Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BA 5th Edition FAQ - VII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
219 replies to this topic

JamesI

JamesI

++ OBITUS CAELESTIE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 14,137 posts
  • Faction: Angels Vermillion+TSons

Furioso Librarians can not be upgraded to Episoltaries.

Normal Episoltary Libarians can not take 4 psychic powers, just 2.

Apologies...I misread the bit about the additional powers, it's just 2 powers per turn, (one of which, I understand, can be to use the Force Weapon to try and instant death your opponent in the event of an unsaved wound - thus the question)

However, at the risk of sounding picky...is there a reason why not being allowed to upgrade the character...apart from the fact that the Librarian is the only one talked about in the Furiouso upgrade? After all, the upgrade doesn't say that the Librarian is an HQ choice, and the Furioso is normally an Elite choice, but I assume that the Librarian remains an HQ even in the Dread?

Genuinely interested.

Cheers

The Furioso Librarian is not an HQ choice. It is an elites choice. It only has the options listed in the Furioso entry. Episoltary is not one of the listed options.

gallery_26_4045_8286.gif

FluteMaster

FluteMaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts
  • Faction: Cleansing Flames

Furioso Librarians can not be upgraded to Episoltaries.

Normal Episoltary Libarians can not take 4 psychic powers, just 2.

Apologies...I misread the bit about the additional powers, it's just 2 powers per turn, (one of which, I understand, can be to use the Force Weapon to try and instant death your opponent in the event of an unsaved wound - thus the question)

However, at the risk of sounding picky...is there a reason why not being allowed to upgrade the character...apart from the fact that the Librarian is the only one talked about in the Furiouso upgrade? After all, the upgrade doesn't say that the Librarian is an HQ choice, and the Furioso is normally an Elite choice, but I assume that the Librarian remains an HQ even in the Dread?

Genuinely interested.

Cheers

The Furioso Librarian is not an HQ choice. It is an elites choice. It only has the options listed in the Furioso entry. Episoltary is not one of the listed options.

Ahah, ok...back to the drawing board.

:lol:

And thanks for the explanation.
"Tear his leg off and hit him with the soggy end"

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,880 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Here's the link to the latest FAQ

http://www.games-wor...Version_1_2.pdf

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_48988_15094_4929.pnggallery_62972_14467_2702.jpggallery_48988_15094_2403.pnggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials | Delaque
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:0
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:0
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:2 Dreadnought List W:2 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:0 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:1 Two Towers List W:0 D:0 L:0
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:2 D:1 L:0

Papa

Papa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
Thanks Jolemai
:woot:

Wakim

Wakim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
Sanguinary Priest in transports - do you measure the bubble from the HULL or the priest MODEL? - please quote a source on the rulling.

At local tourneys the rulling has always been "measure from the model inside the transport, not the hull of the transport" for Shield - psychich non-shooting AoE power AND Sanguinary Priest's bubble.

Getting a look at the FAQ i noticed it's wrong on the Psychic power bit - you actually measure from the hull which makes a much larger bubble for your shield. But what about the Sanguinary Priest? Where is the clarification on that one? Honestly couldn't find it.

Morollan

Morollan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,400 posts

Sanguinary Priest in transports - do you measure the bubble from the HULL or the priest MODEL? - please quote a source on the rulling.

At local tourneys the rulling has always been "measure from the model inside the transport, not the hull of the transport" for Shield - psychich non-shooting AoE power AND Sanguinary Priest's bubble.

Getting a look at the FAQ i noticed it's wrong on the Psychic power bit - you actually measure from the hull which makes a much larger bubble for your shield. But what about the Sanguinary Priest? Where is the clarification on that one? Honestly couldn't find it.

Check out the brb, pg 66 (Embarking section)

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,880 posts
Latest FAQ is found here for those who don't have it.

Also was this ever resolved?

Can Furioso Librarian dread use Wings of Sanguinius and move when he is Immobilised?

Lol that would be really stretching it.

