Collecting the entire Dark Angels Chapter

skink

For those of you who may not have noticed it, I found this quite fun...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=200807 (Not sure if this is the right way to embed links, but hey)

My immediate answer to myself was, of course, the entire Dark Angels Chapter (and then perhaps the Guardians of the Covenant, but that's an aside...).

Now, I'm working in a foreign country, with little else to do, so this got me daydreaming - what would it be like to field the DA in their full might; the Inner Circle, DW, RW, Battle Companies, Reserve Companies, Scouts and Armoury. Basically everything on pg. 15 of the dex (ok, I know there is the fleet etc etc but my fluff knowledge doesn't stretch that far...).

I got to wondering whether you could build that with the dex, and (legalities aside), how many points would it cost?? So, I'm trying to work it out (as I said, I ain't got much else on my plate recreationally!).

That is, how much would the entire Chapter, reasonably equipped for battle, cost pointswise? Any wild of the cuff guesses from anyone at this stage might be quite amusing/interesting. I don't know, maybe this has been done already?

I'm not finding it as immediatley straight forward as I thought. These are all ideas of mine, based on pg. 15. I'd appreciate advice from anyone who wants to share their opinions.

I always assumed that each company held 100 battle ready (for want of a better phrase) marines, but thinking about it, I suspect that this figure is actually 107; ten squads of 10, a Company Master, a Chaplain, and 5 Command Squad marines. This would apply for 3rd through to 9th Companies. I'm including 3 Dreadnaughts per company (I suspect each company has between 0 and 5 dreads, so on average 3). Each squad has a Rhino, each command squad has a Razorback.

Do these assumptions seem reasonable? Everyone agree so far?

For the RW. Sammael. Chaplain. 7 full RW attack squadrons (70, at 10 marines each). 3 full RW support squadrons (30, at 10 marines each). 102 marines (with the apothecary and standard included in one of the 7 attack squadrons). Or should this be 112 marines, with an additional full attack squadron as the 'command attack squadron'?

For the DW. Belial. Chaplain. 20 Terminator squads. 102 marines (with the apothecary and standard included in one of the Terminator squads). Or should this be 107 marines, with an additional full Terminator squad as the 'command Terminator squad'? 5 Venerable Dreadnaughts. 10 LR and 10 LRC.

Inner Circle. Azreal. 4 Interrogator-Chaplains (1 is Asmodai, with 3 others). Ezekial. 3 Librarians (to match the 3 non-Asmodai Int-Chaps). Two Int-Chaps and Librarians in TDA, for deployment with DW. Should the number of Int-Chaps and Libs be hiked up here? Should command squads be included? If so, should Razorbacks be included?

Scout Company. I know this varies, but do you think it'd be reasonable to have a command squad, then ten squads of 10, no Dreadnaughts?

Armoury. How many Techmarines? 10? 5 with servo harness, 5 without, each with 5 servitors? 20 Predator Destructors. 20 Combi-Preds (AC/LC). 20 Predator Annihilators. 20 Whirlwinds. 20 Vindicators. 10 LR, 10 LRC. That's 120 tanks; 12 tanks a Techmarine.

Drop pods? Include them, or not? If so, how many?

I've made a bit of a start with the battle companies, but want to get the structure of the Inner Circle, DW and RW cleared up before I keep going. I realise that it doesn't really matter, as this is my own interpretation of the Chapter, but I'd be interested to hear what other people have to say.

I'm off into the wilderness sometime next week, so will only be able to take on board replies before then. Will post what points I got to in the end on my eventual return...

Thanks for your time, I really look forward to hearing other people's thoughts!

Cheers now...

Hmmm... One idea of mine would be to look through the other codecies for ideas about the gray zones. Okay from the Blood Angels Codex there are 31 Librarians (1 CL, 6 E, 11 C, 8 L, 5 Acolytes) plus five Lib Dreads. There are 14 total Chaplains so your guess is pretty close to this. There are 36 Techs, 102 Servitors, 20-38 Predators, 5 Vindicators, 7 Whirlwinds, 43 Raiders (at least 21 are in DW colors). Finally there are 36 Gunships and 3 Transporters (would say there are a few more primarily because of the RW. (I think there is a special container that the transporter has that allows a rapid deployment of bikes and speeders that would need to be custom built. I use the story of Sammy being the first to successfully performed a mid-air separation as the basis for this idea.) With the dreads, the reserves seem to have a smaller number of dreads than the battle companies and the highest would be with the DW at 5.

