Call of Chaos MKIV

icon5.gif Call of Chaos IV icon5.gif

Traitors to the Imperium, Hear the Call of Chaos!
Those of you having problems painting your forces, now is the time to act.

This is the perfect opportunity for you to get those unpainted minis under the paintbrush!

Mission Statement

To assist players in the building, converting and painting of their army. By using open project threads, each player will be able to inspire other players with what they are doing, and at the same time receive feedback on the progress of their army. Each player is encouraged to provide constructive feedback to her/his fellow participants throughout the Call.

Call of Chaos Requirements

1. Your army must be a supported Chaos faction on the B&C (E.g. Power-Armored and/or under an Existing Sub-Forum). e.g. Codex: Daemons is allowed.
2. The Call will last for 3 months only. Please be aware of this when entering what you will paint.
3. You are allowed to submit between 2 to 5 items; no more, no less. An item is defined as: a single character/squad/vehicle from your relevant codex.
4. You are expected to submit a minimum of 2 updates in this thread, per month, for the duration of the call. There will be consequences if this is not followed. Making an update here is quite easy, you simply post a reply in this thread with a link to the relevant updates in your WIP thread.

To make it easier on the event organisers, please post your updates in your WIP thread using the following format.
[i]Gods of Chaos hear my call!

I <Your name> hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present <amount> <units/models> of <Your army> before July 30, 2010.
I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month.

You can follow my progress here: <link to your WIP project thread> <see below>
-<Your name>[/i]

Optional: The link to your project thread can also be added later by sending a PM to Brother Nihm.

Although the Call will only last for 3 months, we do expect that there will be some that have to pull out due to real-life issues coming up. Should you feel that you need to pull out, please let us know and we'll remove you from the Participant listing and list you as a 'Fallen in Battle'. The other way to be removed from the call is by not complying to the 2 updates per month criteria. This is not a 'big thing to ask' and failure to comply with this will result in your immediate removal from the participant list and placed into the MIA/Excommunicated list. Please note that being placed there may prevent you from joining future Calls.

The plan is to start out with 50 slots available for sign-up, adding 25 more if we garner enough interest.
Should places become free via the above two listed methods, you can try to sneak into the Call, but keep in mind, it's first in best dressed, and you may need to work twice as hard based on how much time is remaining.

Call Duration and target dates

Sign-up will commence on the 22nd of April, 2010 and will close April 30, 2010. You are welcome to use this time to plan, assemble and prime models that you have entered into the Call.
On the 30th, the Call will formally begin and will last until July 30, 2010. During that time, your progress will be closely monitored.

Depending on the success of the Call and the involvement of everyone there will be token prizes.
So without further ado,

Glory to Chaos Eternal, now who's with me?

++ Call of Chaos FAQ ++

Question: What are items? You say it's a squad/character/vehicle from the codex. Could this be clarified?
Answer: Essentially, an item is: A single HQ choice, a single Vehicle/Walker, a Vehicle Squadron, a Jump/Infantry Squad, a Monstrous Creature. Note that there can be overlaps, e.g. (a Daemon Prince is both a MC and a HQ choice, in this case it will still count as 1 item).

Question: Why are we using "items" and not points now?
Answer: We feel by using items, each individual's entry is stream-lined and equal to everyone elses. We also noticed in the past, individuals that posted some of these large 1500+ pts armies, a very small number saw completion. Remember, the main mission of the Call is to aid everyone in creating and painting their army to completion.

Question: Can I join both Calls at once?
Answer: Yes, you can. However we do recommend you don't overload yourself greatly as we would like to see everyone complete what they set out to do without 'burning out' in the process.

Question: I'm a fairly new member, so I haven't seen anything about a Mk I or II of the Calls, what exactly are they?
Answer: The Calls are a special project that we hold to basically act as a forum-wide motivational painting blog. We understand that picking up the brush and painting a mini, although sounds easy in theory, is not always the case in practice. By holding the Calls, we hope that those who feel they require more motivation to paint will join in and with their fellow frater will be encouraged and encourage others to really sit down and paint the minis they have been wanting to paint for a while (who said friendly competition was a bad thing? :)).

Question: In past PC&A "competitions" we have been able to create our own personal WIP thread. Can we still do this, or are we required to do all posts within the main Call thread?
Answer: You are to create your own WIP thread ("older" members, may already have WIP threads floating about). However, it is still expected that you post your minimum monthly updates within them AND link to them here in this thread throughout the Call.

