Im messing around on here trying to start an IA for my Ironbloods chapter. This will all be very rough to start with, hopefully getting fleshed out over time. I always knew if i started a SM army i would make my own chapter, and i have, but haven't gone anywhere near as in depth as most of you on here have. At first i was more interested in color schemes, chapter badge/name. Of course to come up with that one needs an overall idea/feel for what they are going to be about. So here is the first little bits ive come up with.
Chapter Name: Ironbloods
Chapter Motto: Cruor pro Ferrum , Ferrum pro Cruor (Blood for Iron, Iron for Blood). The idea is that they shed their blood to protect the empire's forge worlds(iron), and they have iron running through their veins (recruited from industrial worlds, tough mofos!)
Chapter Color Scheme:
Sgts and Vets have a red helmet. Company markings on right knee pad (above is 5th company, my army!). Squad marking will probably be roman numerals on left knee pad.
Founding Chapter:I know it looks like they should be Blood Angel successors, but they aren't! Blood Ravens do it, so i can to! Haven't decided on who though, if i don't go with "Unknown" then it will probably be Imperial Fists or Raven Guard(for no reason other then i like those chapters).
Founding Date: Not sure yet.
Home world: Not sure yet. It will be either on a heavily industrial world, or on a moon of one, or at least in an area with a very high concentration of industrial worlds/ forgeworlds.
Chapter Master: Not sure yet. I'm thinking i would like to make him my Venerable Dreadnought "István the something-or-rather" (un-dieing/eternal/ancient?)(wish i could take him as HQ!)
Specialty: Urban warfare/Cityfights. Lots of armor/dreads.
Quick idea jottings:
- Chapter created to protect a heavily industrialized area of space that has become more and more encroached upon, mainly buy Nids and Eldar(my main opponents armies)
- Codex Chapter with access to a lot of resources because of proximity to industry.
- Close ties to Adeptus Mechanicus, higher then normal amount of Techmarines/dreadnoughts. (I LOVE DREADS)
- Was possibly thinking of giving them close ties/close to Vostroya, or make it a recruiting world. A lot of the fluff I've read about it is very close to what i wanted for my chapters feel.
- I like my models with no hair and with the re-breather mask thingies, so coming from a polluted industrial area works.
- I'm going to be giving them Hungarian names, because i like the way the sound.
As you can see i don't have a lot of back story or "guts" to them yet. I'm not much in the creative writing dept. But i would like to flesh them out some more. If anyone has any ideas and/or comments i would LOVE to hear them!
Here is my WIP thread. I need to update it with some more of the slow-ass progress. http://www.bolterand...p;#entry1955111
Anyway, thx for looking.
Edited by Rognvaldr, 28 June 2010 - 10:57 PM.