Games Day UK 2010

Iron-Daemon Forge

Well Games Trip sort of started for me

6.30am wake up due to family memeber putting the heatings a bit to high :D

10am to 2.30pm in GW to relax, talk to friends, show off my Games Day entrys.

Now home, need to tide up some of the entrys, get clean up myself, food, pack & then by 10pm-ish go to my GW store for the bus down.

IP

Indeed we both begin our journeys to GD. I must now get on 2 buses to head southwards to get to Swansea and thus beyond tomorrow morning. See you all there! Look out for a black hoody wearing gent that has a red dragon on the back saying "Aberystwyth University Paintball Club." :D

Onwards!

Cambrius

Yep hope everone enjoy tomorrow.

10 hour awake so far, I will not get much sleep on the bus. Found out got some extra money so happy, might fit in the Librarian Forge World sell :)

Better get those finial painting done on my duly.

IP

Anybody as jealous (angry) as me for not being able to buy all the pre-release Black Library stuff like the Garro audio book or The First Heretic? Grrrrr...

I should have booked my flight to brimingham for last thursday, not this thursday... why didn't anybody tell me GamesDay would be this weekend a few months back when I was paying for my ticket huuuuh? :-D

PS Unfair :-(

Have slow recover.............

As Philbrad said, there was a bit of a problem.

Basicly those who place a order went to a area to pick it up. For me, I waited about a hour, then handed over my code no worries I exspect this with FW being a busy stand. Bring box over, they check it. I then get told I need to go to the other hordes of people to pay. On top this, it not when they past your box, it when they shout out your name. This took me another hour & a half. So in total I waited two & a half hours which was over the top.

I feel really sorry for the staff memeber who where man the stand as they all look stress out & it was unfair they got a lot of abuse. End of the day it was poorly planned, a lot of people & staff memeber said this. It should have been more like Black Library.

I bought FW stuff this year due to some the nice new kits & having a tournament soon, so could not wait for after GD. But I think when I go to Games Day I will not place any order for pick up, be more if it quite I will go & buy the things I need. But never ever going through that again. I mean nothing bad toward FW or anyone that GD, just mere mean that it could have been better set up/planned out which I hope will happen next year....as it was pretty bad being next to a few people who have never heard of a bath for those hours.

Also I have SPD, semantic pragmatic disorder, a fourm of deslxyia & asperger among other things, so just I do not get on well in crowed area, people give you no personial space, a lot of the custoumer being rude by not letting me out despit me saying excuse me four time & overall people getting a bit moody toward the staff.

But I do want to say the staff that the FW stand where working very hard & would like to thank them for there time.

Games Day is a 6 hour event, like I said I waited for 2 & a half hours. So ended up rush about try to fit everthing else in.

Apart from the above & some werido's give me & my friend some abuse for nothing. Games Day was good.

I got to met a lot of people I not seen in agies, got to talk to some of our hobby great celebertise as it where getting great advice, shown them some of the models I done with some brillaint feedback & comments on my work.

Just felt a bit rush due to the above.

But will happily go again.

Really gutted I never got to get in & see the Dark Eldar display. Only got a few bits, but to many people, even when walking past I had to shout excuse me very loud & still people not move out of the way to let other through.

But from what I seen on the fourm, Dark Eldar are brillaint, I will be collecting a army as soon as they are release, cool models always win out.

IP

Damm Insane you had an extra 1/2 hour on me and my mates wait.

We waited 2 hours just to get to the front and hand over our order Numbers........2 Hours we were not happy. One of the guys who was almost at the front of the cue after 1 1/2 hours had to get out to go to the Black Libary Semiar. The Poor guy who got mine and my mates wrath really did his best to apoligise and at the time I wasn't in the mood. Found him later and apoligised for the way we were earlier and he completly understood.

Other than that I had a great time really enjoyed the games (Top Grot was the highlight). The New Dark Eldar range is really nice (with the exception of the new Raiders & I've been warned by a friend that there are a tone of Essex Boy referances in the new Dex but thats what happens when the Codex Team was Phil Kelly & Jes Godwin).

Some of the Stuff Forge World gots comming out over the next year is looking great, including a Lot of Eldar stuff (IA Vol. 11). Liked the look of the Land Boat for Warhammer & some deamon stuff.

Edit by Insane Psychopath - Watch the launge there

We waited 2 hours just to get to the front and hand over our order Numbers........2 Hours we were not happy. One of the guys who was almost at the front of the cue after 1 1/2 hours had to get out to go to the Black Libary Semiar. The Poor guy who got mine and my mates wrath really did his best to apoligise and at the time I wasn't in the mood. Found him later and apoligised for the way we were earlier and he completly understood.

Edit by Insane Psychopath - Watch the launge there

I joined the queue at 2pm for my pre-ordered IA9 books and completed the transaction in 40 mins!! One of the guys from our group waited 4 hours for his order!

We were running Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising tournaments on the day, did any of you come by our stand to have a look or enter the tournament? We had a great day and there's pics up on our Flickr page here including pics of the Ork and Space Marine! :o

You can also check out our event round-up of the day over on our blog here.

Archived