Emerald Scions

Saric

The Emerald Knights are the successors of the Invaders (Known for their destruction of the Craftworld Idharae). They were part of the 26th Founding to be the defenders of a Forge World but quickly moved towards planetary assaulting or subjugation much like the Invaders. Due to the fact that their home world is a Forge World they are known for going into battle with techmarines on just about every battle. As odd as this is it has yielded some surprisingly good results and has lead their chapter to become closely linked to the techmarines. Although their world has many defenses (thanks to the techmarines) They have many times come under the attack of many foes of the Imperium. This is due to the fact that they are one of the more out lying chapter systems. this has taught them how to fight many a type of xenos and heretics alike. The chapter is 700 odd men strong and has been sitting at this number for quiet some time. They are very dedicated to the Emperor and have had minimal heresy within the chapter the only major case being a Librarian turning to Chaos and eliminating a number of space marines before being slain by his Force Commander Alore Thanis.

This is what I have so far correct anything that you see that is wrong if anything and hope no one else has the name.

smsbeta.php?bpe=067508&bpj=067508&bp=067508&bpc=067508&hdt=067508&hdm=067508&hdl=067508&ey=FF0000&er=067508%CF%80=000000&nk=067508&ch=067508&eg=E8E8E8&sk=E3E3E3&abs=067508&bt=067508&cod=067508&ull=067508&lk=067508&lll=067508&lft=067508&url=067508&rk=FACA1E&lrl=067508&rft=067508&slt=FACA1E&sli=067508&srt=FACA1E&sri=067508&ula=067508&lel=067508&lla=067508&lw=FACA1E&lh=067508&ura=067508&rel=067508&rla=067508&rw=FACA1E&rh=067508&bg=FFFFFF&rb=000000&gr=000000&wg=true&be=BBBBCC&chps=CC0000&slips=CC0000&rkg7=FFFFFF&bpr=000000&pws=true&spl1=533B1C&spr1=533B1C&spr2=533B1C

This is what I have so far correct anything that you see that is wrong if anything and hope no one else has the name.

Let me point you in the direction of the DIY guide stickied at the top of the forum.

A very useful read, and it'll put your feet firmly on the right path. :P

I don't recall seeing any other Emerald Knights on the board in a while - you're probably safe with that one for now. :)

Read over the DIY and have come up with a few changes and additives. First their home world will not be a forge world due to the separation powers mentioned and a general distrust of organics on the part of the Machine Cult. So to make this a little more politically correct the home World of the Knights will be a standard planet (As far as that goes for Space Marines) and one of the other planets in the system will be a forge world. As for their creation it has been changed to sole be planetary subjugation or assault but have been known to help the tech priest on request due to their proximity. Also the tech priest of this forge world do not mind these space marines as much as any other (Not saying they have tea parties or anything). Another effect of them being so close to the forge world is a higher number of techmarines in the chapter then is normal (Again not to an extreme) Still 26th Founding because I cannot find when the Invaders where founded so newest is safest I am assuming. the attacks from the enemies of man are still accurate and the minor heresy is also correct. Also due to the heresy of The Librarian the chapter has a slight distrust towards powerful psykers. The Knights have a a tendency for the power sword and are not known to use transports on the battlefield under the belief that if you can't make it to the battle you should not be there. They may be extremely aggressive in a battle but will not lose their cool and make mistakes. This has lead to some what some would call lucky wins. The Chapter Master is Saren Duran.

Any suggestions at this point would be appreciated. Also help naming planets would be great.

Also thank you for pointing me in that direction Ace

If you want planet names here is some inspiration <-->

Those are current planet names that exist. If you want to go toward the sci-fi fantasy side. Type in Fantasy name generator in Google. You can mix a match what you like and even invent some of your own depending on what you like.

As to your chapter. Its hard to give good feedback when you have such a small amount of information. First write on the basic formula for a Chapter. Add Origins, History, Combat Doctrine, Homeworld and then give details, write a significant conflict that they were in or why they fight the way they do.

Things to expand. Why are they headstrong? Is it Elder chapter training? Or perhaps Geneseed? Maybe even a product of natural populations recruits? (Few ideas)

How does the Forgeworld affect them? Of course with the Tech-marines. But do they play a larger role in the Chapter? Does the chapter owe the Forgeworld anything?

I could give you hundreds of Ideas but ultimately this is your Chapter. Make it how you want it to be, but of course within reason. :geek:

The Knights have a a tendency for the power sword and are not known to use transports on the battlefield under the belief that if you can't make it to the battle you should not be there.

Eh, one could say that space-ships and drop-pods are transports too, therefore your marines are... well where are they?!?

You have a very valid point there.

They don't use any transports once they get to the battle field, like no Rhinos or land raiders and the like. but they do use drop pods and space-ships.

