Wargear ideas and new character theories for the next DOW.

Jamafore

Post your ideas for wargear and theories on who the next playable character will be in whatever the next Dawn of War.

My idea for wargear is helms you can use in the accessory slot. The helm you get from THQ when registering Chaos Rising had nice stats, but could only be put in the command slot of the FC. Sadly, I'm already using a rather nice jump-pack the ups melee and ranged attack. And he's still the only one with a helm. ^_^

For the next character, my guess is a Chaplin (I'm certain I spelled that wrong). I can't see anything else being used. =][= would probably just purge the entire chapter and SoB would probably call upstairs and get the Inq involved, thereby see the first reason.

I'd like to see Chaplain Prathios and Apothecary Gordian become a character for the squad loadouts.

Gordian died remember? A new apothecary and a Chaplain would be good though. And perhaps more Predator loadouts like lascannon sponsons.

Ahh crap. For some reason I thought it was supposed to be Martellus that karked it and Gordian got off the Armageddon. Silly me. ;)

But yah, the Chaplain and Apothecary would make bad arse additions to the command squad.

Chaplain! There MUST be a Chaplain in the next DoW! Or maybe a new Techmarine, or a Apotechary. . .Or Diomedes!

Here some enemies or allies in the next game that could appear:

Inquisition->Gabriel Angelos and his pal Mordecai Toth will go after the heresy inside the chapter.

Imperial Guard->The Guardsmen from Aurelia will help the Blood Ravens fight Kyras.

Tau->Yeah, not sure why. . .

Necrons->Just to make everything worst for them. . .

Sisters of Battle->Those chicks are helping the Blood Ravens! Or maybe not, maybe they will hunt down Gabriel and pals.

Ran

It's funny, I've looked through the files of DoW2, and apparently there are capes available as Commander-only accessories... But I've never seen them in-game. Not even a bloody rare drop. Heh.

On the topic... I think we're due for a Chaplain. I might be the only one here who wants to see a PA-scaled Storm Shield. Heck even a Combat Shield would be nice, seeing as we got PA-scaled Lightning Claws.

In regards to new SM units, I'l like to see and new squad, not another new character, although I don't know what else they could include. Bikes, maybe? Or Honour Guard?

As for wargear, I can't really thinks of much that hasn't already been said. I wouldn't mind seeing two handed power weapons that aren't Thunder Hammers(i.e Relic Blade). I would also like to see non-Termie Storm Bolters. And maybe combi-weapons. Instead of one-shot only you could get ammo pickups like you do with grenades/Cyrus' special shots/etc. And banners you can put on Termie armour. Oh look! I had more ideas than I thought!

New races has to include IG! They've aleady got the basics in game, with Guardsman and Storm Trooper squads. As for new enemies, I don't know. If the next DoW continues on from the story from this instalment I have to wonder; Who else would get involved in an inner-Chapter war? Maybe the =I=, or other Imperial forces if they knew about it, but hopefully they would be fighting alongside and not against loyalists like Gabriel Angelos. Unless some random alien race notices that SM are fighting SM and tries to take advantage.

EDIT: Oh, I just remembered something else. I liked the whole "Gift from the Techmarines" thing where you donated it and got a different item depending on who was selected, but I think it would be better it they put in a "Gift for..." where you get to pick which weapon you want. For example; "Gift for Force Commander". You donate it and get asked: Do you want a)Thunder Hammer, b)Bolter, c)Power Weapon, d)Termie Assault Cannon, etc.

For the SM I'd like to see the Chaplain, and for CSM I'd love to see either some tzeentch or slaanesh dedicated units. The IG becoming their own race would be nice too considering most units are in game already. As for Wargear, some better gear for the librarian would be nice or some multi-meltas, relic blades or perhaps some new abilities.

@Brother Tyrax: I don't think they would bring chaplain prathios to the game on account of a certain event.

He was gunned down by Eldar during the events on Rahe's Paradise and put into a sarcophagus because of his wounds.

Also yeah Gordian died.

@Artein: I don't know about that. If I remember correctly the Blood Ravens and Sisters had a pretty close relationship. They shared information and even worked together during a few events.

@Espada Azul: If you're really talented you can get them into the game yourself. It's been done before too just in case you're wondering.

rifleman dread, double assault cannon baragge..... YAY

and a chaplain would be nice to

oh and segmented armour whith seperate pauldrons, breast plate, helmets and so on

Gameplay that hearkens back to the original DoW, not this "your army consists of 15 men total" nonsense in DoW 2. :rolleyes:

Also, Land Raiders need to make a comeback. I was devastated when I first fired up DoW 2 and saw that there were no Land Raiders in it.

They should add Inquisition and Dark Eldar

For Inquistion the heroes would be:

Offensive: Greyknight Grandmaster

Defensive: Inquisitor

Support: Sister of Battle Cannonnes

For Dark Eldar:

Offensive: Wych Archite

Offensive: Archon

Support: Haemonculus

(it may be better to focus first on all remaining armies instead of a story expansion if you ask me)

Archived