New Girl Space Pup, Reporting In!

Hey all, long time reader but thought I better make a post here so you all know what I'm about!

My boyfriend has been a 40k player for years and introduced me to it earlier last year, whilst I originally rolled my eyes at his toy soldier shenanigans, I soon became interested with all the fluff and fun that he and his friends shared, so I decided to be a 40k player!

First I used the orks that came with the box, but I switched as soon as the new space wolves came out, some would say it was the thought of 7ft tall muscular blonde haired blue eyed manly men in uniform, I like to say it was the tactical options they presented. *cough* :)

Anyways, more about me!

I'm 20, with my long term boyfriend, and have a thirst for killing Tau, Necrons and Tyranids!

I haven't done any painting yet but I've played a lot of games and have dabbled in Gorkamorka and Blood Bowl.

I have a smallish army basically the Battleforce, The space marines from the box set and a terminator box set.

And I have news, last week I bought my first ever tank!!!

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3949/whirly.jpg

My main opponent is my boyfriends Tau, so I figured a pie template that ignores AP4 couldn't hurt! :P

Anyway, hello to you all, oh and here is my shiny new tank put together!

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3227/sowwydex.jpg

I had a bit of trouble with the Whirlwind launchers, they didn't seem to fit together properly, but it was probably just me being rubbish ;)

Take care x x x

Welcome to the hobby.

It's always great fun to see how this nerdy past time can corrupt even the most hardcore hater (my wife is the perfect example) into loving the whole aspect of the game.

I can only feel sorry for your boyfriend, when you break his Tau spine. (For the Greater Good of course) :D

Huh well thats somthing you dont see every day. May I say welcome and be the first to say that, that is a nice rack.....of missiles you got on that whirlwind.

(I am so dead but someone had to make that joke I'm sorry, dont hurt me.)

Only reason others haven't made the joke, is because we're cowards. :)

My wife did ask me what the pictures had to do with Warhammer 40k. She did NOT even notice the tank. :)

Oh boy ya'll sure excel at opening your mouths to insert your feet, not one mind you, but BOTH.

Ah well, Wolves dont do anything halfway, just look at poor ole Haegr of the Wolfblade.... May he rejoin our lot at the Wolftime.

Anyways, its good to see another new player, regardless of sex. I myself debated investing in this hobby for nearly a year before the wife told me do go ahead and do so. I was scared to spend the kind of money that was involved, but a friend was parting with his army and gave it to me - sans strings. $400 bucks worth as a matter of fact.

Having more players involved in the hobby only guarantees its future. Male and female, as long as they love it, and keep the ole greenback river flowing to GW we all win, though some of us will be slightly poorer in the end. LOL

The wife wont get involved in the hobby, she just isnt that into it, but she enjoys seeing me enjoy it and getting excited over something that isnt work/kids related. It also gives her a couple of hours of peace without me underfoot on the weekends.

Innocentz: Are Tau much of a challenge? I havent faced them yet.

I have fought Orks and Chaos Space Marines until distraction, Tyranids twice, Renegade Imp Guard once (took their tanks and turned the table into a parking lot LMAO-STILL), Daemons once, Necrons once (tied them). Most of these battles took place with my old Ultramarines third company army. I have now redone the entire lot as Space Wolves of Ragnars Great Company and cant wait to get to a table with them. I have also played against vanilla marines and both Dark/Blood Angels. Havent seen a single Imperial Fist Army yet, starting to wonder why....

Space Wolves and their novels are what got my attention to this hobby. I did the Ultra thing until I was sure my painting skills could handle the challenge and here I am.

Welcome to the hobby and of course to the Fang. Pull up a bench and help yourself to some ale. Stop by the Space Wolves section and introduce yourself. All Blood Claws are welcome.

Thanks everyone!

Interesting place to show off your erm.. modelling talents?
Huh well thats somthing you dont see every day. May I say welcome and be the first to say that, that is a nice rack.....of missiles you got on that whirlwind.
My wife did ask me what the pictures had to do with Warhammer 40k. She did NOT even notice the tank. :P

I try to avoid the whole "OMG ur so not a gurl !!!1111" posts by being upfront first, and besides a 'lil cleavage never hurt anyone!

And Howland, nobody had to make the joke. That's why you were the only one to make it.

It's only a joke, I laughed ;)

I'm not thin skinned you guys let rip! x

thats a nice pic though...:)

Thanks, both my pics taken last week, I'll take some more this weekend when I play my bf x

Innocentz: Are Tau much of a challenge? I havent faced them yet.

Welcome to the hobby and of course to the Fang. Pull up a bench and help yourself to some ale. Stop by the Space Wolves section and introduce yourself. All Blood Claws are welcome.

The Tau are a walkover, we're actually going over some house rules for the 'Dex to help keep them up to scratch!

I kinda said hello with my questions thread, I don't want my ass all over your Forum, I'll try to be less annoying :P

I try to avoid the whole "OMG ur so not a gurl !!!1111" posts by being upfront first, and besides a 'lil cleavage never hurt anyone!

You see, even though you have pictures of cleavage and tanks (good mix tbh), I still don't believe you are a "gurl". Dunno why, but would a girl refer to the codex as the "dex" and talk of pie templates that ignores AP4?..

