Power Armor Deathwing Images

Okidus

Why would they wear the white of the Deathwing, and power armor? True the company masters, and SGM Azrael went through the Deathwing to get to the billets they now hold, but the Deathwing's hallmark has been TDA as I'm sure you know ( I don't mean to insult your fluff skills here at all). That said I think what we should get some pictures of are the masters of the chapter in TDA, surely Azrael keeps a suit of TDA for himself, as well as Ezekiel and Asmodai(is he dead or not)

The Deathwing is both a military organization as well as the hidden cabal within the Dark Angels' leadership. A Deathwing marine wearing TDA is a member of the Deathwing, but a member of the Deathwing need not be a marine wearing TDA.

And back around 1990 - 1991, when the Mark 7 power armor miniatures came out, the first boxed set had images of "Deathwing" Dark Angels in power armor... Though the rules don't provide for it, nor does the story Deathwing refer to it being used, I've never once heard justification for the absence of "Deathwing" marines clad in regular ol' armor.

I'm guessing that tehy dont clunk around in Terminator Armour all day every day... It'd be hell on the mantenance schedule needed to keep the suits in good nick ready for battle if nothing else.

Until the second edition codex came out, there wasn't much clarity over how the Deathwing were organised or deployed. The idea that the first company deployed exclusively in terminator armour dates back to 2nd edition 40K, whereas the image posted above dates back to first edition.

The Deathwing is, of course, much broader than the first company and includes the higher echelons of the Chapter, but not really rank and file marines. So it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to paint all members of the Inner Circle in bone armour to denote their status as members of the Deathwing, but it's not compulsory.

I am sure when the battle dictates it the members of the first company can don white power armour. The first company dont always have to fight in TDA.

I am sure when the battle dictates it the members of the first company can don white power armour. The first company dont always have to fight in TDA.

By that reasoning, the Dark Angels Veterans could be painted in the deathwing colours. That would look pretty good, says I, and woudl break up the green, if no one played using terminators.

okidus, let me get this right. you want pictures of deathwing in PA yes? cool other than the old school singular dude that vodunius posted for you the only one i know of is the awesome captain that is on the front of the dark millenium expansion pack(2nd ed rules! they rule!-psychic phase, vortex grenades just awesome!) but gillyfish's sign off has a picture of it and he didnt even mention it!!! whaaaat? so i had a little dig around for a pic of the box art so here we go.gallery_41292_4715_14223.jpg

hope that helps you!

Wow some great pictorial finds here. I'd completely forgotten that Dark Millenium pic. Some great banners featured too if I remember correctly.

Looking closely at that Captain: he's actually got white shoulder pads, breastplate and lower legs, the rest is DA green.

Check out the cover illustration by Trevor Scobie to the 1993 Deathwing anthology (a book that I have right in front of me here but no way to get it online) as the armour colouration of the wearer bears many similarities – even down to having the same design right shoulder pad.

@ Vodunius I have never seen that image before.

Cheers

I

okidus, let me get this right. you want pictures of deathwing in PA yes? cool other than the old school singular dude that vodunius posted for you the only one i know of is the awesome captain that is on the front of the dark millenium expansion pack(2nd ed rules! they rule!-psychic phase, vortex grenades just awesome!) but gillyfish's sign off has a picture of it and he didnt even mention it!!! whaaaat?

I had the EXACT same thought, the dude's in your sig and Gilly didn't mention it, :)

It funny I have that box right here in the man cave, but didn't realize that the same guy popped up so much (just with bleached blonde hair ;) )

that artwork is back from when the right shoulder pad held the marine's personal heraldry and motifs, but if I'm not mistaken is that really close to Belial's heraldry? diagnol red line with a sword on it? Big B's got the halo thingy too but that's on the other side if I remember correctly

By that reasoning, the Dark Angels Veterans could be painted in the deathwing colours. That would look pretty good, says I, and woudl break up the green, if no one played using terminators.

Yes by that reasonaing you could do and it would look great breaking up the green. Fluff wise it would work if you were saying that the squad was being led by a 1st comopany marine. Not 100% fluff accurate but hey its your army. My brother used to have a few white deathing marines in power armour that he converted. They had the old 2nd edition scout heads. Come to think of it was their not a eavy metal pictutre with a deathwing marine in power armour. Its where my brother got the idea.

You guys found the images I was looking for, and I dug up a couple myself, there are 3 different versions of this old Master in this issue.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ofQbBD_pX6U/TDKq...0/Scan10004.jpg

I painted up some Jump/Honor Guard as a throwback style:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ofQbBD_pX6U/TDNR...00/IMG_3272.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ofQbBD_pX6U/TDNR...00/IMG_3271.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ofQbBD_pX6U/TDNR...00/IMG_3273.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ofQbBD_pX6U/TDNS...00/IMG_3278.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ofQbBD_pX6U/TDNR...00/IMG_3276.jpg

They still need a few touchups but mostly done.

DA Green greaves and a single black shoulder.

LOL at the old artwork. I love how the main figure in each pre 3rd edition 40k piece is always yelling and firing a gun, even if he's not even looking in the direction his gun is pointing.

"Waaaaaagh! Must pull trigger! Waaaaagh!" quoth the Dark Angel.

Archived