Games Day UK 2010

Iron-Daemon Forge

Hi everone

For those who have not seen on the GW site.

Games Day UK is on the 26th of Sept & ticket go on sale from the 29th of May unless you get your WD by mail order.

So who going?? I'll be going as per usely, really enjoy two out of the three year I attended. Aim to properly take part in Golden Daemon this year.

IP

I should be going and I'm fairly certain I can get Daffyd Fireclaw to come along as well.

Curiously, have they ever explained why they do it on a Sunday? Cheaper rates or actually having access to the facilities? This time shouldn't be such a little GD n00b and spend ages in the FW queue so I can actually admire GD entries and the like.

And most importantly there's no chance I'm going to be upset by a lack of Space Wolf 'dexes this year...(I was stoked last year for an actual codex to get it signed)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Brother Cambrius reporting for duty at this Hive city of Birmingham! I may be entering into the Golden Demon for giggles and to challenge myself. I know I'm not going to win against the big boys and girls, but it'll be fun to have a try.

Cambrius

• 2 weeks later...
Come on surely there must be more attending form the B+C! Only 5 seems like a very sad number to me.

Cambrius

There been a few other topics in the sub area like Space Wolves, etc.. Just a lot of people do not check this area that often.

Just need to head to the Black Library area first to pick up Garror Audio tape, First Heretic & Bloodline. Got a 8 hour bus trip back home, so got lot of time to read on the way back as well as sleep.

What the food like in the area GD being held in??

IP

some of the food is ok, you have the usual subway stall etc as its an exhibition centre.

i might actually wander over to the black library areas this time round and attempt to get a copy of first heretic (and harass adb) before heading over to the sculpers to harass them all for pointers.

I'll be there, probably drooling at the Dark Eldar and cursing the impulse that led to buying a massive Skaven army!

Oh and Mr A D-B, I'm definitely hoping to get to chat with you about The Last Heretic and the Word Bearers in general.

Come on surely there must be more attending form the B+C! Only 5 seems like a very sad number to me.

Cambrius

They're making me go.

Frankly I'm not surprised A D-B. ;) It means I can ask you many questions about First Heretic and such. ;) Although how exactly do they make you go. :P Do GW and BL own a Runtherd to "guide" you to the event? :P

Cambrius

Cambrius

They're making me go.

Frankly I'm not surprised A D-B. :) It means I can ask you many questions about First Heretic and such. ;) Although how exactly do they make you go. :) Do GW and BL own a Runtherd to "guide" you to the event? :P

Cambrius

In Slaves to Darkness (back from 1885 or whenever) there's a "Techmarine" in the Black Legion section, holding what looks like two fishing poles. These are Spawngoads, apparently.

All I know for sure is that they hurt when you get hit by them. And that's why I'm going to Games Day.

Im going and can't wait; especially if there are copies of A First Heretic up for grabs! Going to be a great day. Insane i recomend bringing your own lunch as the queues and prices(more so) can be horrendous.

Yes just thinking about bring my own food. Ask over on warseer & they filled me in, just I need to watch what food I eat other wise I can get really unwell & with a 8 hour bus trip I think that the last thing anyone needs.........saying this a few people are going out for a Curry on the Sat night just before we go on the store bus down to Games Day..... :)

Not allergic, just some foods do set me off :sick: So last thing I want when I am 8 hour away from home.

Just wanted to know what it was like, but as said got a lot of the answer from Warseer & they cost a fair bit as you said there Calgar101. I'll be getting stuff on the stops when going back home anyway so should be ok.

Can't belive Games Day so near, for me I pretty much got today as so far it look like

Be that my local GW for 11.30pm tomorrow night

Bus leave around 12am

Get to Games Day around 7am to 8am Sunday moring??

Wait in the line, moan that it to earily in the moring :D & who ever heard of a 7am on a Sunday moring!! :lol: in fact any am in general on a Sunday.

Entery models, talk to people I know from Nottingham, get codex Space Wolves sign

10am Go to the Black Library since all FW stuff been place/order last few weeks. Rest time just walking around, see my gaming club & how there gaming table doing. Spend a fair bit of time with the Dark Eldar models.

