Kythnos' Iron Warriors

Kythnos

not got any cool names at the moment but that's a great finish you have there, something the be proud of. I love the capering nurglings and the colours work really well, good job. 

Thanks mate! Now it's time to get the bad boy on the battlefield :devil:

The Adamantine Talon?

Thanks for the input! It does sound a bit imperial though. If we go from Talon, however, there are a few options: Dread Talon, Iron Talon, Vengeful Talon, Talon of Agony... so many options :blink.:

• 2 years later...

So I've been away from this blog for a while but that does not mean I have not painted up a few units :)

Rapier weapon servitors:

IMG-20170130-WA0002.rsz.jpg

Forgefiend:

IMG_20190209_090445.rsz.jpg

Counts-as Spawn and mutants:

Gelleropx.jpg

I still have some mutants and militia miniatures waiting to be painted and then there's the shadow spear box that sounds promising, including Abaddon. Maybe the Despoiler will call for the service of the Stonebreakers soon ;-)

It's an idea that has never occured to me, to be honest. I always meant for it to be a cheap and easy way to fit into city fights with dust and rubble everywhere. But you have given me an idea... :D

• 3 months later...

It's ETL time again. With two kids time will be a lot more scarce than in the past, but I commited to two Obliterators for a start. I won't be able to start with them before mid-July, due to being abroad, though.

However, I was able to put on the last details on a model I had already sitting on my desk:

gallery_43993_7905_994308.jpeg

Iron Within! Iron Without!

Well, it's what he was armed with when I got him on eBay. Since the weapons are magnetized I will definitely add more potent weaponry at some point. If anyone wants to part with Contemptor weaponry let me know ;-)

• 1 month later...

Well, the new colours for my ETL vow have still not arrived, so I used the time for building 30 of the new CSM. I mixed Shadowspear parts with the regular CSM kit and am pleased with the results.

gallery_43993_7905_1878.jpeg

And so the updating of my warband to the new models progresses, albeit slowly.

• 2 weeks later...

ETL Vow 1 is done!

gallery_43993_7905_753535.jpeg

I had a bit of unexpected work after using my new bottle of Nuln Oil and checking back after a while. The whole second Obliterator looked glossy. Apparently there is Nuln Oil Gloss now - who thought keeping the name but changing the product was a good idea?

Time for another round:

gallery_43993_7905_107529.jpg

I had a bit of unexpected work after using my new bottle of Nuln Oil and checking back after a while. The whole second Obliterator looked glossy. Apparently there is Nuln Oil Gloss now - who thought keeping the name but changing the product was a good idea?

It's not the same name. It's labelled as "Nuln Oil Gloss", which, while similar is a distinct name ;)

(note: the Gloss versions of the three shades that have them are good for shading models but not making them darker. For example, Reikland Fleshshade Gloss is AMAZING for Custodes)

However, the Obliterators look good :tu:

It's not the same name. It's labelled as "Nuln Oil Gloss", which, while similar is a distinct name ;)

While that is true, it is still misleading if you are just buying paints quickly and don't know that there are two versions of Nuln Oil now. I just skipped "Gloss" in the name, since it appears one line below "Nuln Oil".

• 2 weeks later...