to do. You def. dont test on Dante's init, since he is not the unit.

He is part of a unit.

You would think that if a lowly Captain like Tycho has enough battlefield hutzpah that the entire army can use his Ld10, that the elder-statesman of the Blood Angels and Chapter Master would/should clearly be able to use his I6 for HIS USR??? So many holes and not enough thumbs to plug them all!?! No response needed until an *OFFICIAL* FAQ comes about. :)

I guess that since the Initiative test is only found in sweeping advance

The Initiative test is found on page 8 of the BRB under Characteristic Tests. It doesnt state howeever if you use the Majority or the highest. I have always played it as the majority as that makes the most sense.

"During a battle, a model might have to take a test on one of its characteristics, commonly its Strength, toughness or INITITIVE..." "In order to take the test, roll a D6. To succeed, you must roll equal to or lower than the value of the characteristic involved..."

Hit and Run rule:

Tactical precision:

He is part of a unit.

You would think that if a lowly Captain like Tycho has enough battlefield hutzpah that the entire army can use his Ld10, that the elder-statesman of the Blood Angels and Chapter Master would/should clearly be able to use his I6 for HIS USR??? So many holes and not enough thumbs to plug them all!?! No response needed until an *OFFICIAL* FAQ comes about.

i'm really not sure where you are finding holes in this rule. Tactical precision grants the rule to him and his squad, Tactical Precision is unique to Dante, but H&R isn't, the rule is clear on this. H&R isn't all that shady either. it's fairly clear for GW. Again, i'm not sure where the confusion lies in this one, please be more specific.

as for WoS on an imobilized dread. for a moment i was in the maybe category, just because JI can't be imobilized, can they? but i'm really thinking that's pushing it, even if it can be argued that it's legal from a RAW stand point, it's a bit too much of a stretch, even for me. on the fluff side, i have no problem with it though as some people see to, i mean, if the guy's mind is strong enough to lift a multi-ton war machine off the ground and send it flying through the air, i'd think a broken leg wouldn't be that big of a deal, he'd find a way to compesate. if he can stand up enough to fight, there's no reason the combination of the shear ruggedness of the machine coupled with the awe inspiring power of a librarian's considerable talent with the warp couldn't over come a broken hydraulic line to land after lifting himself and flying through the air. but again, i'm not sure the rules support this interpretation, but it's more of grey area to me than some i suppose.

Hi all.

Finaly got my copy of the rules and poured through it once or twice.

Here's my first post. Interesting to see all the cheese holes you lot have found.

I didn't notice most of it, but I did see this. Page 84 Captain, page 89 Assault Squad, page 92 Vanguard Veteran and other entries...

In the weapons choices for anything involving Lightning Claws the rules say (or similar)-

"Replace boltgun, bolt pistol and/or chainsword with:

Blah

Blah

-a powersword, lightning claw, plasma pistol or infernus pistol..........15pts"

Page 81 States "Where an option lists all the upgrades you may exchange one weapon 'and/or' another, you may replace either, neither or both provided you pay the points cost.

So literaly I take it this mean if I pay 30 pts I can have a pair of lightning claws, if we follow the same line of thought similarly we can now start running Assaultish jetpack Squads around the table armed with pairs of Plasma Pistols on single models.

Does anyone see any reason to object to this?

I remember losing many troops to a Chaos squad armed soley with Plasma Pistols.

Does paired Plasma Pistols on a model grant two shots per model?

20 shots with a Vanguard Squad wipes out a unit and then free to Asault another unit in the Combat phase is appealing.

Legal?

Not legal.

Well, it is legal to give 2 plasma pistols to a model.

But you can only fire one gun unless you have a special rule that says otherwise (such as Monsterous Creatures).

And, if you fire on one unit, you must charge that unit. If that unit has been wiped out by your shooting, you can't charge.

Yes your right James. I remember those rules now you said it.

I'm one of these isolated people that never gets to play games... just paint. Well when I get time. lol

So nasty freaky squad full of lightening claws it is then... oooh I'm looking forwards to this. Squad killers!!

Cheers James

Mort said it was in this thread but it's not turning up anywhere so I'll ask this question here!

Demolisher cannons are listed in the codex only as "Ordnance1" weapons and not "Ordnance1, large blast", implying they don't count as large blast.

However, page 58 of the BRB states "Unless otherwise specified, all ordnance blast weapons use the large blast marker."

The Inquisition has orbital weapons that are listed as "ordnance blast" implying that demolisher cannons are not ordnance blast weapons. Imperial Guard hellstrike missiles are ordnance1, and an FAQ states that they do not use large blast markers. On the other hand, this would imply that our demolisher cannons are somehow different from every other demolisher, perhaps to balance out Fast vindicators. Dunno.

Mort said it was in this thread but it's not turning up anywhere so I'll ask this question here!

Dmn matey, youre right- totally my bad. I thought this was already in the FAQ. I'll stick it up now.

I need this rule cleared up.

On page 87 in the codex under Sanguinary Priest, it says that I can take 1-3 priests as a single elites choice.

I'm using 3, can I still use them as IC and attach them to seperate units, or do i have to take them as a single unit.

Archived