Kythnos' Iron Warriors

Kythnos

• 4 weeks later...

+++ ETL Update +++

I'm finally reaching the final stages of painting Be'Lakor. Just a few details to pick out, corrections to make and to finish the base and he's done. Afterwards there's only the Raptors left to finish for the ETL. It's not a big contribution for the chaos forces, but it'll surely help our cause to win this year's ETL :)

gallery_43993_7905_63075.jpg

• 1 month later...

+++ ETL Update +++

I'm finally done with my vow - yay! Those pesky Raptors were getting a bit annoying with all of their trim and spikes and everything, but it was worth it in the end. Very pleased with the end result on all pledged models. I hope you guys like them too! I'm not sure yet, whether I might be able to sneak in another character as a second vow, but considering my painting speed so far 'safety first' might be the best guideline here :biggrin.:

Anyway, here come the pictures of the finished vow:

gallery_43993_7905_107711.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_35558.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_70000.jpg

And the whole gang together:

gallery_43993_7905_35545.jpg

Iron Within! Iron Without! (there really should be an Iron Warriors emblem available as an icon)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

the ETL is over and the Stonebreakers played a small part in the victory of the chaos subforums - yay!

But it's not a time to let the creative flow stop, so I'm working on some conversions for further additions to my warband. Today I'd like to introduce you to the Forgebrutes (counts as Chaos Spawn), hulking slaves of my Warpsmiths that are tasked with controlling the various deamon machines and Hellbrutes while they're abord the warband's ships. It's a brutal and thankless task that needs a special breed of creature to fulfill (and a lot of drugging to keep them going) and often results in pretty unpleasant dismembering. But the Forgebrutes are not created to object, so very rarely do they disobey. Those that do, however, will find themselves on the battlefield, where they are drugged one last time into insane heights of aggression to serve as a shock unit that is sent into the enemy's lines, while the main fighting units take advantage of the resulting confusion.

I hope the models look the part :)

gallery_43993_7905_104142.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_114505.jpg

I'm also working on some counts-as Plague Bearers and Khorne dogs, as well as a unit of Berzerkers riding on Juggernauts for :cusss and giggles. Steel need to work on a dataslate for them for my local group though.

Well, that's it for now. Comments and ideas are always very welcome! :)

The Forgebrutes are done! :)

I was able to finish them a lot faster than expected (took me only one evening, really), so I'll move on to my unit of Berzerkers on Juggernaughts of Khorne - that's going to be fun! But for now, I'll leave you with pictures of the finished Forgebrutes - Hulk Smash! :devil:

gallery_43993_7905_11873.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_9278.jpg

Thanks guys! Your compliments are a great motivation to keep converting and painting my models :)

Next week will be the final of my gaming group's small campaign. Maybe I'll have the chance to take some in-battle shots of some of my models. Or a whole army shot while the gaming table is set up anyway. I haven't seen the whole whole army together in a while, as it's stored away in different boxes and on different shelves.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I decided to make a unit of Berzerkers on Juggernauts of Khorne my next project (heck if they don't have any rules - the concept is awesome!). They'll be joining the assault elements of my Iron Warriors force to take quick advantage of weak points in the defence perimeters of my enemies. The Juggernauts are from the Skullcrushers-box, while the riders are a mix of various kits. In addition, I bought a cheap jewellers chain for one € or so, to give the riders chains to controll the Juggers. The first model is basically done, apart from adding blood effects and doing the base, while the remaining two models are still in the early painting stages.

gallery_43993_7905_65427.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_55649.jpg

How do you guys like them? :smile.:

Edited by Kythnos

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

does anyone remember the miniature below? It's Harry the Hammer from the 25th anniversary of Warhammer Fantasy, whom I found between some other bits and pieces while digging through some older stuff. While wondering what to do with him, I suddenly thought that he might be a really nice counts as version of Kh Edited by Kythnos

I think that's a great idea! Add plenty of M41 gubbins to make sure you cement him in that era.

Thanks, I'll definitely do that! Backpack, grenades, marine helmet on his base... that kind of stuff :biggrin.:

Everything in the thread is brilliant, but especially the Forgebrutes - what on Earth did you use for the bese models? A part of me things the bearers from the WHFB chaos throne or perhaps Rat Ogres, but probably not.

You're actually completely right! They're based on the WHF Rat Ogres from the starter set with added mutations, cables and armour. And to add to your great deduction, I'm actually planning to use the bearers from the Chaos Shrine kit for the next two Forgebrutes :smile.:

Edited by Kythnos

As promised, here are two pictures that show the unit of Berzerkers on Juggernauts of Khorne better than the one before:

gallery_43993_7905_67696.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_91114.jpg

They're going to be a shock assault unit, that'll attack weak spots in my warband's enemy's defense systems, so that the infantery units can more easily overcome the disarrayed defenders and fortify the conquered positions. I also finished my counts as Kh

I promised counts as Plaguebearers, now it's about time I deliver them:

gallery_43993_7905_110761.jpg

These are my Forge Minions, who will be played by using the rules for Plaguebearers or Plaguezombies. They're cultists and slaves who, by being constantly exposed to the energies of the warp in my warband's daemon forge, have degenerated and mutated into the feral beasts that they are now. However, the ones that survived have also developed stronger resistances to injuries (FnP or 5++ ward save), radiation and other harmful influences, so they're sometimes herded together and sent to the battlefield as bullet sponges and distraction units, so the Chaos Marines have an easier time to achieve their objectives.

Having finished these guys, it's time for some WIP pictures of my next projects. First up is my counts as Typhus (who might very well lead the Forge Minions into battle):

gallery_43993_7905_15929.jpg

His arms still need some work, but I'm waiting for some TDA GK arms, that weild two-handed weapons, so I don't have to come up with a fitting second hand, if he's weilding his huge weapon with a single hand ^^"

Next up is a Khorne Lord on Juggernaut, who's going to lead the unit of Berzerkers on Juggernauts that I just finished last week:

gallery_43993_7905_42586.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_84038.jpg

What do you guys think? Any ideas or comments? Both models are still very much WIP, so I can still change more or less everything, if you you've got an awesome thought to improve them (and I'm pretty sure there's a lot to be improved xD).

• 4 weeks later...

While I haven't taken any pictures of the now finished Khorne Lord (I'll do that in the next post - promised!), the Stonebreakers have joined the new Call of Chaos:

I, Kythnos, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete:

• 1 Chaos Rhino with Havoc Launcher
  • 1 Helbrute with Lascannon and Missile Launcher
  • 1 Helbrute with Power Scourge and Power Fist with Heavy Flamer
  • 1 Typhus (Counts As)
  • 10 Fleshhounds (Counts As)

I will complete these units before January 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Pustulant Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul! My dark deeds shall be recorded here.

Iron Within! Iron Without!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297974-call-of-chaos-vii/page-5?do=findComment&comment=3837144

Expect some activity in this thread in the coming months ;-)

Update time!

The Lord on Juggernaut is finally finished, as well as one of the beautiful metal Demon Prince models. I had a great time painting them and I think it shows. Hopefully you'll like them as well :)

gallery_43993_7905_13062.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_69889.jpg

gallery_43993_7905_2095.jpg

And now that the Call of Chaos has started, I also took the time to make a picture of my vow, mentioned in the posting above:

gallery_43993_7905_69954.jpg