Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kythnos' Iron Warriors

Iron Warriors WIP Chaos Space Marines BFG

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,544 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
The Adamantine Talon?
  • Kythnos likes this

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts
  • Faction: Stonebreakers

not got any cool names at the moment but that's a great finish you have there, something the be proud of. I love the capering nurglings and the colours work really well, good job. 

Thanks mate! Now it's time to get the bad boy on the battlefield devil.gif

The Adamantine Talon?

Thanks for the input! It does sound a bit imperial though. If we go from Talon, however, there are a few options: Dread Talon, Iron Talon, Vengeful Talon, Talon of Agony... so many options blink.png

Mechanist

Mechanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts

Quite like 'The talon of Agony'. 

My plog With my latest creations and part projects

http://www.bolterand...change-painting

For more detailed waffle on anything I'm working on why not check out my blog at 

http://paintstationf...blogspot.co.uk/
ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpg

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,544 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
I'd love wary of having everything become the Iron Something

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts

I'd love wary of having everything become the Iron Something

Yup, I agree there. Reminds me too much of the Blood Angels' naming rules for their equipment :D

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts

So I've been away from this blog for a while but that does not mean I have not painted up a few units :)

Rapier weapon servitors:

IMG-20170130-WA0002.rsz.jpg

Forgefiend:

IMG_20190209_090445.rsz.jpg

Counts-as Spawn and mutants:

Gelleropx.jpg

I still have some mutants and militia miniatures waiting to be painted and then there's the shadow spear box that sounds promising, including Abaddon. Maybe the Despoiler will call for the service of the Stonebreakers soon ;-)

• firestorm40k and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,732 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Great job on the servitors and the Daemon engine. Are their bases' textured gray surface meant to represent volcanic ash?
  • Kythnos likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts
It's an idea that has never occured to me, to be honest. I always meant for it to be a cheap and easy way to fit into city fights with dust and rubble everywhere. But you have given me an idea... :D

Guzzlrr

Guzzlrr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 101 posts
  • Faction: 40k Chaos.

Looking Good My dude! Loving that knight as well Great use of the Brass etchings!

Iron Within ! Iron Without Brother!

• Kythnos likes this

Iron Within ! Iron Without!

My WIP Check it out.

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts

Looking Good My dude! Loving that knight as well Great use of the Brass etchings!

Iron Within ! Iron Without Brother!

Thank you for the kind words, brother. Iron Within1 iron Without!

• Guzzlrr likes this

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts
It's ETL time again. With two kids time will be a lot more scarce than in the past, but I commited to two Obliterators for a start. I won't be able to start with them before mid-July, due to being abroad, though.

However, I was able to put on the last details on a model I had already sitting on my desk:
gallery_43993_7905_994308.jpeg

Iron Within! Iron Without!
  • Bjorn Firewalker likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,732 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the Contemptor, but why give him twin heavy bolters instead of more powerful, longer ranged twin autocannons to match what's mounted on his left arm?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts
Well, it's what he was armed with when I got him on eBay. Since the weapons are magnetized I will definitely add more potent weaponry at some point. If anyone wants to part with Contemptor weaponry let me know ;-)

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
Cool stuff! I like the colors on the contemptor in particular, striking!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron Warriors, WIP, Chaos Space Marines, BFG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users