Pre-Heresy/Heresy Era Ultramarines 4th (Grand) Company

Despite the whole "poster boy" outlook people have on the ultramarines, i've always had a soft spot for them, i will say 2 things 1. you painting is just as impressive as your sculpting so theres no foul there, 2. Brother Celsus and similar Brethren their helmets (upon inspection of the horus heresy art books) faceplate should be yellow not blue. As cool as the blue looks i think they would be more authentic and tying with the heresy look of the Ultra's, beyond that good work keep it up and i hope to see more in the future.

Thanks dude, I do worry that because I focus so much more on sculpting my painting suffers. I really should pick up a brush soon! :D

With regards to the yellow faceplates, I disagree. I looked at my heresy artbook and I found a few examples of where they are left blue. Visually, I don't want to tit about with too many colours on my marines, and leaving them blue is good to that end. Especially when the trim is going to be green, remember.

Thanks again!

Capt. Jack

Thanks dude, I do worry that because I focus so much more on sculpting my painting suffers. I really should pick up a brush soon! :ph34r:

With regards to the yellow faceplates, I disagree. I looked at my heresy artbook and I found a few examples of where they are left blue. Visually, I don't want to tit about with too many colours on my marines, and leaving them blue is good to that end. Especially when the trim is going to be green, remember.

Thanks again!

Capt. Jack

Oh right thats perfectly fine, i forgot they were 4th company, yes it would look strange with to many colours on these guys i do agree, i really wanna see at least one guy finished as im really enjoying your miniatures atm

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Havne't updated in a while so thought I'd upload just a snippet of what I've been working recently.

This is brother Aias of my Praetorians. He still needs some work on the waist, the thicken it up, I need to add some depth to the loincloth, add some rivets to the shinpads and finally clean everything up. Hope you like!

gallery_29868_5044_1379991.jpg

gallery_29868_5044_668475.jpg

gallery_29868_5044_433345.jpg

gallery_29868_5044_2185046.jpg

C&C welcome!

Capt. Jack

I have to start off by saying that I do not usually like Ultramarines, something about them having four special characters compared to the one per some of the other chapters.

That said, these are some absolutely ******* fantastic models, I tip my hat to you sir for your amazing and incredibly inspiring work.

Few questions though, where is Captain Crassus's helmet from? To me it looks like a Mark VI helmet with the beak shaved off and a little sculpting work to raise the front up to the brow? Also, how does the Sevrin Loth Eagle shoulder pad shape up compared to normal marine shoulder pads?

Looks great, all of this. One Q, tough: The blades for your TDA polearms, were are they from? They seem so long and nice, perfect for my Alpha Legion. =D

- Natanael

Koran, a close friend of mine irl, took the axe 'blade encarmine' from the Sanguinary Guard sprue, lengthened the blade, then molded and casted them. I then added a couple of detials like the counterweight and spike, and here we have a pretty devestating looking weapon!

As for the helm, it is indeed from the Sevrin Loth box, but with the scorpion details taken off and a plume added. I find the shoulderpads work a treat too, especially since the detailing is superb.

Capt. Jack

Hey all!

Thought I'd tinker around with Gaius, and this is what I've come up with!

@ Koran: I understand what you mean, though I'm trying to make him look stationary, though it doesn't show from the pics! And I've changed the staff, though I like the idea of an inbuilt psychic hood in the helmet. And also the right (his right) shoulderpad - I've added the Librarium skull, hope it looks good (if a little blurry!)

Otherwise, you can see I've done the shoulder seal with GS, and there are further details (rivets) on the knee pads.

gallery_29868_5044_2973153.jpg

gallery_29868_5044_526718.jpg

gallery_29868_5044_3060143.jpg

(Sorry for bluriness!)

gallery_29868_5044_3185907.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!

Capt. Jack

Hot damn! Please please please give us a pic of this Libby fully painted!

Looks great, all of this. One Q, tough: The blades for your TDA polearms, were are they from? They seem so long and nice, perfect for my Alpha Legion. =D

- Natanael

Koran, a close friend of mine irl, took the axe 'blade encarmine' from the Sanguinary Guard sprue, lengthened the blade, then molded and casted them. I then added a couple of detials like the counterweight and spike, and here we have a pretty devestating looking weapon!

Lucky you :P They look really good, anyway!

- Natanael

hey mate ~smiles~ i finally managed to take a look at your work! ~grins~ you put me to shame ~smiles~ WOW!!! love all the conversations equally and have nothing other to say than i hope you had a truly memorable xmas and i wish you and your lady the best in 2011 drop by and catch up anytime ok. itll be good to see your models in the flesh, and remember our epic converting sessions at the old flat??? good times ~smiles~

see you soon fellow Battle Battle-Brother

Exsellsior!!!

INDEDICATO IMPERATUM SUPERNE ULTRA ARTICULO MORTIS**

**(for the Imperium above and beyond the point of death)

looking really good its nice to see your use of the different FW I have been kicking around some model Ideas that including using both of the kits I see you using so its nice to see them being put to so much good use.

I will admit I didn't read all the posts but do you biggerize the termies to just correct the squad leg syndrome they have?

I like what I see please keep it coming!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived