Rogan's Ultramarines

Rogan

@ Wicced:

Thanks a lot!

Yeah, the moldline... I was quite sure I scraped everything off the lad that wasn#t supposed to be there, but noticed I had failed as soon as I had finished the red casing. I just didn't want to ruin it - so I left it as is; even if it somewhat pains me. And believe me, it does. oO

The pose is just what I wanted for him. Landing casually just in front of that giant fern and additionally firing his weapon at some cowardish heretic. He's a veteran of many decades (see the service stud on his forehead) and surely can't be bothered by las-bolts.

But I see what you mean; I promise one of the next assault marines to come will feature a more dynamic pose. :-)

@ MagicMan:

Thanks again and again and again ^^

It's nice to have some folks coming back to my threads everytime I update.

But... you're wrong.

It's a power helmet, made to be put on the enemies heads and ruin their haircuts. ^^

i hadn't calculated for "casual landing" :P in that case his pose is good and my criticism is void!

as for the mold line, i got some of those on my own models and like to keep them as a reminder to clean the next batch more thoroughly. ;)

looking forward to see more!

So... after going through this thread again (and your tutorial) I am definitely going to re-paint my Salamanders to Ultramarines. If I have to have a "normal" marine army along with my True-Scale Sons of Malice, it'll be Ultras using your paint scheme. Thanks again for being such an inspiration.

@ Wicced:

thank you - althugh I thinkyou have a valid point there. Sure, I wanted to have such a casual pose; but more important is how it comes along and what the viewer thinks about it.

@ MagicMan:

Now that is a threat. I'm sooo afraid :-D

@ Mr.Malevolent:

I love to be a source of inspiration, but please don't!

Sallies are an awesome legion - er... chapter as well, and "wasting" them would be sort of a sin. I wanted to have Black Templars some years ago (they looked sooo good!) and repainted my Ultramarines. I was so disappointed with the result I sold the entire army!

well its not like its a huge army. Its just a commander, a tactical squad and a dreadnaught. Out of the bunch I only painted 3 and hated the color green (never had much luck with it). Plus Ultras are my favorite of all the Codex Chapters.

Oh.. Okay, in this case, feel free to go on. But make sure you'll post the finished miniatures, okay? You're even allowed to show us an example in this thread. ;-)

I take it we're talking about the left one, right?

He looks really cool, and, if I'm not mistaken, I can see how you worked your way up to the final highlight.

Well done!

Although there's one thing that bothers me - your veteran helmet (especially the one to the right) looks way better than my white. May I ask how you did the white?

I take it we're talking about the left one, right?

He looks really cool, and, if I'm not mistaken, I can see how you worked your way up to the final highlight.

Well done!

Thanks! yeah, it's the left one, the right is just using your stages for the highlights.

Although there's one thing that bothers me - your veteran helmet (especially the one to the right) looks way better than my white. May I ask how you did the white?

Er... i'm not really sure if I can remember that well, I'll have a go at remembering, and should be able to test it out tomorrow.

1. Fortress grey basecoat.

2. Skull white coat(s), might need more than one to make sure it is good 'an solid.

3. Copious amounts of black washes! Seriously, 2 at least, or until you think there is enough black in the recesses.

4. Highlist edges with pure skull white

That sound okay?

• 6 months later...

Sure it does!

Sorry it took such an awful lot of time to respond, but I've been a bit busy and apparantly forgot about this thread.

So here I present you another terminator.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2614/terminator4.jpg

All looking great for smurfs ;) ;) :P if you dont mind i'd like to copy-ish the pose of that assault marine sarge?

But i hate to say this your white on the vets helmets seems a little flat, but thats it, the white is clean and sharp but a little flat.

keep it up mate.

rob

• 1 month later...

I do agree with you, Dorns_fist, it does look flat. unfortunately, I haven't figured out yet how to do white properly. :D

Still I present to you (each and everyone who cares to read this topic :P ) the fifth and last of my terminator squad. Hope you like 'em. ^^

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7020/terminatorxo.jpg

This time, the purity seals even have something like a meaning - if read in the right order, they spell the word "Mozes", a friend of mine whom I promised to include his name in my army.

Here are all five letters more or less properly aligned:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2518/sealmozes.jpg

Also, good news concerning the bases: another friend of mine and I have agreed to do a battle of the bases, meaning I will give my entire army bases soon. Looking forward? Well, I'm not, to be honest - this is going to be an awful lot of work and even danger xD

@ Mr. Malevolent:

Thanks ^^

I've had a hard time doing the conversions, the trimming and filing for this one. But it pays off, as people seem to like it - even if many don't say so. I didn't hear any complaints as of yet, so I'll take everyone's visit for a compliment ;)

@ souldrinker1:

Sure thing!

First off, I paint the helmet with Space Wolves Grey, followed by a mixture of 50/50 Skull White/Space Wolves Grey to almost everywhere except the recesses and finished by tiny little highlights with pure Skull White to the highest edges :)

Oh, will it? Maybe yes, maybe no.

YOu've got to decide that, and you'll be able to do it now!

Here he is - a terminator with lightning claws.

First saw these guys in Chaos Gate - which I do love! - and always wanted to paint up some of them. Unfortunately, until now, I felt I wasn't able to because my painting skills were at the very best mediocre. I feel I've improved a lot over the last two years and it was finally at the time tobring out the cool stuff. ;)

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3536/terminatorlc500px.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! This is the latest addition to my army, a Predator Destructor (which reminds me of a little mistake in the German Codex - they now call the Destructor "Annihilator" and vice versa) named "Virtus", after one of the Roman Virtues (Virtus, Dignitas, Pietas, Auctoritas). The commander's called Aurelius and will be a counts-as Chronus - if I feel like running a list with Chronus, that is. ^_^

I imagined Aurelias like something between a Space Marine and a football coach - always shouting something like "get them, boys!" or "I asked for your best, not just a mere attempt! Do it, don't just dream of it!"

I'll finish a Chronus infantry model some day soon; first, I'll have to do my Deathwatch squad and four more CC terminators.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2936/predatorxu.jpg

Apologies for the terrible picture quality - I'm at my girlfriend's place atm and neither have my lightbox nor proper lighting available...

Archived