Landspeeder Configurations

Lithanial

Back in the day the assault cannon, HB was popular but with 5th edition and higher costs this configuration is pretty much gone. Landspeeders should always be moving more the 6" to ensure that they are not hit on 4+ in CC and should always be taking advantage of cover for a 4+ cover save. Occasionally the flat out move is handy too.

I also believe that you should always have 2 weapons on the speeder.

My favourite combos are Multi Melta/ Heavy Flamer (Great tank hunter and nice redundant weapon at a nice price) and the Typhoon/ HB (Great for tank hunting with the ML's or punishing infantry with the HB and frag missiles. This combo is a bit more expensive but has the advantage of superior range.)

QFT. THough I play wolves, when I run speeders I usually use one of these two set ups he listed above, depending on mission:

Close Range Anti-Tank (and if needed horde control) - HF/MM

Long Range Anti-Tank - HB/TML

If I use a HB/TML he'll usually float around my backfield with my Long Fangs and pour out krak missiles. At 2000 points, I can effectively put out 12 krak missiles a turn aimed at up to 5 different targets. It's fire saturation.

If you're intending to use them to screen your Stormraven, I think you should take a look at how you're going to use that unit. If you're going to rush in and unload an assualt squad, I think multi-meltas is a must in order to crack open transports so that assualt squad can do it's job. If you're going to use it as a mobile gunship, you should look at longer ranged options.

Hi, I'm a beginner and I'm planning to use LS in my 1500 points army list. I can only spend 140 points in them so there is not much choice. What would you suggest, 2x MM+HF; 2x MM+HB or one of each? I would use them separately as I'm not taking any more fast attack.

I leave here the list so you experienced players can evaluate everything:

:HQ:

Reclusiarch (130)

B)

RAS, 2x MG, PF (235)

RAS, 2x MG, PF (235)

Tac squad, ML, Flamer, Rhino (220)

Death company, PF, IP, PW, Dakka Razorback (245)

:)

LS, MM, ¿?

LS, MM, ¿?

:HS:

Vindicator

Any suggestion, change i should make or whatever? Do you think this will be a fun list to play?

Thanks a lot!

The MM/HF used to be my favorite but these days (if I actually use a Speeder) I'm running mostly HB/TML. I can engage any target type I want without getting in range of any S4 basic weapons they may have. So moving 12" and laying a Heavy Bolter and a pair of Frag Missiles into an infantry target or a pair of Krak Missiles into armored targets is very satisfying.

You have a fair bit of anti-tank but not much shooting so i would probably go 1 with HB/TML and a second with just HB in one squadron since you are tight on points. 6 HB rounds and 2 missiles is not too shabby plus you can load up the cheaper plain HB speeder with the damaging hits.

Archived