Ravenwing Pre Heresy Insignia

ItsPug

Just a quick question,

Would a pre-heresy Ravenwing type unit have used the current Ravenwing insignia as we know it today or simply the normal winged sword emblem?

Thanks

Did the ravenwing enev exist pre-heresy? I don't actually know, but seeing as they are deployed to track the fallen i have a feeling they were formed after the destruction of Caliban. If that is the case, then pre-heresy Dark Angel bikers would have been part of the company structure and worn the same red winged sword as everyone else.

Just speculation, i'm sure somebody knows the answer! :cry:

Al

"Call of the Lion" feautures a chaptermaster that is a member of the Order of the Ravens Wing. This seems to be the origin of the Ravenwing. His symbol is described as a quartered shield in white and blue with the traditional sword held in the grib of a taloned foot. So I guess all members of the Order of the Ravens Wing carried that symbol, but Í think their organisation must have been very different from the way they are today. It seems like they worked as some kind of intern police, being the Lions eyes and ears, and securing that everything went according to plan.

Hope this helps :D

In the book Decent of Angels they talk about the ravenwing as being the elite calvary of the Calibanite Knightly Orders. Although they never talk about the logo they used. At least not as I can recall. So they did indeed exists pre-heresy. Technically pre-Dark Angels. Lol. Anyway I really can't tell you what logo they'd have, but I would guess it was the same as it is now. The winged hand gripping the sword.

His symbol is described as a quartered shield in white and blue with the traditional sword held in the grib of a taloned foot.

I don't recall if he wore that in place of the DA symbol or in conjunction with the DA symbol. I almost think he still wore the standard legion symbol though and the RW symbol may have been on his other shoulder - can anyone confirm?

In addition, it was noted, that though he still wore black armor like all pre-heresy DA, at least one pad inlay (trim excluded) was the dark green in honor of Caliban.

Why they would stop that, I don't know - I think I might actually start painting my RW with one/both green shoulder(s).

Archived