Through personal interpretation: 44995 points total to field the entire Dark Angels chapter.

Things to note, this is nearly a bare army, with no only 2 vehicles upgrades total, and every squad has the cheapest of options (tacticals have flamer and missile launcher, devs have 4 missile launcher, sergeants only have the bolt pistol and chainsword, and nothing special about the scouts).

Deathwing has belial, his command termi squad, and 19 termi squads. Every squad including the HQ has a Land Raider. It also has 2 dreadnoughts, both of which are venerable.

Ravenwing is up for speculation, but I followed the 100 standing battle brothers, and found a full ravenwing attack squad had 10 marines (6 bikes, 2 on the attack bike, and 2 on the speeder). So 9 of those bland squads, and Sammael with his command bike squad.

3rd-5th are exactly the same, with company master, chaplain, command with apoth, champ, and bearer all in a rhino. 10 tacs with the above mentioned gear in rhinos, 2 bland full assault squads, and 2 full dev squads with 4 bolters and a rhino each. They also have a single bland dreadnought.

6-7th have the same HQ set up, and 10 of those tacs, along with the bland dread.

8th has the same HQ but 10 full assault squads and a bland dread.

9th with the HQ and 10 devastators set up like the main battle company ones.

You should note at this point you have around 61 rhinos. Yeesh.

10th is the HQ except no champion or standard bearer as per the codex layout.

The rest is all educated guesswork, and I am sorry if you do not agree with what I chose for the remainder of the list.

The Inner circle is comprised of Azrael, Ezekiel, 5 Interrogator-chaplains, 10 Librarians, and 2 full Veteran squads who have a plasma gun and cannon with a rhino transport. Only 5 Interrogators since it should be a rare occupation for a marine, and there are already 9 other chaplains in the list. 10 Librarians because having more is just ridiculous, screw you Blood Angels and your crap fluff. I chose the 20 vets for this to show administrative staff, honor guards, and people who work under the rock. They have plasma weaponry to show the DA have an extensive armoury.

The Armoury is comprised of 1 techmarine with servo harness to show his Master of the Forge rank, and 10 regular techmarines. All 11 of these guys has 4 servitors but only the regular 10 have rhinos. For the spare vehicles, I just chose nice round numbers for them all. 10 razorbacks, 10 predators, 10 whirlwinds, 10 vindicators, 3 regular land raiders, and 2 land raider crusaders. This is probably the most off part of the whole list, but there isn't much material on this subject.

If you do not agree with this set up, I want you to do the math and guesswork before smack talking. The actual list has individual points costs written into it, so message me if you'd like a copy to look over and edit.

Thanks all!

GMB - Good idea about sourcing from other codecei; unfortunatley I don't know much, and what little I do know is limited to DA! Are BA renowned for a high libby presence - 31 seems quite high. I'm inclined to go with Styphus with closer to 10, but purely as a gut feeling, I'm happy to be corrected. I take your point re. Dread numbers - 5 for DW, 3 for battle companies, 1 for reserves perhaps? Also maybe my Whirlwind and Vindicator numbers are too high, which in turn would mean my LR numbers are too high. Actually, probably all my tank numbers should be about half.

BS - Hehe, 45 thousand points, pow! You did the maths quickly, I'm quite impressed. I'm planning on doing my list with squads similar in construction to those I'd use in my regular sized games i.e. sergeant has a power weapon, some squads have plasma, some have melta, mix up the heavies etc etc. This means my points will come out higher than yours, but I think they will be broadly similar. Also giving the Rhinos PM storm bolters. Or might only do that for the battle companies.

For reference, my battle companies are weighing it at a bit under 4000; how about yours?

I like your point about a couple of full strength vet squads for Inner Circle 'staff', and I suspect I will do something similar. Any transports for the actual characters? And, as above, I like the limit of 10 libbies. Just out of interest, why didn't you include any RW support squadrons? Although I guess they are all versed in all of their vehicles, and maybe preference should be made to bikes... And highlighting a MotF as the only techmarine with a servo-harness is probably a keeper too.

Cheers!!

