Iron Within - Iron Warriors Blog - NEW Vlâdvar pictures

im thinkning of doing an iron warriors abaddon too!

i was gonna give him 2 servo arms, one with a servo claw thing and the other with a combi bolter. then in one hand have a chaosed thunder hammer to represent the strength and his deamon weapon, in the other hand i was gonna have a chaos lightning claw.

for a head i was thinking either bionic marine sergeant head or a reall grim looking helmet.

feel free to use any of those ideas :)

good luck

These guys are great!

If yo are looking for effectiveness on the table for your 2nd superhaevy go fo the banesword (the one with the AP3 barrage, makes marines cry). If its pure asthetics go with what you like but then my vote is for banesword again.

WOW! Thank you for all the wicked comments guys!! :D :)

Gods of Chaos hear my call!

I Vlâdvar The Destroyer hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 2 units:

1 Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour

1 Squad of 5 Chaos Terminators

from my Iron Warrior Army before July 30, 2010.

I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month.

As you can see I have defently decided to enter the Call of Chaos IV :P (& I will post the updates in the blog) I'm gonna be entering Captain Rackstrum (he is now ready for paint) & 5 of my Ironclad Terminators (I may bump this up to 10 all, but it depends on how fast I can get all of the guys finished off) I was gonna wait a while till i had more guys ready for painting, but I couldn't resist the call of chaos :P

As for Vlâdvar concept sketch I'm still working on it (gonna hopefully finish it off tonight)!!

@ sword brethren - great warsmith minds think alike, I'm pretty much goin down the same road as you, bionics, big claw, big hammer, big :huh: dude, lol!

@ nurglez - yes I shall be seeing you on the battlefield Janus & my #Iron Warriors shall pound you to dust (hopefully) :P

@ Razblood - that is an awesome idea, i really love the idea of having it mounted on a pintle mount! Aye transformers have some cool names!

@ Justicar Valius - That Banesword idea does sound cool, however I'm gonna go for a storm lord, cuz i love the look of the Mega bolter & I'm gonna make custom rules to make it into a terminator carrier

i like it, though ill be honest with you, i dont like the idea of models in terminator armour without helmets, just seems stupid to not wear a helmet when wearing "the best armour available to marines".

ragnarok? really? for shame ;)

Lol wot? Ragnarok (end of the world) is a wicked name for a Daemon Weapaon :D

Personally helmetless Termis don't bother me, as I like the design of some of the bare heads!

Also I've been having a think about the pose I would give Vlad.. I'm gonna go with him standing victoriously over a dismembered Sanguinary Guard & holding a Death Mask in his Claw :) (i went for a dead Blood Angel, as 1 of my mates has a BA army :lol:)

I agree that bare heads for terminators adds character, but i just get reminded of the bit from the Horus heresy book fulgrim, where they guy takes his helmet off and cant use the vox.....

Me, my count as abaddon wears a helm, because being shot in the head by a sniper isn't how he wants to die ;)

I'd prefer a moulded helm, sorta daemony, like its part of him, as he's been wearing it for so long its started to take on his features.

Ragnarok yes end of the world i do know this, i do have a slight knowledge of nordic mythology, though maybe you should take the letters and rearrange it, so ragnarok is its true name, but vlad calls it something else so other's cant draw its power away from him, or something.

Uh. A little thing, really. I don't know if you noticed, but you apparently have an Iron Warriors Amy..

Everyone loves Amy, right? :P

Really nice work, inspirational! I like the idea of a power ram, very in tune with the Terminator theme you seem to have going for you. Any chance of a painted model anytime soon, would love to see your approach in metallics and how to fit the hazard stripes in with all the Chaos detail.

Uh. A little thing, really. I don't know if you noticed, but you apparently have an Iron Warriors Amy..

Lmao, d'oh! its been like that for a few weeks now! The Chaos gods cursed me with poor spelling :D it is now fixed ^_^

@ Rorschach - cheers dude! Aye I am also entering the CoC IV, so you shall see some of them painted soon! Got some of the paint scheme figured out & I will do a test mini 1st too! As for the chevrons I will paint them on to the most plain parts so the detail won't look too crowded ;)

I can't belive that I've not seen this thread!

Fantastic work Vlâdvar, very nice concepts and terminators. Glad to see you decided to enter the Call of Chaos IV, because that means that we will soon see these monsters painted!

I like very much the battering ram and the 'count as PF' thunder hammers.

Fantastic looking termies. Makes me want to make some IW terminators myself.

Probably my favorite is Bruticus. Excellent way to work around otherwise not having a place for the bolter. heh

Thank you very much guys :cuss

Now I know Call of Chaos IV is on & I’m currently finishing off 5 of my termis ready to be painted (the termi lord is ready to be undercoated & will hopefully start painting tomorrow!)... I haven’t done an update for a while, as I've been so damn busy with work, sucks! Anyways, I figured that I would do a small update & reveal my idea for Goreal, my count as Khârn! (needed a bit of a break from modelling terminators)

The main base for Goreal will be Gabriel Seth, I have already removed the icons on his chest, belt & left leg, as well as the purity seals... next step is to add some skulls & a new belt buckle... Also his arms will be the thunder hammer from the Death Company boxset & the axe head & Backpack is from the 40k Khorne Lord!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/t0rtured-s0ul/GW%20Stuff/Goreal_wip.png

Call of Chaos IV - MAY, UPDATE #1

Finally finished sculpting the detail on my Terminator Lord & 5 Terminators, was hoping to start painting today, however the weather was pretty rubbish for undercoating, so will hopefully do it tomorrow B)

Captain Rackstrum - not much different on him, just had to fill the gap on his right arm

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/t0rtured-s0ul/GW%20Stuff/Rackstrum2.png

Bruticus - sculpted an Iron Warrior Icon on his right shoulder & filled gaps on his servo arm

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/t0rtured-s0ul/GW%20Stuff/Bruticus2.png

Blaagorn - added shoulder pads and some details, I'm very happy with the left shoulder pad ^_^

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/t0rtured-s0ul/GW%20Stuff/Blaagorn2.png

Vork'ash - added shoulder pads, filled in some gaps & sculpted a small Iron Icon on his right wrist (very fiddly)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/t0rtured-s0ul/GW%20Stuff/Vorkash2.png

Nalgor - beefed up the joint on his Meltagun, sculpted an Iron Warrior icon on the right shoulder pad & some hair on the severed head

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/t0rtured-s0ul/GW%20Stuff/Nalgor2.png

Mörklon - sculpted an Iron Warrior Icon on his chest, filled in some gaps & added detail to the banner & shoulder pads

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a62/t0rtured-s0ul/GW%20Stuff/Morklon2.png

Stay tuned for May update #2 :)

Archived