Question: I don't have much that needs to be painted from scratch, but I do have a lot of old stuff I haven't touched in a while that needs to be finished, updated, or repainted. Would such be appropriate for the call, or is the call strictly for new units only?
Answer: That depends entirely on their current state. Usually basecoated models are as far as we'll allow, as well as assembled/paint-stripped models. So in a sense they don't have to be 'new'.

Question: Are drop pods allowed? Bought 3 of them as I've toyed with the idea of using my black legion with the space wolves codex.
Answer: If they look like a Chaos faction they are allowed in the Call.

Question: What if we use a different codex yet nonetheless use it to represent Chaos models? For example Codex: Space Marines in order to represent the Alpha Legion.
Answer: As above, if they look like a Chaos faction they are allowed in the Call.

If you have any further questions, please send me a PM.

Participant list

01. yergerjo - Thousand Sons (3)
02. Seregon - Night Lords (2)
03. Brother Nihm - Night Lords (3)
04. Insane Psychopath - World Eaters (5)
05. Eetion - Thousand Sons (4)
06. Cornelias - Black Legion (2)
07. Wagner - Ludvig's Warhost - Slaanesh (2)
08. starhawks - Warp Hawks - Renegades (2)
09. Dan the Deamon - Alpha Legion (3)
10. HooY - Maggot Feeders - Nurgle (5)
11. [WarInHeaven - Iron Warriors (4)
12. Grimgorn - Word Bearers (5)
13. The Prophet - Word Bearers (2)
14. RazakelXIII - Word Bearers (5)
15. Bodacious2182 - World Eaters (4)
16. smelly_squig - Dark Mechanicus (3) Note: uses this thread as WIP-thread.
17. RagingGriffon - Dynasty of Blood - Khorne (5)
18. Ntin - Chaos Daemons (5)
19. Nephren-ka - Night Lords (5)
20. lord gunthar - Black Legion (2)
21. Ail'Slath'Sleresh - Chaod Daemons (5)
22. Brother RedAxe - The Chained Brethren (2)
23. sword brethren - Iron Warriors (2)
24. Kythnos - Iron Warriors (3)
25. Lord Crow - Red Corsairs (4)
26. Requiemnex - Iron Warriors (4)
27. ichabad13 - Black Legion (3)
28. Chaplain Entropus - Dragons of Bronze (2)
29. Hellios - World Eaters (2)
30. Chapter Master Dave - Khorne (4)
31. Warcrier - Alpha Legion (3)
32. Loken86 - Night Lords (5)
33. Skidion - Brotherhood of Calamity (3)
34. Ju'kosian - Chaos (3)
35. Goldo_Funk - Iron Warriors (4)
36. Roobot_Shepard - Dragon Warriors (5)
37. Goldenwonder - Black Legion (4)[/s] Note: is using this thread as WIP-thread.
38. Rottenlad - Nurgle (4)
39. firestorm40k - Legion of Taurus (2)
40. lord_alchemist - Slaanesh (3)
41. Warsmith Morenze - Iron Warriors (4)
42. Vlâdvar The Destroyer - Iron Warriors (2)
43. Plague Dave - Death Guard (3)
44. Sgt. Blank - Oracles of Change (3)
45. Dark Mechanicum - Night Lords (2)
46. BrokenGlytch - Cult of Flesh (5)
47. Crusader169 - Abbadons Wrath (4)
48. A D-B - Black Legion (2)
49. Iacton Qruze - World Eaters (2)
50. Rorschach - Iron Warriors (4)

51. Gresiloth - Death Guard (2)
52. medusa_ritchie - Black Legion (2)
53. Piousservant - Khorne Daemons (5)
54. SirTainly - Black Legion (5)
55. Ashe Darke - Night Lords (2)
56. Support By Fire - Chaos Daemons (3)
57. Neigorath - Black Legion (3)
58. Black Shuck - Slaanesh Renegades (2)
59. mikekhorne - Chaos Daemons (?) Note: was using main-thread as WIP thread.

Tzeentch hear my call!

I <yergerjo> hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present <3> <units> of <Thousand Sons> before July 30, 2010.

-<yergerjo>

Terror that be, hear my call!

I <Seregon> hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to the destruction of the Imperium of Mankind.

I swear to you that I will paint and present <2> <units> of <Heresy-style Night Lords> before July 30, 2010.

You may follow the progress of the Pavor Nocturnus here

- <Seregon>

Gods of Chaos hear my call!

I Brother Nihm hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 3 units of Night Lords before July 30, 2010.

-Brother Nihm

I Insane Psychopath hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal. I swear to you that I will paint and present five item being

- Two unit of Khorne Bezerker, one being 8 strong, the other being 7 strong

- One unit of four Terminators

- Khârn

- Rhino

Of Khorne Bezerker (world eater) army before July 30, 2010. I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month.You can follow my progress here: A call for BLOOD!!! topic.

