Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Duel to the Death

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts

No bikes, jump packs, or the equivalent (just to keep things easy)

Q: is a Steed of Slaanesh allowed?

No steeds allowed. It's okay to submit an image of a model on a Steed of Slaanesh, though (we'll just consider it an archive image and that character won't actually have the steed for purposes of the battles).

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

The_Crippster

The_Crippster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 176 posts
Wait till our daemon players bring out the chariots.
QUOTE (Dan The Deamon @ Mar 9 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's that team who's set up to loose against the Harlem globetrotters? I feel like we're playing the "bad guy" codex and we only exist to give all the new Space marine players some entertainment.

Inquisitor Fox

Inquisitor Fox

++ QUAESTOR PERSONATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,598 posts

Though I'm thankful that the Nun with a Gun doesn't have the Hairdryer of Doom™ that allowed the last user to dominate a past AoD...

I have always maintained that point-for-point, a properly kitted out Canoness is the single deadliest model in all of 40K. I have seen her stand up to just about everything -- including a swarmlord -- and come out on top. She's the real model to fear....

Had the point limit been 150 points as opposed to 145 I may have been tempted to include one :huh: Besides, true believers of the Emperor need not fear the wrath of the Ecclesiarchy and the Inquisition! Guess that makes all y'all heretics or something... *grins*

(F.K.A. Inquisitor NicolePyykkonen)

bystrom

bystrom

+LEXICANIUM+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 846 posts

0-1 attack at Str 8 -or- instant kill ability

Is this per player turn? It won't affect me, just wondering.
gallery_24779_1036_42028.jpg

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts

0-1 attack at Str 8 -or- instant kill ability

Is this per player turn? It won't affect me, just wondering.

No, it's for the character. So you can't have a Captain with a power fist and combi-meltagun, or a Librarian with force weapon and combi-meltagun, etc.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Grey Mage

Grey Mage

++ ARCTOS CAELIFERUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,665 posts
I thought it was str6 or insta-kill. Str 8 is much nicer.
QUOTE (Wolf Guard Dan @ Dec 28 2009, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When in doubt- Grey Mage.
QUOTE (thade @ Jun 7 2011, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Hammernators are for pansies. There, I said it.

Brother-Chaplain Gaius

Brother-Chaplain Gaius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,391 posts

• Space Marine Captain
  • Stormbolter (replaces chainsword)
  • Hellfire rounds
  • Auxiliary grenade launcher
  • Digital Weapons
Total: 138 points

storm bolter can't fire hellfire rounds

And are there no Ultramarines with enough Courage and Honour to take the field?
Im suprised I don't see any Relic Blade/Stormshield Ultra Captains :(
I have one :wub:

Edited by Brother-Chaplain Gaius, 07 May 2010 - 07:08 AM.

Courage and Honour

bystrom

bystrom

+LEXICANIUM+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 846 posts
He's still got a bolter, so all fine and dandy, can't carry too many guns can he :P
That said, my gun's bigger -_-
Tread softly, and carry a big gun.

Brother-Captain Ismarius - Master of the Navy
Captain of the Third, Brother-Captain Ismarius has served with distinction for decennia, leading his Company through the baptismal fires of war. It was he who fought in the Chapter's name on Medusa V, where he was able to defeat the Eldar forces of Saim Hann and retrieve several pieces of an alien artifact for study by the Ordo Xenos. Though he himself was struck down by an Eldar blade he would fight again and with renewed vigour, till the day of his appointed incarceration in the Dreadnought Sarcophagus Furia (Fury).
As Captain of the Third he has considerable Naval forces at his disposal, especially as the Chapter follows the tenets and beliefs laid down by their Primogenator, Dorn, the Tenacious, they are a space-faring Chapter.

Posted Image

Entry
Chapter Master
Storm bolter
Lightning claw
Total cost: 143

He will join the Librarium in their fight!
Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Tactics:
Badaboooom!!!!
Dakka, dakka, dakka, dakka
slice, slice slice

Faithful unto death.

nuff said ;)
gallery_24779_1036_42028.jpg

JamesI

JamesI

++ OBITUS CAELESTIE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 14,137 posts
Angels Vermillion Codicer Celino

Posted Image

Entry

Librarian
Terminator Armor
Storm Shield
Psychic Hood
Psychic Powers
Sword of Sanguinius
Smite

After some consideration, I will be fighting for the honor of the Blood Angels forum.

If I can, I'll get a background written. Not sure if I'll have time.