The way I kit troops it would cost abot 72,000 and need at least 14 different detachments, some of which would be APOC only because of their composition - ie violating the force organisation chart. It also would nclude a few ideas for custom one off squads and items like a Chapter masters LR, Tech recovery squaderon, and Geneseed collection force. Also their are 3 Fellblades in my version and 10 Thunderhawks.

Each battle company costs 2800 points in my list. For character transports you have the 5 razorbacks, the 5 spare land raiders, or you take 5 veterans and their rhino as an honor guard.

I didn't add points for extra armor or the extra storm bolter because it would add up in points very quickly.

I did not include raven wing support squads because you already have 10 land speeders and to go beyond that point would break codex standard of 100 battle brothers. If I were to add speeder squadrons I would subtract the total from a few biker squadrons. take out 2 full biker attack squads and you have yourself 10 speeders.

----edit-----

Oh and to depress my fellow DA players, previously I did a 3k list for the Imperial Fist battle company. Though it lacks a dreadnought, it has the apocalypse Battle Company rule (with all those juicy assets), lysander, lascannons in every tactical squad, commander with relic blade and bike, and everything is in drop pods (with devastator pods containing deathwind launchers and locator beacons). Isn't it nifty that for only 200 more points, you get a fully stubborn army (which last I checked was a DA thing), coordinated drop pod assault, a commander who doesn't suck, and anti-tank capabilities.

Someone did model the entire Dark Angels chapter in 40K scale. It was done by games Workshop Italy for their Gamesday, somewhere in 2002-2004 I think. I don't think these images are up anywhere but I managed to save them off the web at that time. Just to give you an idea of the immensity of the task! Enjoy!

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Dark_Angels_01.jpg

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Dark_Angels_05.jpg

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Dark_Angels_08.jpg

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Dark_Angels_07.jpg

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Dark_Angels_06.jpg

That is epic. Fully awesome. Hehe, I was never even going to try to collect it all, was just a 'what if' kind of thing - good effort to GWI. I wonder what happened to all those minatures? Would they just get stored away somewhere? Shame if so, would be cool if, for example, they were given out as prizes/memorabilia for an event. The standard of painting is pretty high too eh?

Cheers for putting the pics up! Enjoy them I certainly did.

What about Iron Wing. What would that consist of? I know it's not in the current codex, but if we go by fluff, a few people have mentioned Iron Wing. Wouldn't you want to include that in your army as well?

Ming putting citation about where the Ironwing exists? I've only ever noticed that on the Fortress of the Unforgiven site, and most of their fluff, special characters, and formations are purely fan based with no citation to where they get their real scraps of fluff. It's a nifty read though, don't get me wrong.

Wouldn't the Armoury section count as Ironwing if it does exist? It was the most expensive chunk in my army list write up.

In all honesty I know very little about the Ironwing, or what may represent it. Same goes with the fleet, which is why I didn't include any Thunderhawks or Fellblades. The list I'm (very slowly!) compiling is basically pg. 15 of the DA codex, but with every squad kitted out as I might do for the tabletop.

HsojVvad - If you have any ideas what the Ironwing might consist of it'd be cool to see, stick up some ideas.

Raven Angel - 72k points, that's alot!! You'd need a big old table to field that!

Cheers now...

The Ironwing is basiclly the Armoury. It would be headed by the Master of the Forge and be APOC only formation. If fielded in full would have all the chapters Preds, Vindcators, Whirlwinds, extra Razorbacks, and non Deathwing LandRaiders as well as any HH era Tanks like Sabers and Fellblades. The only infantry Techmarines and sevitors. All of the non battlecompany Dreads could also be fielded. Size would very dependng on how many tanks are on lone to other DA formations for their missions and overall combat losses. Assuming that ever tank is there and the forge is at full strength it would have around 40 preds, 15 to 20 vindicators, 15 to 20 Whirlwinds, 20 or so Razorbacks, and 20 or so LandRaiders. There is no definite info on the numbers of dreads or relic tanks in the chapter but they would have al of them.

Ive currently got the first four companies of the chapter, running at near on 30000 points, with a lot of upgrades and vehicles.

However, its probably cost me in the region of $12000 New Zealand dollars......

Thats the heaviest part of the whole drama, just affording it.

What about Iron Wing. What would that consist of? I know it's not in the current codex, but if we go by fluff, a few people have mentioned Iron Wing. Wouldn't you want to include that in your army as well?

