Blood Angels Chapter Symbol Tattoo

Replica

This is on a friend of mine, its about 4cm tall and 6cm wide. Took around 45min to complete. Sorry, this is not really a wip, meant to post this in the 'Hall of Honor'

gallery_49031_4204_50534.jpg

Questions and comments welcome

Thanks,

Replica

• 2 weeks later...

From GW's IP policy:

... we cannot allow tattoos as an acceptable use of our IP as a third party necessarily has to perform the "service"

I'm afraid you guys are going to have to relinquish your arms :lol:

From GW's IP policy:

... we cannot allow tattoos as an acceptable use of our IP as a third party necessarily has to perform the "service"

I'm afraid you guys are going to have to relinquish your arms :lol:

Trademarks only apply when used as a distinguishing characteristic/mark for products and services. The tattooist could get in trouble, as the GW policy quote indicates, but having one isn't an issue.

From GW's IP policy:

I'm afraid you guys are going to have to relinquish your arms :P

Tell that to this guy: http://www.theaubergineroom.com/files/imag...optimuspint.jpg

I think GW would be getting into trouble if they are going to get that Tattoo ereased...dont want to mess with a guy that had that large chaos tattoo...and by the way if you are an tattoo artist and tattoo yourself...a third party isnt always necessary to perform the tattoo service....so GW should rethink what they write *LOL*.....

It's like conversions. Its technically a violation of IP, but GW aren't exactly going to come and laser it off :lol:

Conversions aren't a violation of anything, that's just dumb. And again, having a trademark as a tattoo isn't infringement. The protection is not the actual mark/logo/characteristic, but its use in identifying the business or person that is offering goods or services for sale.

Nice work on the tattoo, and the one on that guys back is simply AMAZING! And I daresay, some of my favourite GW artwork.

I wonder if GW could give me <_< for the guitar I intend to have built then paint... I am intending on painting a chaos/mechanicus symbol over the body and pickup casings :angry:. In any case, doubt that they will do anything about any of this to be perfectly honest.

It's like conversions. Its technically a violation of IP, but GW aren't exactly going to come and laser it off :angry:

Conversions aren't a violation of anything, that's just dumb. And again, having a trademark as a tattoo isn't infringement. The protection is not the actual mark/logo/characteristic, but its use in identifying the business or person that is offering goods or services for sale.

Actually:

Conversions are a major aspect of the hobby, although in intellectual property terms, they also constitute a major infringement. However, we are certainly not about to stop people making cool conversions of our products ...

I guess it's just an odd result of IP law.

And I wasn't being serious about GW coming and removing their arms ... <_<

Anyway, this is off topic: apologies.

Actually:

Conversions are a major aspect of the hobby, although in intellectual property terms, they also constitute a major infringement. However, we are certainly not about to stop people making cool conversions of our products ...

I guess it's just an odd result of IP law.

And I wasn't being serious about GW coming and removing their arms ... :P

Anyway, this is off topic: apologies.

Actually, just because GW says something doesn't make it law. GW is notorious for ridiculous IP 'enforcement' things like spamming C&Ds to people because often times the threat of a suit alone is enough to get anyone to stop doing anything even if it is perfectly legal. Once you purchase a product you are free to do anything you wish with it, including *gasp* reselling it or even mutilating, converting, changing or defacing it in any way.

Archived