If they didn't well.... it would be rather silly... i mean space marines that don't travel through space? What kind of heresy are you smoking?

... but quickly moved towards ... or subjugation much like the Invaders.

Subjugation of whom?

The chapter is 700 odd men strong and has been sitting at this number for quiet some time.

Why haven't they got a full compliment of Marines, you do not explain it here?

They are very dedicated to the Emperor and have had minimal heresy within the chapter the only major case being a Librarian turning to Chaos and eliminating a number of space marines before being slain by his Force Commander Alore Thanis.
Quite a LARGE 'heresy methinks! And why did he turn to Chaos?
Also due to the heresy of The Librarian the chapter has a slight distrust towards powerful psykers.
Was it a psyker who turned the Librarian then?
The Knights... are not known to use transports on the battlefield under the belief that if you can't make it to the battle you should not be there.
This still does not make sense? Why not use transportation that is available? Are you saying that if you cannot make it to the battle under your own steam, then you should not be there? Surely the fresher you are, the better you perform. Even a Space marine would feel a wee bit knackered after a 1000 mile epic yomp... and then have to fight a battle at the end of it!

I don't recall seeing any other Emerald Knights on the board in a while - you're probably safe with that one for now. :lol:

I see one listed in the 1,000 chapters project, but the IA is missing.

@ Saric - Your Emerald Knight's colour scheme did not show up in your post, but I see the code in the quote: it seems very similar to the one in the project's gallery. If you write up a full IA I'll update the link in the project's gallery ;)

Philip

Also due to the heresy of The Librarian the chapter has a slight distrust towards powerful psykers.
Was it a psyker who turned the Librarian then?

Librarians are psykers, I believe. :down:

I don't recall seeing any other Emerald Knights on the board in a while - you're probably safe with that one for now. :)

I see one listed in the 1,000 chapters project, but the IA is missing.

@ Saric - Your Emerald Knight's colour scheme did not show up in your post, but I see the code in the quote: it seems very similar to the one in the project's gallery. If you write up a full IA I'll update the link in the project's gallery B)

Philip

I believe the one on your list is: THIS ONE

Well damn looks like i might have ti change the name.....

You all bring up valid points I am working on a compilation of the information here and will most likely change the name of my chapter pretty quickly.

Emund All the points you brought up will be covered in the compilation i guess I'll call it and thanks for bringing it up will make it a lot easier to write out now that I am thinking of it.

Color scheme is in fact green and gold and I have already painted my first squad and dreadnought in these colors Nihilus Aquilus can attest to that as we are personal friends. It is a coincidence that is is the same color as heReclusiarch but life will go on and its a different green.

lots of nice ideas which will make for a good IA once you flesh out story properly

i would suggest having your rogue librarian turning and making off with a band of marines and killing some other on the way out as the reason why your chapter is at a lower strength and that the chapter has vowed those marines will not be replaced until they hunt down and kill the traitor marines hoping to keep the information of this heresy from Inquisitorial eyes being based on the edge of the imperium. ect ect this just melds together all the random ideas you have thier and gives your chapter a nice backstory

to include your increased use of techmarines and lack of rhinos ect your marines could be experts in the drop pod assault/ use large amounts of assault marines would get tehm into the heart of battle and fits in with thier planetary assault background , have them supported by a largeish contingent of armour due to lack of heavy firepower in the marine squads have the armour looked after by the techamarines which are dropped into battle

my 2 cents worth anyway look forward to reading more on your chapter

Dangerousdan73 you read my mind on almost all point except for the librarian I have chosen their strategy and worked out the reason for the lower numbers though it won't be as low as I stated earlier. I do like your idea with the librarian so i might take a part of that and develop it a bit more. have decided on the new name and will post it with the more or less fleshed out story. It will also have their home planet, geneseed, tactics name of the chapter master and first company commander as well as a few other details that just about all chapters seem to have.

• 3 weeks later...

OK here is what I have so far. I have left out some details but they will be added into this post when needed.

Chapter:

Emerald Scions

Chapter Master:

Saren Duran

Commander of first company:

Alore Thanis

Homeworld:

Foros

Main colors:

Snot Green

Shining Gold

Specialty:

Large scale raids, and heavy fortifications

Geneseed:

Invaders

Estimated Strength:

Fortress-Monastery:

Fortress of the Scion

Battle Cry:

None

Sergent:

spacemarine.jpg

Marine:

spacemarine.jpg

The High Lords of Terra had the Emerald Scions formed as a heavy assault force. For the a large amount of chapters specialized in this tactic have been wiped out or taken heavy loses and are on the path to reconstruction. This has caused them to keep a little behind the normal number of Space Marines as it takes time to replace a fellow Space Marine.