Ming putting citation about where the Ironwing exists? I've only ever noticed that on the Fortress of the Unforgiven site, and most of their fluff, special characters, and formations are purely fan based with no citation to where they get their real scraps of fluff. It's a nifty read though, don't get me wrong.

Wouldn't the Armoury section count as Ironwing if it does exist? It was the most expensive chunk in my army list write up.

The only citation for Iron Wing comes from the Rogue Trader Rule book or an associated White Dwarf of that era. Not a lot of detail was mentioned. Hence the fan based development of the Ironwing. Remember that's the same era which described the Ravenwing as being the 7th company and also described the entire Ravenwing deploying on Jet Bikes to aid the Crimson Fists agains the ork invasion of their homeworld.... So a pinch...or may be even a big sack of salt might be in order! :D

That's what I had assumed. That was also the time where named primarchs were just regular marines.

30 thousands points for just 4 companies? I don't want to imagine how much you'd pay for the armoured division of their chapter organization.

I guess I had my list make with the Great Crusade ideals in mind. Many marines armed with just a few random heavy weapons and bolters aplenty. I'm sure if you took out flamers from my list you could change multiple missile launchers for lascannons and plasma cannons. Flamers just don't look right on marines.

I have lernt about Iron Wing here on the B & C DA forum. Someone mentioned Iron Wing in an old thread, I asked what it was, and was given the explanation that DA had, DW, RW GW and IW. I was told that IW was a force that had all vehicles and not much is mentioned about it, but it was at one time. This wasn't mentioned by just one person, there are a few of our brothers who have mentioned IW for DA.

I can't remeber what threads they were, it was sometime last year or 2 ago. As was said before, it was mentioned in previous fluff. But since the OP mentioned theoretical, Iron Wing should be mentioned as well, and since not many people know about it, I thought it was good to mention it for people who would like to know of DA fluff.

I priced the 3rd company up (a while back but will look around for the print out) and it came in around 8000 points using the codex.

I had the following set up for the company:

Company Master, Company Command Squad (Standard Bearer, Champion, Apothecary, Plasma Specials) in Lascannon Razorback

Company Chaplain, Command Squad (Apothecary, Melta Specials) in H.Bolter Razorback

Affiliated Librarian, Comman Squad (Apothecary, Plasma Specials) in Lascannon Razorback

6 Tacticals (2 Tank Hunter, 2 Anti Infantry, 2 All Round) in Rhinos

2 Assault

1 Short Range Devastator (MM and H.Bolters) in Rhino (with H.Bolter Razorback as alternative)

1 Long Range Devastator (ML / PC / LC) in Rhino (with Lascannon Razorback as alternative)

2 Venerable Dreads

1 Long Range Dread

2 Standard Dreads

Drop Pod for any units that can take them (including the dreads)

Plus the following armour attached

3x Predator Destructors

3x Predator Annihilators

3x Whirlwind

3x Vindicator

The idea was the price up the whole company if it went to war so there is a lot of redundant transports and armour but I thought it was a fair representation of the company on the battlefield (not including techmarines, supply train personnel, transports etc)

• 1 year later...

'This is my take on what an entire DA Chapter should have, now i'm more of a modeler than a player and understand this is not a strictly legal army. i have painted up the 3rd and 5 companies and followed the codex for them.

for me the armoury and drivers of the wagons belong the Iron wing. As i said this is just my take on it and designed around models i like painting, as far as Quads, Jetbikes and the like go, I believe the only reason GW doen't include them in the list is they haven't got around to making them yet.

