Angels of Vengeance Decals

Kotobuki

So, a while ago on of my hard drives died, and I lost a lot of work. Some of it was some AOV decals I'd made (or was in the middle of making). I recently re-did all my work, and then some. I've made a decal sheet with more than enough decals to outfit an entire Tactical company, 70 Terminators (with numbers for all 20 squads), 55 Scouts (with various squad numbers), numbers for all the shoulder pads of the entire 2nd Co., and a handful of slightly larger number decals for vehicles of any type (the square decals). There's also a handful of 5th Co. markings for vehicles. I didn't make any Company logos for the 2nd Co. as I'll be using the embossed RavenWing pads for them. The Teminators (as well as appropriately sized decals for all Sergeants) use a modified AoV logo as seen on the below terminators. These are meant to be printed on white decal paper, hence the black around all the designs. If you want, you can download the Illustrator file here. If you don't have Illustrator, or something that will let you open .AI files, I've also made a 600dpi JPG image you can D/L here if you'd like. (It is 10MB+, so it might take some time.) There's extras of everything in there, in case you mess up one of the decals. Hopefully this can help some of you AOV players out.

http://home.comcast.net/~kotobuki99/wh40k/dw_cs_11.jpg

Edited by Kotobuki

You could add them to the existing sets we have here at the B&C if you want:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...amp;showfile=33

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...amp;showfile=97

you would need to submit them for approval. Mind that if the file is over 2 meg you need to use the LINK TO option rather than the UPLOAD option.

Is there any reference for their emblem having a sword through it?

Nope. I just liked that the Deathwing had their own logo, which I was planning on using for my Terminators. Currently my Sergeants are wearing the embossed DA Broken Sword shoulderpads, so I thought I'd throw in the sword in the background as a nod. Since DA Sergeants and the Deathwing wear the same type of icon, I figured I'd do the same with my guys. I had planned on making embossed pads for everyone, but I just wasn't happy with the quality of what I was coming up with, so I thought this was a better plan. There's enough of the embossed RW pads in the battleforce box that they'll be getting those still.

Great work Kotobuki ;). I'd certainly take Kurgan's advice and get them up into the Librarium.

I like the idea of the sword behind the AOVs 'Deathwing' – a neat idea that is a subtle link to their parent company in the DA.

Cheers

I

Great work Kotobuki :). I'd certainly take Kurgan's advice and get them up into the Librarium.

I like the idea of the sword behind the AOVs 'Deathwing' – a neat idea that is a subtle link to their parent company in the DA.

Cheers

I

Yes, I also like this. The DW use their own icons, there is no reason that the 1st companies of the successors might not also have something to stand out from the other companies.

On a side note, you may want to save that .AI file as a PDF. They are still just as editable in Illustrator and people will see them come up in their browser.

Edited by EPK

I've tried a couple times with some different settings to save it as a .PDF but whenever I do, it converts the black to a dark grey. That, of course, sort of defeats the purpose of having the black background on them. Any tips, or ideas?

I've tried a couple times with some different settings to save it as a .PDF but whenever I do, it converts the black to a dark grey. That, of course, sort of defeats the purpose of having the black background on them. Any tips, or ideas?

Have you tried going to Preferences > Appearance of Black and setting to Rich Black for exporting? It could simply be a screen color thing, so changing that setting will make it view on screen as dark as possible yet not actually change the color value, so it will print black no matter what.

Well then... It would seem you are correct. This is what I get for just assuming. In that case, I guess I'll go ahead and throw up the .PDF here. And I'll probably cross post this over in the decals forum. Now if I could get my computer to stop crapping out when I try to print high quality, that'd be great, so I can actually use them myself.

I've got them set up for letter sized (8.5"x11") paper. There's a number of suppliers that make paper in this size. Of course, the other day I finally managed to get to a printer to get a test print done, and didn't care for the red. So I changed the color a little, and it works much better now. I need to see if I can get them to change the file to my updated version.