Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tapatalk for Smartphone Users

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

GhostHand

GhostHand

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 121 posts
http://www.tapatalk.com/

This is a great application for mobile devices - it makes reading forums through those devices incredibly easy to do. It is free for forum admins to install (and quite easy).

Any chance we could get it on the B&C forums? It allows me to take my forum surfing addiction with me....

Thanks!

Carl
Host of The Independent Characters 40k Podcast

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,582 posts
When we upgrade to 3.x later this summer there is a mobile skin built into the interface.

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed

Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Selling off the PILE OF SHAME! Links to my ebay page for everything that is going up over the next 10 days:
Kurgan's Pile of Shame auctions

Chaplain Mecurio

Chaplain Mecurio

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts
I would love to see the b&c on tapatalk. I really wish you guys would consider adding the plugin.
The uniforms of the Imperial Guard are camouflaged in order to protect their wearers by hiding them from sight.
The principle is that what the enemy cannot see he cannot kill. This is not the way of the Adeptus Astartes. A Space Marine’s armour is bright with heraldry that proclaims his devotion to his Chapter and the beloved Emperor of Mankind. Our principle is that what the enemy can see, he will soon learn to fear…

+++ Chaplain Aston, 10th Company, Fire Hawks Chapter +++

Brother Saturnus

Brother Saturnus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts

I would love to see the b&c on tapatalk. I really wish you guys would consider adding the plugin.

Yes, Im with you 100% i would adore the ability to more easily navigate on my BB.
-

"The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly."

-Qualtak Shoran

Chaplain Mecurio

Chaplain Mecurio

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts
Just checked, it is compatible with IPboard, so it's just a matter of begging enough to get it or getting the banhammer. ;)
The uniforms of the Imperial Guard are camouflaged in order to protect their wearers by hiding them from sight.
The principle is that what the enemy cannot see he cannot kill. This is not the way of the Adeptus Astartes. A Space Marine’s armour is bright with heraldry that proclaims his devotion to his Chapter and the beloved Emperor of Mankind. Our principle is that what the enemy can see, he will soon learn to fear…

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,549 posts
Looked at it ... interesting .. small problem however

Invision Power Board (IPB) 3.0.x

We are currently on 2.6

If we upgrade to v3 ... mobile support is part of the package anyway ... so no need again.

Not looking likely.
Brother Argos

Brother Argos stepped forward into the reflected light of the schematic. The Techmarine went unhooded. The left portion of his face was framed with a steel plate, the snarling image of a Salamander seared into it as an honour marking. Burn scars from the Brander-Priests wreathed his skin in whorls and bands. A Bionic eye gleamed coldly in contrast to the burning red of his own.

When he spoke, his voice was deep and metallic.

- Heroes of the Space Marines - Fires of War : Pg 190

Iron Hands - A new beginning

Chaplain Mecurio

Chaplain Mecurio

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts
D'oh! Didn't see the version requirement. :D Still, it would be good to have as many of the forums I frequent all in one spot on my phone. I don't want to push my luck by being annoying about it, but other than installing the plugin, there is no other issues on your end, but for at least 3 members, it would make visiting a little easier. Plus, tapatalk uses less of my battery then my browser does, even on a mobilized sure. With that said, I'll still hold out and hope that once the site haas been updated to the newest version that you'll cave in and hook us up. ;) Thanks for your time, guys, I appreciate it.

Gothminion

Gothminion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 0 posts
I agree - tapatalk is a really good application, and even if there is a mobile interface tapatalks one is incredibly good. You can post, view pictures, do most things and more!

TrentL

TrentL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 368 posts
The only reason I'm not on this forum more is because its not on Tapatalk. Love that program, I'll hold out to see what the mobile features of v3 your saying are though. I like having all my 40k Forums in 1 app!!

Commander Sasha

Commander Sasha

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,088 posts
May I add one more vote for a B&C phone app please? I am ignorant of the ways of these things, but would cheerfully pay up to £10 for an iPhone app!
My Marine army is of mixed gender, mixed manufacturer, but a uniformly low standard of painting.
I am a light-hearted player who likes to run with silly or funny ideas, but abhors causing offence; please bear this in mind when discussing.
Peace, love and harmony. And Grimdark.

Also playing the Skavenids: Skaven models, Tyranids codex.

I may be wrong.

verpine

verpine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 603 posts
A b&c app is a bit much to ask, but a mobile version of the site would be great. I visit the site more on my iTouch than the computer.

JasoX

JasoX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts

The only reason I'm not on this forum more is because its not on Tapatalk. Love that program, I'll hold out to see what the mobile features of v3 your saying are though. I like having all my 40k Forums in 1 app!!