Edited by JamesI, 20 May 2010 - 10:08 AM.

gallery_26_4045_8286.gif

Brother Nihm

Brother Nihm

++ INTEMPESTA NOX ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 11,859 posts
Representing the Chaos Forums is

Chaos Lord G'Nerik N Bela'nd

Posted Image

Chaos Lord
Mark of Slaanesh
Blissgiver Daemon Weapon
Posted Image
My Blog | My Gallery | Call of Chaos: IV, V

Gillyfish

Gillyfish

++ PRIMANI PERSEQUOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,133 posts
Master Pellinor of the Dark Angels

Master Pellinor holds the rank of Master within the Dark Angels Chapter yet is not the Master of a Company. Indeed, the precise nature of his rank is a mystery to many normal marines within the Chapter, yet when Pellinor appears the other Masters will defer to him. It seems the senior ranks of the Dark Angels know something about Pellinor's role that is not common knowledge in the rest of the Chapter. He carries one of the fabled heavenfall blades and an ornate plasma pistol, said to have been gifted to him by Azrael himself - tokens of high standing and impressive combat prowess.

Pellinor's appearance within a warzone cannot be predicted, but when he does appear, it is usually the precursor to some particularly ferocious fighting. Pellinor's last recorded appearance was on Medusa V where he lead a small force from the 4th company and the Ravenwing to a number of victories over Chaos forces.

Posted Image

Pellinor has the following wargear and uses the stats of a company master form the Dark Angels' codex

Power armour
Frag and krak grenades
Iron Halo
Plasma Pistol
Sword of Sanctity (counts as a single lightning claw)

Cost: 140

Edited by Gillyfish, 20 May 2010 - 03:52 PM.
Added header!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Like Space Hulk? Join the Indomitus project! http://www.bolterand.../184-indomitus/

Chaplain Lucifer

Chaplain Lucifer

++ RHETOR ORIENS ASTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,243 posts
Posted Image

• Dark Angels Librarian
  • Bolt pistol
  • Force Weapon
  • Psychic power: Force Barrier
  • Psychic power: Hellfire
  • Psychic hood
Total: 120 points

Edited by Chaplain Lucifer, 21 May 2010 - 08:03 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,501 posts
:HQ: Dark Apostle Aak'Druu, 73rd Host of the Word Bearers Legion

Posted Image

145 points

Unit Choice: Chaos Lord
Weapons/Wargear: Accursed Crozius (daemon weapon/deathscreamer), Protection of the Gods (mark of tzeentch)

Favoring the black armor of the Imperium's Chaplains, Dark Apostle Aak'Druu enjoys his twisted parody of opponents' holy wargear. Utilizing old, forgotten tech long forgotten by the Techpriests of Mars, Aak'Druu's ancient plasma pistol can fire on the lowest setting ever known, putting out a volley of low-power plasma shots...or overheating inconveniently. His deadly and accursed Crozius is his symbol of power, and the Gods look upon him favorably and bless him with their protective embrace.

I'm surprised nobody has busted out Skulltaker yet. If mine was painted he's totally my pick...maybe next time...

Edited by Seahawk, 25 May 2010 - 11:53 PM.

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

Barret

Barret

++PRAEDO EIULATUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,897 posts
Posted Image

Iron-Commander Lestek Piaast is one of the three primary commanders of Clan-Company Griogaar, alongside Iron-Father Herzog and Venerable Brother Stampfa. Piaast is the speartip of the Company, always leading from the fore with his cadre of Assault Marines. He fights and leads in stony silence, spending his words more dearly than bolt-shells, and is a stark contrast to the fiery and impassioned rantings of Herzog. Piaast bears the relic blade Zomorrodnegar, with which he slew the daemon Zerehfulad and all its armies, though that battle cost him all his legs. Built into his mostly-bionic body is a rare and powerful conversion granted to him by the Adepts of the Forge World Subdury V after he lead the defence against the Necrontyr beneath the planet's surface, where he lost his last remaining fleshy limb. Piaast is said to have thanked the Necron Lord for doing him that service, before carving it to pieces.

Space Marine Captain
  • Relic Blade
  • Heavy Conversion Field (counts-as Storm Shield)

Total: 145 points

Piaast fights for the Index Astartes!

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts
Okay, here's the roster (so far):

Aurelius Rex
Sergeant Ephran Pallas (Scions of Dorn)
Liber Astartes

Sigismund Himself
Brother-Librarian Korvac (Legio)
Librarium

Ferrata
Brother-Captain Purah (Wings of Death)
Liber Astartes

Max_Dammit
Brother Dammot (Space Wolves)
Space Wolves

Ferrus Manus
Brother-Codicer Gudmund (Arctic Lions
Librarium

Kurgan the Lurker
Inquisitor Germanicus
Liber Astartes

number6
Grand Master Acubens (Grey Knights
Ordos Inquisition

DasPanzerIstUber
Marshal Recard (Black Templars
Black Templars

Von Richthofen
Marshal Johan von Richthofen (Black Templars)
Black Templars

SCC
The Legionnaire (Legion of the Damned)
Index Astartes

Inquisitor Nicole Pyykkonen
Palatine Kristina (Order of the Sacred Rose)
Ordos Inquisition

bystrom
Brother-Captain Ismarius (Legio)
Librarium

JamesI
Codicier Celino (Angels Vermillion)
Blood Angels

Brother Nihm
Chaos Lord G'Nerik N Bela'nd
Chaos

Gillyfish
Master Pellinor (Dark Angels)
Dark Angels

Chaplain Lucifer
Epistolary Sheol (Dark Angels)
Dark Angels

Seahawk
Dark Apostle Aak'Druu (Word Bearers)
Chaos

Barret
Iron-Commander Lestek Piaast (Iron Hands)
Index Astartes

When I wake up, I'll close the roster (and add any last minute additions that may crop up between now and then).