Wether you can or not, i doubt any player in the world would let you do that.

Only the reason I ask is because of the following on the FAQ:

Q: Can a Furioso Librarian still use a psychic shooting
attack if he has no weapons left? (p29)
A: Yes.

Then it should stand to reason that Wings of Sanguinius would move an immobilised Librarian Dreadnought...

Edited by Jolemai, 26 April 2012 - 11:44 AM.

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_48988_15094_4929.pnggallery_62972_14467_2702.jpggallery_48988_15094_2403.pnggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials | Delaque

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,232 posts

Can Furioso Librarian dread use Wings of Sanguinius and move when he is Immobilised?

Then it should stand to reason that Wings of Sanguinius would move an immobilised Librarian Dreadnought...

Absolutely nothing stopping you from using the power.
Just the rules stopping you from subsequently moving.
Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Emperors Immortals

Emperors Immortals

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,487 posts
  • Faction: Sable Claws.

Absolutely nothing stopping you from using the power.
Just the rules stopping you from subsequently moving.

yeah...they stung me with that one just after the codex landed - though for fluff's sake i still say that a 2 tonne metal box flying through the air with the power of positive thinking alone wouldnt care if its legs were stuck on or not.Apparentlty it does though...grrr....

emperorsimmortals.pnggallery2900493031545.pnggallery_29004_9303_1940.png

forte @ Sep 26 2012, 03:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I'd rather be captured by Night Lords than even fight against Slaanesh Marines. 

Shh, no science. Only grim dark. 

Brother Theseus

Brother Theseus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 46 posts
When rolling for a squad to arrive from reserves, can both combat squads arrive from a single reserve roll or do each combat squad have to roll its own dice?

Emperors Immortals

Emperors Immortals

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,487 posts
  • Faction: Sable Claws.

When rolling for a squad to arrive from reserves, can both combat squads arrive from a single reserve roll or do each combat squad have to roll its own dice?

i belive you can only combat squad after deployment, so roll for the full squad and then you may combat squad them.

emperorsimmortals.pnggallery2900493031545.pnggallery_29004_9303_1940.png

forte @ Sep 26 2012, 03:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I'd rather be captured by Night Lords than even fight against Slaanesh Marines. 

Shh, no science. Only grim dark. 

JamesI

JamesI

++ OBITUS CAELESTIE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 14,137 posts
  • Faction: Angels Vermillion+TSons

Both arrive from 1 roll, because you can't combat squad them until after they arrive.

gallery_26_4045_8286.gif

Lsmith7606

Lsmith7606

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts
I think you should treat Tyco as read. other instances like the sanguinary guard explicitly state the change in status, you could assume that Tyco is as Tyco does.

Morollan

Morollan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,400 posts

I think you should treat Tyco as read. other instances like the sanguinary guard explicitly state the change in status, you could assume that Tyco is as Tyco does.

What's this in connection with? You might want to use quotes

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,880 posts
Silly question time. As the Frag Cannon is a template weapon, does it ignore cover (or is this rule for Flamers only)?

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,232 posts

Silly question time. As the Frag Cannon is a template weapon, does it ignore cover (or is this rule for Flamers only)?

Not silly! And yup- totally ignores cover as its a template!
Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Corbulo Tactica

Brother nathan

Brother nathan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,830 posts
  • Faction: Storm Angels
when is this being closed and reopened for 6th?( course stuff that still applies should be gleaned from it...?)

They stand against the coming storm, they are not buffeted by war, the thunder of guns does not shake them, nor do the rains drench their spirits,
for they are the true storm and they shall not be denied! For the Emperor and Sanguinius they will fight!

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,232 posts
Will have to take it up with JamesI and have a chat and get back to y'all !

Corbulo Tactica

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,880 posts
Add it to the resources page as a link and create a new one?

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,232 posts
Thank you for all that contributed to the last 2 years of the 5th Ed. FAQ.

We will be opening a new 6th ed one!

See you there.

Corbulo Tactica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users