Their early history was full of heavy conflict with most of the enemies of man. They have had to largely deal with raids from the forces of Chaos upon their home system. Due to the fact that they share a system with a Forge world this raids have taught them how to great a heavily fortified position. They have used this knowledge to effectively create a “beachhead” on planets, this has lead to great success on the battlefield. Weapon of honor in the chapter is the Power Sword and they use it with a divine skill. They see it as one of the most honorable weapons vs the power fist and thunder hammer. Though the lightning claw is another story. This weapon is sole used by the assault marines allowing them to unleash devastating attacks upon their enemies. Only the Sergent of a assault squad may pick up this weapon in battle. The view this weapon as an elegant solution to a larger problem.

The Scions have access to some of the most devastating weapons and vehicles the Imperium has to offer. This has allowed them great use of heavy weapons as well as some of the finest transports. There predators are feared on the battle field and are never short of support from A rhino filled with ready space marines. Use of Biker Squads allow them to keep an advance moving allowing the heavy support to pick them apart as the Bikers sweep through eliminating enemy infantry at every chance.

The members of the chapter are devout followers of The Emperor. This does not mean that their chapter is immune to the curse of heresy. A librarian in the chapter turned to chaos and with many former space marines attacked there former chapter. The Librarian was unleashing many powers of chaos upon the chapter but Force Commander Alore Thanis and his men successfully killed most of the traitors under The Librarian but the Librarian himself was able to get away with many heretical marines. Thanis Alore was given the honor of command of the first company for his actions against The Librarian. After this incident the many brothers were lost to the power of Tzeentch as the Librarian led more and more away from the chapter. This lead to an all time low in the chapters numbers leaving at one point to the lowly number of 400. Unwilling to give into the powers of Chaos Duran called upon other chapters to help in the defense of their world and with their help they prevented the destruction of their chapter. This allowed the chapter to regrow and bring them back to the numbers of a true chapter and continue their duty for The Emperor.

Edit: Addressed the transport issue as well as the power sword and a bit of the Forgeworld effects. You got me on this one Hemal. All your points were taken into account on this one. It makes more sense this way.

Edit: added the picture

I like it. You might want to elaborate on the whole chaos incursion. Having Chaos gain strength to the point of the Chapter Master calling in other Chapters on his own Home world might make the home world unsalvageable from the view point of the Inquisition. Just food for thought.

Yeah having issues with that myself can't seem to write it so it makes sense. At that point I don't really know what the inquisition would do when they got involved and can't think of a legit way for the whole chaos thing to work and not be completely..... well retarded.

Ouch that has got to suck. I need to expand on the renegade group and why they would need more than more than one chapter to help. Not a whole chapter mind you but like a company. The Scions of Heresy are gonna get big and become a recurring problem for the Emerald Scions but they're not gonna suddenly be the size of a chaos legion. but not a group of 100 guys being annoying either but it has to make sense. Also have to expand on the whole forgeworld being in the system thing to. So much to do. just got to have it all work in concert with all the other information. might write a story or two out of it. Also I don't know if they do it on this site but if a mod or what have you could change the topic name to "Emerald Scions" that would be great

I can't see if you responded to the point about transports BUT the Astartes are a mobile war-fighting force. One of the reasons that a 1000 men can take a planet, is that their transports are mroe than adequate force multipliers. They can move up, down, sideways, forwards and back with equal ease. An Astartes unit without transports is..well, a very expensive PDF or foot-slogging Guard.

They aren't capable of grand manouvres, Astartes can run but not at tank-speed for any sustained length of time, and certainly would want to to avoid any degradation of battlefield performance. Even a 40k "battlefield" isn't really a battlefield, its a small-scale engagement on a battlefield, akin to an Epic scaled "firefight" or assault.

Even getting to that point counts as "battlefield" - without transports your forces will be driven to death by enemy ranged weaponry and outmanouvred and decimated in crossfire by even flash-lights let alone REALLY nasty foes like Titans or super-heavy tank regiments.

Unlessthey have a very specific modus operandi - exclusively drop-pod or landing ship assaults, or entirely focussed on trench warfare, there is no reason an Astrtes unit would ever drop their transport support vehicles.

Gievn proximity of a Forge World, you would assume such a Chapter would be OVER-equipped with heavy support - tanks, transports, support weaponry etc. so they can better operate with a Titan legion (Titans legions need infantry support, normally Skitarrii) and Titan infantry support HAS to be mounted to be as mobile as the Titans themselves.

They would also probably PREFER power swords but no marine (just as today in the USMC) would be less than a (rifleman) "bolterman". They would ALL have ranged weaponry as standard. Perhaps the power sword is preferred weaponry for officers, above and beyond Power Fists (regarded as inelegant?), Thunder Hammers (regarded as dishonourable?), Lightning Claws (disdained as being inflexible?), Power Axes (Barbaric?) etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

Archived