The Crimson Warlords

I guess if I am asking the question then I should I go with my writer's instinct....

Write it, see where it goes. If it doesn't work out there's no harm done but it's always better to keep working on it than not. Sometimes it will give you some inspiration for other areas of the IA, or in this case IT, that you wouldn't have thought of before simply because your mind is working through the issue with you.

I would like to see though a visual representation of these guys, even if it's just a painter image for the moment. Some visual cues are better than none I think.

Mmm, nice colour schemes. They're pretty good!

I personally approve of the first picture, although I think it would looks better with darker (or maybe dark red?) soft armour.

The one with the black torso/red legs is also pretty good. I know both colours are popularly used, but the brassy trim really helps that picture stand out from the crowd.

Top/bottom halving is something I've also been playing with, though I have to say your results far exceed my own in terms of coolness.

Well, traditionally white also had the meaning of evil in literature. I tried to go for a bone color, but I see what you are saying about a darker red color. I was going to match the soft armor to the armor color of the surrounding hard armor. I also want people to instinctively aim for the torso and shoulder pauldrons due to a brighter color. Last, I imagine blood spraying on the white would look awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright... I love my two characters: Viktor Zur, The Sovereign of the Crimson Warlords; and Lord Svarog the Infernal. Both are fallen Loyalists, Imperial Fists and Exorcists respectively. Here lies my problem... My favorite Legion has always been World Eaters. Angron is by far the best (followed by Magnus in close second) fall from grace Primarch. So... how do I merge Crimson Warlords and World Eaters? I want to keep the martial discipline I have going. I know so many young people (sorry fellas) decry "all World Eaters are Berzerkers!!" However, as long as I have been playing World Eaters aren't all Bezerkers, and even in the latest 'Dex they have a short story with a World Eater tactical squad and Khârn. So, how do I go about making Crimson Warlords a World Eater warband?

Thought One:

- In order to survive in the Warp, the Sovereign pledges allegiance to Angron

-- *EDIT* would this be considered weakness?

Thought Two:

- Lord Svarog the Infernal, Daemon Prince of the World Eaters assaults The Dominion. Instead of killing the Sovereign, he makes him pledge fealty to Angron and becomes an Astarte able to go in realspace and create carange so Lord Svarog and his daemon army can run rampant in realspace

-- *EDIT* I don't think this would happen because it would be weakness, and Khorne is displeased by weakness.

Thought 3:

- ??????

Thanks in advance.

Edited by RagingGriffon

So, how do I go about making Crimson Warlords a World Eater warband?
As easy as 1-2-3, take them back to Skalathrax and have Lord Zur be one of the World Eaters that didn't want to follow Khârn against the Emperor's Children, Not out of cowardice, but maybe because he saw an opportunity for more skulls elsewhere (the nearby civilian hab blocks, or even better, other World Eaters' skulls). Which begs the question, does he have to be a fallen loyalist? couldn't he just have gathered fallen loyalists (especially kindred spirits like the Paragons) around him, while being an original World Eater himself?

Alternatively, and in keeping with what you've created already, maybe have Augustus (and later Zur) come across the written works of the remembrancers/or one of the more lucid World Eaters, from the days of the Great Crusade?

Let his (unhealthy) fascination lead him to Khorne.

Just throwing some ideas out there, who knows, maybe they will birth completely different ideas.

Man, Nihm popped out of the shadows. It's like he is a Night Lord or something :P

I appreciate the ideas. I could roll with Viktor Zur being an original World Eater and he shunned Khârn. He has then acquired followers over time, including Svarog who is a potent daemonologist due to his Exorcist background.

Well, time to re-write. I guess I can say one thing I am learning here that is good for my Masters... reworks and new drafts aren't bad :P

Overall, I like it! The military bearing makes a nice change from the stereotype of RAGHBLARGHBLOODKILL that seems to have entrenched itself so firmly in the minds of the general readership.

They sound like quite the impressive warband, what with having whole regiments of guardsmen and titans at their control. I should like to see the first few models on their completion.

Od.

• 4 years later...