Call of Chaos MKIV - Cult of Flesh WIP Thread

December Update #1

This has been a hell of a month, but I'm not giving up. I've done a little work on the Defiler as the time has been available since it was a rebuild job, but I like where it's going so far. Unfortunately, I need to get some sleep now and try to get some paint on something before returning to work again today...

And now, the pictures...

gallery_53700_4877_648605.jpg

gallery_53700_4877_500175.jpg

December Update #2...PAINT

Did some painting before I had to go clear snow off my car and head to work. I think I'm pretty happy with the general look of the wing, though it needs more work to smooth the range. I'll end up taking a very thin glaze of orange to the warmer spots to make the highlights pop a little more smoothly than working up into the pink ranges usually does. If I didn't have to contend with snow to make it to work on time, I would have gotten the back of the other wing done, but oh well. I've got the next 3 days in a row off, so I'll take that trade...

Also, the blue to purple blend looks better in person. If I had the time to play with my camera settings, I would have painted the other wing. :P

Also working on the initial buildup of flesh tones over the red base. I do sort of hate how many thin layers you need to make a smooth flesh tone, but it is what it is.

And now, pics...

gallery_53700_4877_602287.jpg

gallery_53700_4877_586630.jpg

Archived