International Brotherhood of Hobbyists

http://i25.tinypic.com/30t1ams.jpg

That came into my head but its much too big for a logo

It needs to be somthing that shows what we do, which is hobby, unification and a Brotherly bond, maybe two space marine gauntlets shaking hands with a paint brush and hobby clippers making an 'X' in the background

http://i29.tinypic.com/9j2cg7.jpg

Like that except with a handshake or something

I think you might be on to something Shaun. Maybe if we asked permission to use the B&C's logo we could work it into something a little smaller. After all it is where it's all beginning to take shape :)

James

Welcome aboard Brothers! once we get the seal sorted we'll get them out to you, in the mean time please make yourselves at home :)

I believe something was mentioned Skirax so you can put one up if you like :)

James

I was asking about one similar to how Dan the demon does his with just a bit of plasti-card, I managed to get some from my local hobby shop so gonna have a play. Im also gonna have play at Doghouse' "gothic" marines as i have one set of chaos warriors legs left from my random bits i bought <_<

So wish me luck :D

My also try true scale to as i have loads of termie bits :D

I think you might be on to something Shaun. Maybe if we asked permission to use the B&C's logo we could work it into something a little smaller. After all it is where it's all beginning to take shape ;)

James

This sounds like a workable idea. Maybe soemthing along the lines of a Skull bit with crossed paintbrush/sculpting tool behind it. If B&C would let us, use thier logo as a basis and maybe work it from there.

*just thought of something else - a banner with IBH on it sitting just under the skull would look good. Or incorporate the design into the seal part of a purity seal with International Brotherhood of Hobbyists on the paper parts.

Between Shaun's and your ideas I think we now have something to work with. If I have time I'll try and sketch something out and post it up for opinions. Of course anyone else is more than welcome to give it a go as well ;)

James

Between Shaun's and your ideas I think we now have something to work with. If I have time I'll try and sketch something out and post it up for opinions. Of course anyone else is more than welcome to give it a go as well ;)

James

I'm an ideas man - I'll plant the seed and germinate it, but someone else has to help it grow :cuss

But seriously, I would sketch something out if I had the time but what with work, home and moving house soon, times a bit tight :nuke:

Anyway, glad you liked the ideas ;)

Hey, knocked this up in a few minutes, just to give you an idea of whats in my head. I should point out nothing is ruled, lined up or anything like that, very rough sketch. The exacto-knife could just as easily be a sculpting tool or something else. If you like this one, and want to use it i can spend a bit more time and effort and put together a nice looking logo.

gallery_49031_4204_56857.jpg

Thanks mate,

Replica

no worries Pig Of Sparta, i think you're right, make it look a little classy. Heres 2 more versions, but i intend to re draw the whole thing in better light and with more time (the first one was literally 5 min, before bed )

little more contrast to give it some more punch:

gallery_49031_4204_1076.jpg

and looking like an old photo:

gallery_49031_4204_18208.jpg

I think i might take the sharp teeth off, might be mistaken for something too chaos-y unless people really like it, im flexible, everyone's gotta like it <_<

thanks,

Replica

Wow.....I'd really like to join. However my painting skills aren't really great (I blame unsteady hands when it comes to a paint brush). But if it's not that big of a deal that I'd make everyone's painting look better, than sure! :lol:

no worries Pig Of Sparta, i think you're right, make it look a little classy. Heres 2 more versions, but i intend to re draw the whole thing in better light and with more time (the first one was literally 5 min, before bed )

little more contrast to give it some more punch:

gallery_49031_4204_1076.jpg

and looking like an old photo:

gallery_49031_4204_18208.jpg

I think i might take the sharp teeth off, might be mistaken for something too chaos-y unless people really like it, im flexible, everyone's gotta like it :)

thanks,

Replica

this is looking pretty sweet! It's pretty similar to what I had in mind. I would keep the teeth pointy - after all, it is the Grim-Dark!

For a five minute sketch before bed I think it's pretty damned impressive. I quite like the heavily contrasted one. The sepiated one is good, but the grainy look of the first one is better I think.

I'm in agreement with Lestat. The sharp teeth fit with the grim-darkness of our shared hobby universe :). I don't think it's too chaosy. I seem to remember that around 2nd and 3rd edition there were lots of skulls feature in rulebooks/codexes/artwork that had pointy teeth. I realise not everyone's been in the hobby for that long but it brings some pleasant memories of past times, for me anyway :).

@ Vlad III: there's no requirement at all for membership. I'll add your name to the members list at the top of our threads. Welcome to the IBH!

James

I'm in agreement with Lestat. The sharp teeth fit with the grim-darkness of our shared hobby universe :D. I don't think it's too chaosy. I seem to remember that around 2nd and 3rd edition there were lots of skulls feature in rulebooks/codexes/artwork that had pointy teeth. I realise not everyone's been in the hobby for that long but it brings some pleasant memories of past times, for me anyway ;).

I remember 2nd edition fondly. Codex: Angels of Death was where it started for me - plenty of pointy-tooth skulls in there!

My first 40k adventure began with a friend's copy of the boxed game. I still mistakenly refer to books sometimes as the 'Codex Imperialis'. At one point I had a copy of Dark Millenium as well. Thank god they streamlined the psychic phase in later editions and got rid of wargear cards and datafaxes. I have fond memories of them, but gaming tables and frequently the floor around them were so messy. I seem to recall battles taking whole days to fight about four turns as well.

I actually have a copy of the Rogue Trader rulebook, but I'd really like to get a hold of the second edition rule book and wargear book. Some of the background in those books still fits today, and was generally a lot more detailed than we have now.

Archived