Let me know what you think and what you would change

:D

Inner Circle

Supreme Grand Master

Supreme Grand Master Azreal Keeper of the Truth

4x Battle Brethren Guardian's of the Lion

Interrogator Chaplain Asmodi Keeper of the Faith

Honored Bearer of the Chapter Banner

5 Bearer of the Sacred Standards

4 Honor Guard Brothers

Land Raider Promethus

2 Land Raider Crusader

Grand Masters

Master of the Recruits Guardian of the Inner Sanctum

Master of the Watch Guardian of Unseen Ceremony

Guardian of the Arsenal

Master of the Fleet

Chapter Champion

Land Raider Phobos

Armory

Grand Master of the Forge

27 Techmarines

95 Tech Servitors

5 Baal Predators

16 Predator Annihilators

10 Predator Destructors

15 Whirlwind Helios

10 Whirlwind Hyperios

12 Vindicators

5 Hyperios Air Defence Platforms

5 Batteries of 4 Hyperios platforms

6 Lasscannon Tarantulas

8 Heavy Bolter Tarantulas

4 Multi-melta Tarantulas

1 Land Raider Prometheus

9 Land Raider Phobos

14 Land Raider Crusaders

5 Land Raider Helios

15 StormRavens

Apothecarion

Grand master Apothecary

Guardian of the Gene-seed

Chief Apothecary

12 Apothecaries

Razorback

FLEET COMMAND

8 Strike Cruisers

3 Battle Barges

12 Rapid Strike Vessels

20 Thunder hawk Gunships

15 Thunder hawk Transporters

2 Reaver Titans

5 Mars Pattern War hound Titan

LIBARIUS

Grand Master of Librarians

Ezekiel Guardian of the Dungeons

Chief Librarian

2 Epistolary

4 Codicer

5 Lexicanum

4 Stern guard Veteran Squads

4 Razorbacks

DEATHWING

Master Belial of the Deathwing Sword of Silence Shield of Faith Land Raider Prometheus

4 Battle Brethren Force Halberds Storm Shields

Company Chaplain

Storm Bolter, Crozius Arcanum and Rosarus

Land Raider Crusader

Company Standard Bearer Storm Shield

6 Honor Guard Brothers Thunder Hammers and Strom Shields

Librarian

Chief Apothecary

Squad 1 Assault 1 Sgt and 4 marines with Lightning Claws

Squad 2 Assault 1 Sgt and 4 marines with Lightning Claws

Squad 3 Assault 1 Sgt and 4 marines with Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields

Squad 4 Assault 1 Sgt and 4 marines with Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields

Squad 5 Assault 1 Sgt with a Power Sword and Storm Shield 2 Marines with Lightning Claws 2 Marines with Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields

Squad 6 Assault 1 Sgt with a Power Sword and Storm Bolter 2 Marines with Lightning Claws 1 Marines with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield 1 Marine with an Assault Cannon and Power Fist

Squad 7 Tactical 1 Sgt with a Power Maul and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Chain Fist and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with an Assault Cannon and Power Fist 2 Marines with Storm Bolters and Power Fists

Squad 8 Tactical 1 Sgt with a Power Sword and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Chain Fist and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with an Assault Cannon and Power Fist 2 Marines with Storm Bolters and Power Fists

Squad 9 Tactical 1 Sgt with a Power Sword and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Chain Fist and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with an Assault Cannon and Power Fist 2 Marines with Storm Bolters and Power Fists

Squad 10 Tactical 1 Sgt with a Power Maul and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Chain Fist and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Heavy Flamer and Power Fist 2 Marines with Storm Bolters and Power Fists

Squad 11 Tactical 1 Sgt with a Power Sword and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Chain Fist and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Heavy Flamer and Power Fist 2 Marines with Storm Bolters and Power Fists

Squad 12 Tactical 1 Sgt with a Power Sword and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Chain Fist and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Heavy Flamer and Power Fist 1 Marine with a Storm Bolter and Power Fist 1 Marine with a Storm Bolter and Power Fist and a Whirlwind

Squad 13 Tactical 1 Sgt with a Power Maul and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Chain Fist and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with an Assault Cannon and Power Fist 1 Marine with a Storm Bolter and Power Fist 1 Marine with a Storm Bolter and Power Fist and a Whirlwind

Squad 14 Tactical 1 Sgt with a Power Sword and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Chain Fist and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Multi-melta and Power Fist 1 Marine with a Storm Bolter and Power Fist 1 Marine with a Storm Bolter and Power Fist and a Whirlwind

Squad 15 Tactical 1 Sgt with a Power Maul and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Chain Fist and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with an Assault Cannon and Power Fist 2 Marines with Storm Bolters Power Fists and Whirlwinds

Squad 16 Tactical 1 Sgt with a Power Sword and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Chain Fist and Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Heavy Flamers and Power Fist 2 Marines with Storm Bolters Power Fists and Whirlwinds

Squad 17 Devastator 1 Sgt with a Power Sword and Storm Bolter 2 Marines with Assault Cannons and Power Fists 1 Marine with a Chain Fist and a Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Power Fist a Storm Bolter and a Whirlwind

Squad 18 Devastator 1 Sgt with a Power Maul and Storm Bolter 2 Marines with Assault Cannons and Power Fists 1 Marine with a Chain Fist and a Storm Bolter 1 Marine with a Power Fist a Storm Bolter and a Whirlwind

