With Bolt, Blade and Bomb! I fired up WH40K Squad Command

Anerythristic

I found my copy of Squad Command for the PSP and instantly thought I should fire it up. I'm glad I did.

It's such a cool game with a sometimes very challenging difficulty level. I love the corny voice acting the CSM dying "death... finally..." or when you lose a Predator "AVENGE MEEEeeee!" :devil: The custscenes were also excellent! Was it a popular game on here, are you guys fans? What are your favorite strategies?

It was reasonably good. I never got past a certain level.

It would have been far better if you could have had more options customizing your units, leveling them and having 2 campaigns.

And a skirmish mode you could do on your own.

i really liked the game. i had one mission that i couldn't do and so stopped playing for a while, i then picked it up again and swiftly completed it i was really happy.

mainly i just backed the skills of the Grey Knights in the final mission. but the final mission seemed rather easy, for me anyway. as i came into the big square where the 2 defilers were. i just only moved in far enough to have 1 defiler notice me. so then i could just fire at that one till it died. and then moved on.

i think it was a good game, but i had it on DS. should be the same game :P

Athiair :D

It definetly had some issues. It was real difficult in some areas. There is this one board that I have not reached with a squad of scouts and a Dread :huh:and you have to clear out cultists, right when you think its over they reinforce, that level frustrated me.

I would alwys love the option to customize your character and weapons they leave that option out of to many games not just 40K games. I also thought that they should have not made it that every member in your squad could carry a las cannon or a plasma weapon or a heavy bolter etc. to add deep strategy.

i think it was a good game, but i had it on DS. should be the same game :P

Athiair :D

Did the DS get the awesome cut scenes?

Just in the beginning I had a really good fight. It's the 5TH level..I think... where you have to rescue the Inquisitor in the immobilized LR. I had two marines left one packing Plasma, the other had a missle launcher. I hunkered down between my destroyed Land Speeder and the Raider, those two marines fended off three Word Bearers and their Dread. Moved from cover, shot, moved back into cover...awesome.

I got it for my wife's DS when it first came out (no cut scenes) then when i got my PSP spent about 2 years looking for it again (finally found it at walmart by pure chance) I'm in the same boat, one level i just can't get past.

Probably the best lesson I leraned is to only attack juicy in the open targets and not to over extend. If you use all your action points to rush an enemy 20 moves away with a chain sword and are left hangin, you will die next turn It's better to move your marines in slowly and leave them in overwatch behind cover with their heavy weapon. What happens is the CSM charge you you get the one shot kill with Plasma or a Missile. Then on your next turn there is often a few enenmies that overextended and are just standing in the middle of the street, kill them move up a bit and back into defensive positions. Easy.

I thought it was a good game despite the brutal difficulty at points. The opening missions seemed imbalanced heavily for some odd reason. I had a particular issue with the second mission. After playing it for over an hour I was almost wiped out by the suprise at the end of the level.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived