Thunderwolf mounts

Grimtooth

put my philippino wolves on some back to basix bases...trying to pin them to the bases i snapped the legs on 3 of the 5 wolves..just means i got to reposition them after some 4 letter words...look freakin sweet!!!!

happiness with my purchase, 8.5 outta 10

After talking to the design team today at the launch for fantasy the very political impression I got was TWC are some way off, phillipino are the way to go

Yeah, I got to ask a guy in GW this as well, and received a similar response.

Are the Mythicast Thunder wolves no longer available? I've just spent about 20 minutes zipping around Ebay with no luck in finding them. Does anyone know which search terms I should be using to get the listing to appear? (If it's still there...)

Just received my thunderwolves from Paulson games and they are absolutely beautiful sculpts, lots of detail and bugger all in the way of mold lines, also all the pieces fit together snugly, I think I will only need a tiny bit of Greenstuff to fill a little hole on their backs where the pieces don't quite meet but in my experience this is normal on all beast models.

Will post some pics this weekend once they have been cleaned up and glued together.

Just received my thunderwolves from Paulson games and they are absolutely beautiful sculpts, lots of detail and bugger all in the way of mold lines, also all the pieces fit together snugly, I think I will only need a tiny bit of Greenstuff to fill a little hole on their backs where the pieces don't quite meet but in my experience this is normal on all beast models.

Will post some pics this weekend once they have been cleaned up and glued together.

I tried as best as possible to hide the mold lines and keep them away from any of the detail areas :) They should clean up easily with an exacto.

All brands of resin tend to warp during curing, it's just the nature of the material so sometimes the parts won't always fit perfectly without a touch of work. If the torsos aren't meeting up evenly and there's a gap at one end (or both) try heating the torsos up by soaking them in warm water and they should become flexible enough that they can be pressed together easily.

Just take care not to use water that's too hot for risk of burning yourself and if the water is too hot it may make the resin too pliable and soft. Tea tempature or less generally works well. (hot but not boiling)

Also avoid leaving resin models in cars during the summer or having them in direct sunlight as the heat can cause resin models to warp.

Glad you're happy with the sculpts. :)

I tried as best as possible to hide the mold lines and keep them away from any of the detail areas :) They should clean up easily with an exacto.

All brands of resin tend to warp during curing, it's just the nature of the material so sometimes the parts won't always fit perfectly without a touch of work. If the torsos aren't meeting up evenly and there's a gap at one end (or both) try heating the torsos up by soaking them in warm water and they should become flexible enough that they can be pressed together easily.

Just take care not to use water that's too hot for risk of burning yourself and if the water is too hot it may make the resin too pliable and soft. Tea tempature or less generally works well. (hot but not boiling)

Also avoid leaving resin models in cars during the summer or having them in direct sunlight as the heat can cause resin models to warp.

Glad you're happy with the sculpts. :)

How's the add on armor coming?

The numbers on the inside match up correct? If the numbers are mixed/differant the torso piece may not fit together.

If it's just warped parts, soak them in hot water (not boiling) for about a minute and then gently press the halves together. Warming up the resin should let you bend to the piece back into shape. If for any reason that doesn't work let me know.

Armor parts are going to be at least a month away, still being sculpted.

Paulson i'm goign to order some of your wolves today and I just wanted to make sure of something. Down on the bottom it says the delivery address must be the same as the billing address and i'm not 100% sure on what address my credit card is registered. Can I just take different billing address and add my own address which is the same as the delivery address or will have have to check with my bank?

I'm not used to buyign stuff online so I'd rather check first to make sure.

Fenric, I sent you a PM.

After almost a month of casting I have a small pile of wolves that are slightly miscast, they are functional but have minor bubble defects need a bit of loving care with the green stuff. They're nowhere near bad enough to throw out, but not quite to the quality standard I want for the regular wolves. None of them have any major flaws just small air holes usually on the backs of the leg, stomach, or the rider legs that don't effect the over all piece just minor cosmetic dings that can be fixed.

I'm thinking about listing them up as "budget wolves" which would be about half price, that way if you are on a tight budget and don't mind doing a bit of extra clean up on the models you can save some decent cash. Their availability will of course be dependant on the numbers of useable casts. Any casts with a major defect I toss and I only salvage the ones that are able to be fixed easily.

Hi there!

We've recently set up our own shop at Mythicast.com so we can deal with clients directly. We cut ties with our previous retailer, jeanwulf2k, and we are no longer affiliated with him. I'm very sorry for all the trouble he may have caused. Rest assured that we now have stricter policies regarding distributors and retailers so this may not happen again.

If you're interested in the war wolf cavalry, we're still processing orders for that, just head on to our site. :) We've lowered the prices since we no longer pay additional fees on ebay, having our own store and all.

Are the Mythicast Thunder wolves no longer available? I've just spent about 20 minutes zipping around Ebay with no luck in finding them. Does anyone know which search terms I should be using to get the listing to appear? (If it's still there...)

Thanks ^_^

Hi!

If you're talking about jeanwulf2k, he is no longer affiliated with Mythicast. He was a previous retailer, but we have cut all ties with him.

I am part of the Mythicast team, the actual model makers, and we process ALL orders that come from http://www.mythicast.com. We deal with clients directly here. :) Thanks!

lol. They are the exact SAME bunch. Don't let them tell you otherwise. They obviously had so much trouble delivering anywhere near on time and got so much terrible feedback as a result they decided to just change accounts and start over.

They should absolutely be "helping you out at no charge"..

All that said. It's a great product at a price you can't beat, so as long as everyone gets their wolves eventually, I'll probably buy theirs too. :)

Wanted to throw my hat in the ring for thunderwolf options. I know it's not a favorite of many, but the alternative exists:

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/phil363839/Thunderwolf%20Lord/DSCF1967.jpg?t=1280856280

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/phil363839/Thunderwolf%20Lord/DSCF2067.jpg?t=1280856280

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/phil363839/Thunderwolf%20Lord/DSCF2065.jpg?t=1280856280

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/phil363839/Thunderwolf%20Lord/DSCF2061.jpg?t=1280856280

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/phil363839/Thunderwolf%20Lord/DSCF2058.jpg?t=1280856280

The initial post did not rule out conversions, and since there is only the canis model out, there are no official models for TWC. so I put mine up. Don't know how to remove my other post, so I leave it to the grand master's for its fate.

The initial post does not contain a single conversion and post #20 specifies that the thread isn't for conversions.

Edit: First post edited to reflect this.

Archived