Squad 19 Devastator 1 Sgt with a Power Sword and Storm Bolter 1 Marines with an Assault Cannons and Power Fist 1 Marine with a Heavy Flamer and Power Fist 2 Marines with Power Fists Storm Bolters and Whirlwinds

Squad 20 Devastator 1 Sgt with a Power Sword and Storm Bolter 2 Marines with Assault Cannons and Power Fists 2 Marines with Heavy Flamers Power Fists and Whirlwinds

2 Squads of 3 DreadKnights

6 Venerable Contemper Pattern Dreadnoughts

Each Squad can call on a Land Raider to act as an Armored Spear-Head although the preferred method of delivery is to teleport after the Ravenwing or scouts have place homing beacons

Drawn fom the Armory

1 Land Raider Prometheus

9 Land Raider Phobos

12 Land Raider Crusaders with Extra Armor

5 Land Raider Helios

RAVENWING

Master Sammael of the Ravenwing Mounted on a Master Crafted Jetbike

4 Battle Brethren Mounted on Jetbikes

Company Chaplain Mounted on a Bike

Company Standard Bearer Mounted in an Attack Bike

4 Honor Guard Brothers Mounted on Bikes

Master Of the Ravenwing Armoury Chief Techmarine mounted on a Bike

Chief Apothecary Mounted on a Bike

Land Attack Squadron

Squad 1 5 Bikes

Squad 2 5 Bikes

Squad 3 3 Bikes 1 Attack Bike

Squad 4 3 Bikes 1 Attack Bike

Squad 5 5 Quads

Land Support Squadrons

Squad 6 3 bikes 2 Attack Bikes

Squad 7 3 bikes 2 Attack Bikes

Squad 8 3 Bikes 1 Buggy

Squad 9 3 Quads 1 Buggy

Squad 10 3 Quads 1 Buggy

Air Attack Squadrons

Squad 11 5 Jet Bikes

Squad 12 3 Jet Bikes 1 Tornado

Squad 13 3 Jet Bikes 1 Tornado

Squad 14 3 Tornado

Squad 15 3 Tornado

Air Support Sqadrons

Squad 16 3 Tempest

Squad 17 3 Tempest

Squad 18 2 Tonado 2 Typhoon

Squad 19 2 Tonado 2 Typhoon

Land and air squadrons generally comibine into a troop according to the mission brief