Edited by Seahawk, 25 May 2010 - 11:55 PM.
Ferrata "clarified" his sponsorship...new name for Seahawk's dude

Chaplain Lucifer

Chaplain Lucifer

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,243 posts
18 heavy-hitters. Thsi going to be interesting. :cuss Bragging rights will be fully accounted for.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Ferrata

Ferrata

++ PUNIO TRUCIDO ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,909 posts

Ferrata
Brother-Captain Purah (Wings of Death)
Liber Astartes?

Sorry? Is there any other forums here? :(

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts
Okay, my previous post had all of the entrants, minus one. Grey Mage posted a character, but kept the entry invisible pending an image of his character. This is his opportunity to get that image posted so that his Space Wolf Rune Priest can participate. I'll wait for a nay or yay from him before finalizing (and we'll turn the entry visible so that y'all can see it).

Once I have final word, we'll start with the draw for the first round. My mechanic for each round will be a random blind draw. Each character's name will be written on a token and all of the tokens will be placed in a hopper. I'll draw two names out at a time to arrange battles. If we have an odd number of participants, the one left over will get the bye. A character that gets a bye in one round will be considered the first name drawn for the next round, ensuring that no one gets a bye two rounds in a row.

Battles will be single elimination. If we get the last character, for nineteen total, we'll have five rounds as follows:
  • 9 battles with one bye for 10 survivors
  • 5 battles with no bye for 5 survivors
  • 2 battles with 1 bye for 3 survivors
  • 1 battle with 1 bye for 2 survivors
  • 1 championship battle
If we have just the eighteen characters currently listed total, we'll have five rounds as follows:
  • 9 battles with no bye for 9 survivors
  • 4 battles with one bye for 5 survivors
  • 2 battles with 1 bye for 3 survivors
  • 1 battle with 1 bye for 2 survivors
  • 1 championship battle
So I guess that means we'll have five rounds regardless. :P

Captain Juan Juarez

Captain Juan Juarez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,518 posts
So...

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.. Leeeeeeeets get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuumble!

Ahem.. Episode over.

Edited by Captain Juan Juarez, 22 May 2010 - 06:41 PM.

" They made you to be untouched by God or mortal. As I cannot kill you, so I curse you, not with death but with life.

I curse you - with the pain of ten thousand days in the Dark Place, with the life's blood of a mage's sacrifice, with Death's authority held in my hands.

I curse you, and I strike your name from history, stripped of arrogance and pride, empty of the self you once knew, gutted of all you are. I take your name and all you have won by the strength of your hand. I curse you for eternity, to find only darkness where once you knew your own face.

And I dub you the Ragged Man."

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
Should be a good time had by all. :) Of the two AoD's in which I have competed, in the first my character died in round 2, in the second I died in round 1.

Hopefully I won't continue the obvious trend of getting worse and worse and my character dies in a freak accident before the AoD starts... possibly involving being run over by a Land Raider while on the way to the arena. :lol:

Interesting to see random allocations - I was half expecting a sneaky trick like the first round being between competitors of the same board sections, with the two Index Astartes representatives fighting each other, and similarly the two Black Templars, Librarium reps, Inquisition agents, Liber heroes, Dark Angels, Chaos guys etc. battling to represent their section in round two. :)

It looks like my fellow Liber Astartes representatives may be spared the wrath of my character's Apollyon pattern chainsword, at least until later in the competition...

... Unless Brother Tyler would be willing to allow... Challenges? :lol:
Hidden Content

Chaplain Lucifer

Chaplain Lucifer

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,243 posts

... Unless Brother Tyler would be willing to allow... Challenges? :)

Wouldn't be fair to SW mods having their characters eliminated in round 1 by DA mods.... :yes:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
Fair? Sounds fitting to have a recreation of the old DA / SW feud. :)

Are you fixin' to lay a challenge on one of the Wolf characters, Luci? ;)
Hidden Content

Barret

Barret

++PRAEDO EIULATUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,897 posts
KILLFRENZY KILLFRENZY KILLFRE--uh, er, The Flesh is Weak!

Sigismund Himself

Sigismund Himself

++SCRIBERE NOVELLUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,415 posts
I would just like to point out to all Bro Nihm's character's name. This made my day B)

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
:D Was this a subtle commentary on the most recent Chaos Space Marine Codex, Nihm? :woot:
Hidden Content