Deathwing VS Blood Angels

rotwulf

Deathwing vs Blood Angels

Today I had a friendly game, in a desert environment.

I fielded Belial w/ TH&SS

Venerable Dread w/ X-Armor HF and Plasma Cannon

Command Terminator Squad - Sgt w/ PW SB, 2 w/ PF SB, 1 w/ CML PF SB Banner, 1 Apothecary / CF SB

Terminator Squad 1 - Sgt w/ PW SB, 1 w/ AC PF, 1 w/ CF SB, 2 w / SB PF

Terminator Squad 2 - Same as above

Terminator Squad 3 - Sgt w/ PW SB, 1 w/ CLM SB PF, 1 w/ SB CF, 2 SB PF

Terminator Squad 4 - Sgt w/ TH SS, 1 w/ TH SS, 1 w/ AC CF, 2 w/ LC's

Land Raider w/ X-armor

The Blood Angels player fielded the following

Dante

2 ten man assault squads - sgt fitted with a PF Inferno Pistol 2 MG

2 five man assault squads - sgt fitted with LC's

Storm Raven

5 man stern guard squad all with combi meltas w/ drop pod

Dreadnought w/ HF and TL-HF drop pod

2 five man vanguard squads - 1 pw 1 pf 1 lc

Mission was to take possession of four markers, deployment was spearhead. I won deployment.

I deployed the Land Raider with squad 4 as close to the center as I could, Beliel, his command squad, and the dread on an objective to the right of my deployment zone, and the remaining squads in a skirmish line reaching out to the left of my corner.

His only deployment was the Storm Raven

Turn 1: My shooting was unable to down the storm raven, though it was stunned and shaken several times. His stern guard and dreadnought came in via drop pod, killing my land raider and burning one terminator.

Turn 2: Squad 4 moved forward on the Stern Guard and Squad 2 moved on the dreadnought. Squads 1 and 3 shot at the advancing Storm Raven and only managed to shake it. In assault Squad 4 wiped out the Stern Guard and their drop pod. Squad 2 killed the Dreadnought with no casualties. The Storm Raven was only shaken, again. On his turn Dante and a ten man Assault Squad landed to the left of the field by Squads 1 and 3. A second ten man Assault Squad landed mid field.

Turn 3: Squads 1, 2 and 3 concentrated their fire to bring down half of Dante's squad, which broke and flew away. A missile from Belial's command squad knocked out the Storm Raven. The five man squad inside fell out, only to be assaulted and wiped out by squad 4. On his turn the two vanguard squads came in, as did the remaining five man assault squad. A Vanguard squad assaulted Squad 2, managed to kill three terminators, but was reduced to one man. The second vanguard squad and the midfield vanguard squad assaulted squad 4, who managed to kill the vanguard squad despite loosing 4 terminators.

Turn 4: Squad 3 moved to support Squad 2 in close combat, Squad 1 moved to hold an objective. Belial's squad and the Dreadnought poured fire into Dante's fleeing squad. In the assault phase, the last terminator of Squad 4. On his turn, the remains of the assault squad charged Squad 3, Dante and the rallied squad assaulted to two remaining terminators of squad 2. Squad 3's fight resulted in no wounds to me and only 1 wound back to his squad.

Turn 5: I poured the fire of Squad 1, the Command Squad, and the Dreadnought in to Dante's squad. I only managed to kill a pair of marines, as my opponent placed wounds onto Dante to use his save. In close combat, Squad 3 managed 1 kill for the loss of the sgt. On his turn, Dante's squad moved to shoot Squad 1, who died to the multiple melta guns. The five man Assualt squad he had been hiding jumped out to hold an objective near the dreadnought. Squad 3 finally managed to kill six Assualt Marines and sent the rest fleeing and took off in pursuit.

Turn 6: Squad 3 and the Command Squad poured what fire they could into the newly revealed five man squad, killing all but a pair of them. The squad broke and retreated beyond charge range. On his turn, Dante left his original squad and went to attack the marines of Squad 3. In an incredible display of heroics, Squad 3 made all of their saves and killed the last of the five man squad and sent Dante running, again.

Turn 7: Squad 3 moved to hold one of the objectives and kill the last of the assault marines who could be seen. The dreadnought went to contest another. Dante and one of his Assault Squads, with two marines left, rallied. Dante wiped out Squad 3 in close combat, while the Assault squad failed to wound the dreadnought who killed the powerfist equipped Sgt.

In the end, I held one objective, and he held none.

I am sorry for the confusing description, but I forgot to take my camera with me.

I was surprised how well the terminators fared against his Vanguard and large Assault Squads. What really saved the day was me being able to make my invulnerable saves more often than not. Also, not having to deal with breaking and running helped as well.

Archived