Rogan's Ultramarines

Rogan

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2676/mikers0001.jpg

Noticed your sketch above. You may or may not already know of this, but for the servo arm, this bit could work quite nicely - Chaos Space Marine Chirugeon Backpack.

On a site note, though I have done it myself, I'm not a fan of the apothecaries equipment being attached to his powerfist. Seems odd to put sensitive equipment of that nature onto something made for bashing. Of course the fist is encased in a energy field, so unless there is a malfunction during said bashing, I suppose the Apothecaries equipment is safe.

@ MagicMan: I get the "OT" thingy, but what do you mean by "slightly"? Just kidding ^^

To be honest, I don't have a clue. When I bought my current machine, I installed it just for fun, and, vista 64 home premium be praised, after using the compatibility mode, it just worked. Never saw it running on XP or vista 32, though...

@ EPK: I know this. That's actually the bit I tried to draw up there ;-)

You're right, a smashing device sure couldn't be the right mount for such equipment, but there is a thread somewhere around here where they discuss how a power fist should be used. They considered it to be a crushing and ripping device, and as such, it would even be a handy addition to the apothecary's tools.

@ EPK: I know this. That's actually the bit I tried to draw up there ;-)

You're right, a smashing device sure couldn't be the right mount for such equipment, but there is a thread somewhere around here where they discuss how a power fist should be used. They considered it to be a crushing and ripping device, and as such, it would even be a handy addition to the apothecary's tools.

I thought as much, but thought it was worth linking - perhaps useful to someone else looking at the thread.

I'll have to track down that thread, I'm interested in the rationalization.

At any rate, keep up the good work. They all look very nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

The Captain is very impressive,the face and the base in particular really caught my eye.

let's say she just gave him the less fortunate name of "Captain Hodenkinn". Which would translate into "testicle chin". I hate her for that, I really do.

Ha,funny that you mentioned that because a friend of mine has a rather,how can i put it nicely,large and protruding chin like the models and crries around a rather similar nickname.

Fortunately he has a good sense of humor,though i can't imagine a Marine Captain being so cool about it. :thanks:

Not sure if this has been asked before,but do you freehand the chapter symbol and squad markings?Or do you use the Slide transfers.

I find it quite hard painting straight lines never mind the chapter symbol and was hoping you'd have some tips to share?

Cheers,

Mike.

You have my thanks, brother. :-)

Yeah, every single marking is a freehand. litany, liturgy and... can't think of any other alliterations right now. But the point is: yup. :-)

I'm not sure if there any useful tips on that subject.

Maybe this one: try to keep the base colour of the armour as simple as possible. For if you make mistakes after two shades of washes and some 50/50 colour mixtures, even the slightest ones can become a real pain in the... s. ^^

However, If you use an already existing colour, you can easily repair the damage.

And: depending on the size of the freehand, use a small brush. Take your time, don't rush it. You don't need the steadiest of hands, just be patient and correct the major flaws.

(Phew! Writing english can be exhausting, can't it? Agree with me, my fellow non-anglophones!)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, Chapter Master. This'll take some time, though, as I am reworking most of the Marines I have presented here. I decided gold would work better than golden yellow. Makes me sad, but leaves a lot more options...

Btw, my girlfriend made fun of me and him. Fun of me because I hadn't been able to come up with a name yet, and fun of him... well... let's say she just gave him the less fortunate name of "Captain Hodenkinn". Which would translate into "testicle chin". I hate her for that, I really do.

Ball-chin is supposed to be a sign of manliness you know (case in point, John Travolta :)), so I guess that's a good thing? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Small update - added two completed Marines to the second squad (which is actually the III.)

And had to take some pictures with my brand new camera - hope you like 'em.

Didn't repair or doctor the image, thus I fear the lightning is quite bad.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3897/combatsquadtertius.jpg

I'll add a few incomplete guys later.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8611/otherbrethren.jpg

Later!

Just to show off what can be achieved with better brushes - DaVinci, in this case.

I painted the Crusader chap's knee and purity seal with those...

Weapons will be added soon.

For those that are still interested in this sloooooooooow log: today I counted the models on my to-do-list, and it seems that I have about 89 models to complete, not counting the vanguard squad I recently bought from eBay.

Enough models to keep me busy until Feb 2013 - and there's the guard army waiting in its boxes...

Five models a month seem a little... or rather... incredibly slow.

Why,I'll do my best and try to pace up.

btw, shame on you guys for not commenting on my super-awesome squad... fragments. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

Here I present you the first part of my LPC entry - a veteran scout sergeant.

Hope you like 'em!

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4118/scoutsergeant.jpg

My thanks, Mr. Malevolent!

Doing Ultramarines after your Salamanders - two codex chapters, that is.

But be warned: Once you go Ultra, you'll never go back. ;-)

I've thought of doing Howling Griffons after my Ultramarines - playing their 9th company as Blood Angels might be a suitable idea fluffwise.

@ BassWave:

ShinyRhino is right, it's the cadian command squad bionic arm. Bought that a while ago on my bitz shop of choice and had a spare one.

It does really suit 'em well, doesn't it? ^^

@ ShinyRhino:

Just as I said above - you're right. ;-=

So here's Nr 8/10 from squad III.

Hope you like brother Severus!

http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics15/img4d44890dcc80b.jpg

Soon my home community will have completed their voting - and I will finally add some colour to my army's bases.

I still hope for snow bases ^^

So here's Nr 8/10 from squad III.

Hope you like brother Severus!

http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics15/img4d44890dcc80b.jpg

Soon my home community will have completed their voting - and I will finally add some colour to my army's bases.

I still hope for snow bases ^^

Awesome. Totally made me think "Oh, it's an Ultramarine Avitus".

And Avitus is eleven kinds of win.

"More Corpses".

Archived