^ what he said

Flesh is weak

Jeffy.Gee

Jeffy.Gee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 269 posts
I'm going to go ahead and throw my vote in for this too and say that I'd really appreciate having the BnC on tapatalk too. Or at least a valid explanation why not.

JG
QUOTE (Brother Nihm @ Jan 24 2011, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But wait, because it is Chaos it HAS to be random, right?

*foams at the mouth*

There, all better now.

QUOTE (-Max- @ Oct 20 2011, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Night Lords - end up as slave, live rest of my life in Wayne Manor constantly fearing that Master Bruce will come home and skin me alive.

Krakev

Krakev

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts
I'm not even using Tapatalk yet, B&C would be the tipping point for me to go and install it.

KJB

KJB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,632 posts
I'll be honest, I have no idea what your all talking about

B&C works fine on my Laptop and iPhone without having to pay to download a new app

nurglez

nurglez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts

I'll be honest, I have no idea what your all talking about

B&C works fine on my Laptop and iPhone without having to pay to download a new app

Got a HTC phone with android, works fine for me.

Bartali

Bartali

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,902 posts

]

I find I'm spending more and more time on Warseer now because it works so well with Tapatalk. Any update on the upgrade to v3 ?

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,582 posts
Long and short of it is that upgrading to 3.x will require a new server. The software and the server load just from visitors requires more beef than what we have (we are WAAAAY over projections for traffic for this year).

Argos was going to be starting a donation drive here soon to raise the necessary funds so keep an eye out for that. If you don't want to wait for the post you can do a search for "donations" and you should find a thread in each forum and you can use that link there or you can contact me via PM or Argos via PM.

*EDIT: Found the link http://www.bolterand...howtopic=159894

Edited by Kurgan the Lurker, 07 December 2011 - 05:08 PM.

Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed

Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Selling off the PILE OF SHAME! Links to my ebay page for everything that is going up over the next 10 days:

alphariusomegon20

alphariusomegon20

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 142 posts

]

I find I'm spending more and more time on Warseer now because it works so well with Tapatalk. Any update on the upgrade to v3 ?

Same here.

The only time I even check B&C anymore is when I'm at home on the desktop.
[size=4][color=#008000][b]"[i]And the Angels of Darkness descended on pinions of fire and light... the great and terrible dark angels.[/i]"[/b][/color][/size]

[img=http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/satanaka4711/DA_ICONS1.gif]

FerociousBeast

FerociousBeast

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,273 posts
+1 ditto. Not only do I rarely visit this forum when on my desktop or laptop, I rarely browse the web at all without either my iPhone or windows phone. My PCs are rapidly becoming my work tools while my phones are for play.

I also find myself going to warseer more lately because they're so easy to get to in tapatalk.

(written with my iPhone)
Dark Angel Codex Project:
Project Redemption/Project Unforgiven: The Bolter & Chainsword Dark Angel Forum's effort towards updating the Unforgiven

FB's Greatest Hits:
My Beef with Codex Space Marines: Constructive criticism and proposed solutions
Fear and the Fearless: Just what do the Dark Angels and their primarch fear?
The Role of Terminator Squads in Codex: Space Marines: An analysis

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,582 posts
Nothing we can do till the server upgrade and then upgrade to 3.x is done.

Kurgan's Twitter Feed

Kurgan's FaceBook Page

Fully Painted

Fully Painted

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
So how much do you need to raise? Would it be possible to get a status update? I just heard of this forum from a friend, but I almost exclusively use tapatalk.
FullyPainted.blogspot.com

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,582 posts
You are always free to donate if you like.

http://www.bolterand...howtopic=245027

The issue right now is Brother Argos (owner and tech priest of the B&C) is having some health issues (you can find his posts about that here and over on Warseer) that probably won't be resolved until the end of May at the earliest. Once that is taken care of to a satisfactory degree we can upgrade the box, the software and all that and look at putting tapatalk as part of the platform.

Kurgan's Twitter Feed

Kurgan's FaceBook Page

Blenk87

Blenk87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts

Since the update is all but completed what is the possibility of getting the forum made available for use on Tapatalk?

Apologies for resurrecting a very old thread but thought best to post here than start a new one.

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,582 posts
The update is not all but completed. The gallery and blogs still need repair. The librarium has to be installed and the articles moved back. We still have to migrate to the new server as well. All of which is contingent on Argos recovering from multiple eye surgeries.

Kurgan's Twitter Feed

Kurgan's FaceBook Page