Kythnos' Iron Warriors

Kythnos

Your models are well done, but you should photogragh dark-colored models against a light-colored background, and vice versa, so the contrast will force a viewer to focus on the subject (the models).

Thank you. You are indeed right about the background. But the photos were taken by the painter, nothing I could do about that. And without a photo box, this is still better than what I could manage :D

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another addition to the Stonebreakers warband - my second Venomcrawler, which I tried to convert slightly by changing the posing of the legs and claws. Though the picture doesn't show that very much. Nevertheless, this has been a productive year so far!

IMG_20220131_000035.rsz.jpg

• 7 months later...

Finally got some more work done over the last weeks. Having stumbled into starting a sake import business with a buddy did not help my time budget. But we are slowly getting more structure into the business, so some painting time is back.

Another group of cultists is the first finished thing:

And I stated working on these plague zombies to use as Accursed Cultists:

Fingers crossed for getting these done rather quickly. There are some more power armoured models waiting for me :sweat:

• 3 weeks later...

The Accursed Cultists are done! The Torments are represented by the hulking brutes from the Gellerpox Infected set. Together they represent the unfortunate souls, whose toil in the daemon engine forges of my warband has wrecked their bodies with daemonic energies. Now, their last use is that of cannon fodder for the forces of the Stonebreakers, while new slave workers have been assigned to their previous duties.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 4:01 PM, Kythnos said:

The Accursed Cultists are done! The Torments are represented by the hulking brutes from the Gellerpox Infected set. Together they represent the unfortunate souls, whose toil in the daemon engine forges of my warband has wrecked their bodies with daemonic energies. Now, their last use is that of cannon fodder for the forces of the Stonebreakers, while new slave workers have been assigned to their previous duties.

Your work is incredible - I’m not sure how I haven’t seen this stuff yet. Time to go through all the pages haha.

On 10/17/2022 at 12:40 PM, madlibrarian said:

Your work is incredible - I’m not sure how I haven’t seen this stuff yet. Time to go through all the pages haha.

Thanks, I am happy to hear that! Enjoy your stroll through the older pages :smile:

I also started working on my Chosen squad. While the original models are quite nice, I want them to feel a bit more like Iron Warriors. To this end I am using the new HH Iron Warriors heads and some 3d printed weapons. 

Still early stages but let me know what you think.

received_1309343219606549.jpeg

received_3348477028715621.jpeg