3rd COMPANY

Battle Company

Captain

Co. Chaplain

Co. Champion

Apothecary

Company Standard Bearer

4 Batle Brothers

Squads

1 Vanguard Assault Squad

2 Assault

3 Sternguard Tactical Squad

4 Tactical

5 Tactical

6 Tactical

7 Tactical

8 Tactical

9 Devastator

10 Devastator

Support

1 Venerable Dreadnought

3 Dreadnoughts

Damocles Rhino

8 Rhinos

4 Razorbacks

Drawn from Armoury

2 Predator Annihilators

1 Predator Desructor

2 Whirlwind Helios

1 Whirlwind Hyperios

4th COMPANY

Battle Company

Captain

Co. Chaplain

Co. Champion

Apothecary

Company Standard Bearer

4 Batle Brothers

Squads

1 Vanguard Assault Squad

2 Assault

4 Tactical

5 Tactical

6 Tactical

7 Tactical

8 Tactical

9 Devastator

10 Devastator

Support

3 Dreadnoughts

Damocles Rhino

8 Rhinos

4 Razorbacks

Drawn from Armoury

2 Predator Annihilators

1 Predator Desructor

2 Whirlwind Helios

1 Whirlwind Hyperios

3 Vindicators

5th COMPANY

Battle Company

Captain

Co. Chaplain

Co. Champion

Apothecary

Company Standard Bearer

4 Batle Brothers

Squads

1 Vanguard Assault Squad

2 Assault

4 Tactical

5 Tactical

6 Tactical

7 Tactical

8 Tactical

9 Devastator

10 Devastator

Support

1 Furiso Dreadnought

4 Dreadnoughts

Damocles Rhino

8 Rhinos

4 Razorbacks

Drawn from Armoury

2 Predator Annihilators

1 Predator Desructor

2 Whirlwind Helios

1 Whirlwind Hyperios

6th COMPANY

Urban Assault Company

Captain

Co. Chaplain

Co. Champion

Apothecary

Company Standard Bearer

4 Batle Brothers

Squads

1 Vanguard Assault Squad with Jump Packs

2 Assault Squad with Jump Packs

3 Assault Squad with Jump Packs

4 Assault Squad with Storm Shields

5 Assault Squad with Storm Shields

6 Tactical Squad with Boarding Shields 1 Flamer 1 Multi-melta

7 Tactical Squad with Boarding Shields 1 Flamer 1 Multi-melta

8 Tactical Squad with a Flamer and Heavy Bolter

9 Devastator Sqaud with 2 Missile Launchers a Multi-melta and a Heavy Bolter

10 Devastator Squad with a Missile Launcher 2 Heavy Bolters and a Plasma Cannon

Support

2 Mortis Pattern Dreadnoughts

3 Ironclad Dreadnoughts

Damocles Rhino

6 Rhinos

4 Razorbacks

Drawn from Armoury

4 Predator Desructor

9 Vindicators

3 Whirlwind Hyperios

2 Landraider Crusaders

7th COMPANY

Reserve Company

Captain

Co. Chaplain

Co. Champion

Apothecary

Company Standard Bearer

4 Batle Brothers

Squads

1 Sternguard Tactical Squad

2 Sternguard Tactical Squad

4 Tactical Squad

5 Tactical Squad

6 Tactical Squad

7 Tactical Squad

8Tactical Squad

9 Tactical Squad

10 Tactical Squad

Support

3 Dreadnoughts

Damocles Rhino

10 Rhinos

4 Razorbacks

8th COMPANY

Reserve Company

Captain

Co. Chaplain

Co. Champion

Apothecary

Company Standard Bearer

4 Batle Brothers

Squads

1 Vanguard Assault Squad

2 Vanguard Assault Squad

3 Vanguard Assault Squad

4 Assault Squad

5 Assault Squad

6 Assault Squad

7 Assault Squad

8 Assault Squad

9 Assault Squad

10 Assault Squad

Support

4 Ironclad Dreadnoughts

Damocles Rhino

7 Rhinos

6 Razorbacks

9th COMPANY

Reserve Company

Captain

Co. Chaplain

Co. Champion

Apothecary

Company Standard Bearer

4 Batle Brothers

Squads

1 Devastator

2 Devastator

3 Devastator

4 Devastator

5 Devastator

6 Devastator

7 Devastator

8 Devastator

9 Devastator

10 Devastator

Support

3 Dreadnoughts

Damocles Rhino

10 Rhinos

4 Razorbacks

10th COMPANY

Scout Company

Captain

Co. Chaplain

Scout Squads

Scout Sniper Squads

Scout Bike Squads

Landspeeder Storm Squads

tank squadrons

armored spearhead 1 x Crusader (command vehicle) 2 x Phobos land raiders extra land raiders can be added to suit mission requirement

suppression force 1 land speeder with additional augurs and comms 2- 5 whirlwinds with vengeance and casellan payloads

Predator assassin squadrons 1 predator Annihilator command vehicle 2 predator annihilators

line breaker squadron vindicator command vehicle 2 or more vindicators

+++merged replies+++

1)Grand master Belial i hate you...Because of your ideas with gunships carrying bikes i now want to build one....Gr.....

2)Wouldnt it be great,if we had those pics posted above on presentation style with angels holocaust playing on the backround?

3)I know a guy who started the same endeavor with UM in 2003 i think.He paints even today,he aint finished yet.

Sorry to hear that Brother Immolator. I did work on a design a bit.

I patterned the container to be used with the Thunderhawk Transporter by FW since it can carry two rhinos or a land raider. Using the arm configuration that would carry a Land Raider, stack the Cestus Assault Ram pontoons side by side pointing both to the left and right with a gap around the arms to hold the spacer with the grip block from a land raider (the recessed areas on the quarters).

Container could then be a field expedient command post/apothecarion/repair shop once deployed.

It doesn't help that I'm an engineer.

Someone did model the entire Dark Angels chapter in 40K scale. It was done by games Workshop Italy for their Gamesday, somewhere in 2002-2004 I think. I don't think these images are up anywhere but I managed to save them off the web at that time. Just to give you an idea of the immensity of the task! Enjoy!

Epic... so epic! Do I have a reason to live now?

Archived