Ravenwing Landspeeders

Brother iKon

Thanks thats what I thought,

Now what if a ravenwing landspeeder is brought as part of a ravenwing attack squad that is outflanking?

Don't they deploy at the same time?

Also do other players allow you to deep strike with your ravenwing landspeeders anyway since the SM codex ones do and they are cheaper?

As codex says, only bikes and attack bikes get scout/ outflank. Speeder is bought as part of squad but it is deployed separately.

As for your other question.. depends on gaming group, some allow DS some don't. Personally I don't find DS that useful for speeders so I don't "bother" my gaming group.

Also do other players allow you to deep strike with your ravenwing landspeeders anyway since the SM codex ones do and they are cheaper?

Well this is house rules, so if you house rule it, then anything can be done. If you don't house rule it, just because SM codex can do it dosn't mean we can. That would be saying just becaus DA can have an all Termie force, UM should be able to do it then as well. DA have a different codex for a reason, to be different. If you think that DA should be able to do it because SM can then use the SM codex and play Green SM then.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but this has been debated and fought over for years and it's a sore spot for many people. If you want to play DA, use the DA codex. If your group or your opponent will let you mix and match 2 codii together, then great, this game is for fun after all, but if you plan on playing someone you never met before, it is considered very poor sportmanship to be using 2 codex.

So either play DA, or Green SM or SM codex but 'counts as' Dark Angels, but please stick to one codex for random pick up games agaisnt strangers. But if you have friends or a group that allows it, then go for it if they let you.

One more thing, just because the SM is cheaper don't fret over it, it's only a game. I can see how foolish I looked when I use to scream cry and roll over because the SM had cheaper and better rules. Don't worry about it. You love DA, then play DA. If using a different codex makes you have more fun then do it. Just let your opponent know that you are playing as DA but using a different codex.

cool thanks for the feed back, Sorry HsojVvad didn't mean to get you fired up and bring all that bitter resentment to the fore, I was just wondering if the common consensus was that it had been acidentally ommited from the DA codex.

Personally i have not been too concerned with deep striking landspeeders but i am now thginking about doing it for spearhead not sure weather i want to use seek and destroy or skyfall spearhead yet. but a bunch of deepstriking multimeltas turning up behind a tank line cauold cause some chaos

I wasn't fired up, just not good with my words. you didn't upset me at all my friend. Sorry if I came out that way, I didn't mean to. No harm done there, but was just trying to warn you that suggesting using two codecii can become very heated.

So how do you play? With friends, in a group or against strangers? If it's with a group of friends, then ask them and see what their take is on it. Maybe even agree to one of thier wishes at another time.

If deep striking landspeeders is your wish, and you play agaisnt strangers, have 2 lists. Ask your opponent if you can do it, and if he dosn't agree, then go to your back up list.

As an addition to everyone elses answers note that the only true Codex DA RW speeder than can deep strike is Sammy's.

Of course just to throw a spanner in the works, both the generic Tempest and standard LS Squadrons from IA2 (that we can legally take as part of a DA force) can deep strike too :yes:.

Cheers

I

Putting aside what Isiah said for the moment, think of the Ravenwing acting as fulfilling their role as long range scouts. They will have been deployed for a while and so will be avoiding attention and 'flying' at ground level rather than being dropped from on high.

That's the way I like to justify it anyway!

Archived