Maybe I'm just overly cynical and refuse to believe that anyone on the internet is female.

Not annoying at all. The only way for a Blood Claw to survive long enough to become a Grey Hunter is to ask questions, well, one of the ways anyway....

lol

Uh well, based upon the advanced age of some of our members, self included, a lil cleavage could induce a coma or two. Maybe even a coronary. Perhaps even an occasional overdose. Of what, I refuse to say....

Those of you out there whom this applies to, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

LMAO

You are an inspiration to us all, If you can turn to the hobby then maybe I can get my girlfriend to do the same, she tried to mock me in front of her dad when talking about my model soldiers, he wanted to know more instead, score one for the space puppies ;)

As a relatively new member here welcome to the Fang! These are some of the friendliest and most helpful folk I've spoken to in a long time!

You see, even though you have pictures of cleavage and tanks (good mix tbh), I still don't believe you are a "gurl". Dunno why, but would a girl refer to the codex as the "dex" and talk of pie templates that ignores AP4?..

Or maybe she is more of a geek than she cares to let on! ^_^

Ahhh a girl! Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! Ahem, welcome to this addiction! Good choice and we share something; i love to kill Tau too!

My bf likes to go on about how his warriors are the best at long range fire, but my return fire is usually more devastating squad to squad! ^_^

Maybe I'm just overly cynical and refuse to believe that anyone on the internet is female.

I'm a member of another 40K forum and have been in the hobby for about a year or just over so I know what I'm on about generally :P

mebbe if i talked leik this in pretty pink colr and said "omg the ork squigs r soo ocuuuute" wuld be mre 2 ur likin? ;)

You are an inspiration to us all, If you can turn to the hobby then maybe I can get my girlfriend to do the same, she tried to mock me in front of her dad when talking about my model soldiers, he wanted to know more instead, score one for the space puppies ^_^

As a relatively new member here welcome to the Fang! These are some of the friendliest and most helpful folk I've spoken to in a long time!

Thanks, I gotta admit I was kinda "Oh noes I'm datin' a nerd!" when I saw his collection, but I soon came round especially after how much fun he and the guys have! :D

Pfff! Who cares if she is really a girl, she kills tau! That is by far more important.

@OP: Welcome to the hobby and this most delightful forum. My main opponent is Tau as well, I'd be interested in hearing these 'house rules' you mentioned.

mebbe if i talked leik this in pretty pink colr and said "omg the ork squigs r soo ocuuuute" wuld be mre 2 ur likin? ^_^

That only proves that pink is only for the other side *cough Slaanesh cough* ^_^

And Howland, nobody had to make the joke. That's why you were the only one to make it.

It's only a joke, I laughed :D

I'm not thin skinned you guys let rip! x

Ah well, just a reaction - I was taught respect when I was... younger.

Not 'thin skinned'? Good, too many people I know are already ;)

Well, let me just say welcome to the hobby and welcome to our little forum/ boards. I think its pretty awesome that there are female nerds out there. There is one at my local game store, she works there and is into the Nids.... does a great job painting them, and is looking to make some money by comission painting armies. The guy I usually plays with, his wife plays with us from time to time, but she has been doing a lot more video gaming lately.

Whats the secret? My GF refuses to paint miniatures, even though she's really into sculpting, media, nail art... and all that yadda yadda... really art based, never tried miniatures tho. So annoying! =p

Ahhh a girl! Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! Ahem, welcome to this addiction! Good choice and we share something; i love to kill Tau too!

My bf likes to go on about how his warriors are the best at long range fire, but my return fire is usually more devastating squad to squad! ;)

I'm a member of another 40K forum and have been in the hobby for about a year or just over so I know what I'm on about generally :P

mebbe if i talked leik this in pretty pink colr and said "omg the ork squigs r soo ocuuuute" wuld be mre 2 ur likin? ;)

You are an inspiration to us all, If you can turn to the hobby then maybe I can get my girlfriend to do the same, she tried to mock me in front of her dad when talking about my model soldiers, he wanted to know more instead, score one for the space puppies ^_^

Thanks, I gotta admit I was kinda "Oh noes I'm datin' a nerd!" when I saw his collection, but I soon came round especially after how much fun he and the guys have! :D

HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm not going to lie reading this thread has made me laugh so hard I cried

Let me say welcome to the B&C and more importantly welcome to the Fang (slides a tankard of ale over) its always nice to have a new pup in our hallowed halls, especially one whos not afraid to bare her......fangs ;) hahahaha

And I just want to add that I got my gf of 4 years into the hobby. At first she just thought it was my dorky little hobby that was so cute but then she really got into it and now is a regular gamer with an SoB and a Slaanesh daemon army. We all have a nerdy side to us and only the brave people are able to admit it

When I saw this thread this morning I pounded on my mouse because I thought it was my girlfriend to whom I referred here a few days ago. XD Oh well, I guess she'll wait a bit, and she'll probably be more of a lurker like me.

And I'd put my throat at risk by say the emperor's lap dogs are quite thin skinned, so easy to goad into traps. ^_^

Archived