Pick up FW order

4.30pm/after Games Day get bus back home & arrive back in Scotland by 12am.

If last year was anything to go by, had 8 hour worth of sleep from Sat moring through to Mon night. But was good last year enjoy last year Games Day.

So what is everone planning on buying that Games Day?? So far I set on - Garro : Oath of Moment, First Heretic, Bloodline x2 (one for me, another for a friend), Badab War book from FW (as said I got 8 hour back home), 2x Raven Guard Captain for some conversion, Raven Guard pack, Space Marine conversion pack, Nurgle Dreadnought for my friend.

Then ether pick up a few things to finish my Space Wolves or some of the new FW Space Marine amour, see what money is like tonight.

Saying this, I should really get back to painting my entrys. Only started them on Mon.

IP

@ Insane i'd hate to be stcuk on a bus for 16 hours in total... jeez. Their food is quite nice but expensive.

The only things i really want to get at GD is First Heretic and one of those 'lucky dip' boxes, seeing as i use the web to buy things these days i hardly buy much at GD however i may be tempted to buy a thundefire or 2 or a 3rd Baneblade; im undecided. My plan is as follows;

Leave with my fellow club members at 6am to Hereford for 7am get the Hereford bus to GD and have fun!!

@ Insane i'd hate to be stcuk on a bus for 16 hours in total... jeez. Their food is quite nice but expensive.

It alright because everone in my local GW store are good people & we all get along. I think 2007 been the worst time just more down to one idiot, but there a reason why he ban from both store & attending Games Day with us, just some people sadly have to be born as idiots or they that least pick it up on the way.

But as said 08 & 09 been good & everone get along or that least we tolerate each other :lol:

But if it anything like last two year (08/09), you rarely felt it was 8 hour. Just seem to be we left, before you knew it we where there. But that least it not as bad as Aberdeen who have to leave around 10pm I belive, from what I rememeber when talking to some of there lot.

So it all good. Also why I am also pick up a fair few books that Games Day ;)

IP

Ahh idiots on a bus(especially one thats on a long distance) never is good, you should have locked them in the luggage comparments :lol: Fortunately the guys from my club are great but i dont know the Hereford lot but they wer good last time.

Ouch! I couldn't stand the journey time i'd have gone insane.

However it is worth it though, especially if you get what you go for.

Idiots do spoil it for all knowing from experience. But I can understand the pain of long bus journeys. I once went to Romania with a volunteers group and it took us 2 days solid (with an overnight stop) to get there from deepest darkest Wales. So my journey with Swansea GW will be like a little commute for me. :lol:

AD-B, I really need to borrow that techmarine to keep my friends in line...

Cambrius

Here some WIP photos (back from July) of my entry in the event anyone want to look it out ^_^

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/DSC07493.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/DSC07494.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/DSC07495.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/DSC07496.jpg

Change my entry for Single & units, instead of Legion of the Damned & a Blood Angels chaplain. Be useing a unit of Grey Hunter from my Wolves force, as well as a Wolf Guard for single. Just look out for dark grey & bluish viking runes. Just wanted to see how they turn out in Games Day & like wise mean less to paint now :D also there nicely converted :D

Topic is around on these fourms.

However it is worth it though, especially if you get what you go for.

End of the day, it more you get what you put into the event in my view. Last year I enjoy it because I was going down by my local GW with friends. I got to met up with people in the GW store I use to work in & also got to met with friends from Nottingham I met through the UKGT (or Throne of Skulls).

Bit like going to see a movie, you get what you put in really.

IP

I'll be going with my girlfriend (Necrons/Daemons player) and my band's guitarist (Tau player). It's my first GD so I'm really looking forward to it, although worried about getting lost under a pile of screaming children and their bored parents! Anyone know how to avoid such a fate or is it inevitable at this sort of event? ^_^

I'll be going with my girlfriend (Necrons/Daemons player) and my band's guitarist (Tau player). It's my first GD so I'm really looking forward to it, although worried about getting lost under a pile of screaming children and their bored parents! Anyone know how to avoid such a fate or is it inevitable at this sort of event? ^_^

The Comissars (myself included... ^_^ ) will be doing our best in order to maintain discipline.

Archived