Insane Psychopath

Hello all.

A Challenge has been made. And Eetion will answer.

Gods of Chaos hear my call!I Eetion hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.I swear to you that I will paint and present 2 Squads of Thousand Sons, 1 Predator, 1 Sorceror Lord of Thousand Sons before July 30, 2010.I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month.You can follow my progress here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=0?do=findComment&comment=2373170

Q: I don't have much that needs to be painted from scratch, but I do have a lot of old stuff I haven't touched in a while that needs to be finished, updated, or repainted. Would such be appropriate for the call, or is the call strictly for new units only?

Q: I don't have much that needs to be painted from scratch, but I do have a lot of old stuff I haven't touched in a while that needs to be finished, updated, or repainted. Would such be appropriate for the call, or is the call strictly for new units only?
That depends entirely on their current state. Usually basecoated models are as far as we'll allow, as well as assembled but paint-stripped models. So in a sense they don't have to be 'new'.

I Cornelias hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 1 unit of Khorne Possessed black legion & 1 chaos rhino before July 30, 2010.

you can follow my progress here Possessed WIP

Cornelias

strange choice i know but it's more a modeling project that a serious gaming one, had some cool conversion idea's kicking about in my head for a while :)

I Wagner hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present one unit of 9 thousand sons for tzeentch, unit of 8 chosen for khorne, one defiler, daemon prince and Lucius the Eternal for slanesh of Ludvigs warhost before July 30, 2010.

You can follow my progress here: Ludvigs Warhost

Cheers,

Wagner.

Gods of Chaos hear my call! I Starhawks, hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal. I swear to you that I will paint and present 10 warriors and a dreadnought of the warp hawks legion before July 30, 2010. I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month. for the glory of chaos!

I Dan the Deamon hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present

7 havocs of the Alpha Legion

1 chaos dreadnaught

1 chaos predator

before July 30, 2010.

You can follow my progress here: Night Lords 18th Battle Co.

Dan the Deamon

I HooY hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 1 rhino conevrsion on predator, 2 units of plague marines, terminator conversion on Typhus and Daemon Prince conversion of Maggot Feeders (Nurgle) before July 30, 2010.

You can follow my progress here: Maggot Feeders

HooY

I WarInHeaven hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 1 unit of Iron Warrior Chosen and Lord Warsmith & 2 oblitorator squads before July 30, 2010.

WarInHeaven

I Grimgorn hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present 10 man CSM w/ Rhino, 3 units of Lesser Demons, and 1 Dreadnought of Word Bearers before July 30, 2010.

You can follow my progress here: http://ahostofwordbearers.blogspot.com/

Grimgorn

I, The Prophet, hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present two Rhinos of the Word Bearers Legion before July 30, 2010.

You can follow my progress here: Word Bearer Rhinos

- The Prophet

Going all out this time around. :P

I, RazakelXIII, hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Father Lorgar and Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will paint and present

1 Greater Brass Scorpion of Khorne

1 Greater Daemon of Nurgle

12 Raptors

12 Havocs

and 1 Chaos Lord

for the thrice-blessed XIII Warhost of the glorious Word Bearers Legion, before July 30, 2010.

You can follow my progress here: Raz's Word Bearers Army Blog

-RazakelXIII

I Bodacious hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Khorne Eternal. I swear to you that I will paint and present 4 items being

- One unit of Khorne Berzerkers

- One unit of Khorne Terminators

- A Defiler

- A World Eaters Dreadnaught

Of my World Eater army before July 30, 2010. I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month.You can follow my progress here: Bodacious' World Eaters war band

what good timing im just about to add some more stuff to my mechanicus

I smelly_squig hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.

I swear to you that I will build, paint and present 3 units of dark mechanicus (3 praetorians, 5 drop troops and a secutor)before July 30, 2010.

-smelly_squig

Gods of Chaos hear my call! I Raging Griffon hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Khorne, The Blood God!

I swear to you that I will paint and present:

- One Defiler

- One Khorne Land Raider

- One Squad of Bezerkers

- One Daemon Prince

- One Khorne Lord

All members of the Dynasty of Blood before July 30, 2010.

I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month. You can follow my progress here: Dynasty of Blood WIP

//signed

RagingGriffon

Gods of Chaos hear my call! I ntin hereby pledge my soul, my allegiance and that of my troops', to Chaos Eternal.I swear to you that I will paint and present 64 daemonettes of Chaos Daemons before July 30, 2010. I also promise to provide a project update, at least twice per month. You can follow my progress here: <will make when I have something to put up>

Archived