IA: Ironbloods

Rognvaldr

Hi all,

Im messing around on here trying to start an IA for my Ironbloods chapter. This will all be very rough to start with, hopefully getting fleshed out over time. I always knew if i started a SM army i would make my own chapter, and i have, but haven't gone anywhere near as in depth as most of you on here have. At first i was more interested in color schemes, chapter badge/name. Of course to come up with that one needs an overall idea/feel for what they are going to be about. So here is the first little bits ive come up with.

Chapter Name: Ironbloods

Chapter Badge:

gallery_44330_3497_394614.jpg

Chapter Motto: Cruor pro Ferrum , Ferrum pro Cruor (Blood for Iron, Iron for Blood). The idea is that they shed their blood to protect the empire's forge worlds(iron), and they have iron running through their veins (recruited from industrial worlds, tough mofos!)

Chapter Color Scheme:

Regular Tactical

gallery_44330_3497_72092.jpg

Sgts and Vets have a red helmet. Company markings on right knee pad (above is 5th company, my army!). Squad marking will probably be roman numerals on left knee pad.

Founding Chapter:I know it looks like they should be Blood Angel successors, but they aren't! Blood Ravens do it, so i can to! Haven't decided on who though, if i don't go with "Unknown" then it will probably be Imperial Fists or Raven Guard(for no reason other then i like those chapters).

Founding Date: Not sure yet.

Home world: Not sure yet. It will be either on a heavily industrial world, or on a moon of one, or at least in an area with a very high concentration of industrial worlds/ forgeworlds.

Chapter Master: Not sure yet. I'm thinking i would like to make him my Venerable Dreadnought "István the something-or-rather" (un-dieing/eternal/ancient?)(wish i could take him as HQ!)

Specialty: Urban warfare/Cityfights. Lots of armor/dreads.

Quick idea jottings:

- Chapter created to protect a heavily industrialized area of space that has become more and more encroached upon, mainly buy Nids and Eldar(my main opponents armies)

- Codex Chapter with access to a lot of resources because of proximity to industry.

- Close ties to Adeptus Mechanicus, higher then normal amount of Techmarines/dreadnoughts. (I LOVE DREADS)

- Was possibly thinking of giving them close ties/close to Vostroya, or make it a recruiting world. A lot of the fluff I've read about it is very close to what i wanted for my chapters feel.

- I like my models with no hair and with the re-breather mask thingies, so coming from a polluted industrial area works.

- I'm going to be giving them Hungarian names, because i like the way the sound.

As you can see i don't have a lot of back story or "guts" to them yet. I'm not much in the creative writing dept. But i would like to flesh them out some more. If anyone has any ideas and/or comments i would LOVE to hear them!

Here is my WIP thread. I need to update it with some more of the slow-ass progress. http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...p;#entry1955111

Anyway, thx for looking.

Founding Chapter:I know it looks like they should be Blood Angel successors, but they aren't! Blood Ravens do it, so i can to! Haven't decided on who though, if i don't go with "Unknown" then it will probably be Imperial Fists or Raven Guard(for no reason other then i like those chapters).

- The emphasis is mine, but that part is bad juju.. In an IA, within the Liber at least, there must be good reason for something.

If in doubt, go with the gene-heritage of Guilliman - no flaws. The Fists heritage works almost aswell but features missing organs which at the moment in time I can neither spell nor look up - Though I think one is the Betchers Gland?

Other point on the subject: They should only be Blood Angel successors if they feature the Thirst and Rage, even then it would be unlikely that the HLoT would aquiesce to use of Sanguinius gene-heritage.

Home world: Not sure yet. It will be either on a heavily industrial world, or on a moon of one, or at least in an area with a very high concentration of industrial worlds/ forgeworlds.

-Beware, Forge Wolrds are the province of the AdMech and they take interference badly - remember they have a mandate as powerful as the Astartes when it comes to technology, as well as fielding weapons even an Astartes respects.

Chapter Master: Not sure yet. I'm thinking i would like to make him my Venerable Dreadnought "István the something-or-rather" (un-dieing/eternal/ancient?)(wish i could take him as HQ!)

- From recollection there is only a single Dreadnaught Chapter master I can recall and that is from a James Swallow novel, so the least said the better.

One overriding theme is that you seem to be trying to construct the IA in terms of gaming - which doesn't work too well - instead you need to concentrate on the story and feel of the Chapter.

- Codex Chapter with access to a lot of resources because of proximity to industry.

- Why? Your Chapter can only construct so much; new Power Armour and Armour are beyond the general ability of a Chapter to forge.

- Close ties to Adeptus Mechanicus, higher then normal amount of Techmarines/dreadnoughts. (I LOVE DREADS)

- Again, why? What does it add?

Also consider that the Iron Hands might be a way to go for ties with the AdMech - though not the only way - and that the AdMech respect steel over flesh.

- Was possibly thinking of giving them close ties/close to Vostroya, or make it a recruiting world. A lot of the fluff I've read about it is very close to what i wanted for my chapters feel.

- Thats a no-go area; if such was the case wouldn't we have heard of your Chapter before now? Plus, the Vostroyans allwork in factories or are inducted into the First Born so there is no one to recruit.

- I like my models with no hair and with the re-breather mask thingies, so coming from a polluted industrial area works.

- They don't have to be from a polluted world, make it a cultural thing. Remember though that most of your recruits will be around 14 years of age.

Archived