Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Wolves sub-forum painting challenge - December 1, 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
358 replies to this topic

Requiem of the Wolf

Requiem of the Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,050 posts

mabe it just seems like a lot since i got two kids :huh: i only have from about 9:00 to 12:00 at night to paint. what is your secret guys?

I know those hours well, there the time i pick up my brush as well brother, and for the same reason ^_^

I survive on 6 hours of sleep. For me its 11pm to 3 am for painting,as the four kids I have are difficult to get to go to sleep during summer.

Though since I keep getting distracted by starting new painting projects I might have to either expand my Vow or throw in the extras at the end lol.
"Fenris breeds heroes like a bar breeds drunks. Loud,proud and spoiling for a fight!" Grand Master Belial.

"Fight with Blood,Fight with Steel. Die with Honor,Never Yield. Fearless Hearts filled with Pride,Into Glory we shall Ride."

Iron Priest with 3 Servitors and Saga of the Iron Wolf : 95 pts
Land Raider Redeemer with Multi-Melta : 250 pts
Driving your Redeemer through 2 Exorcists and a Rhino all parked side by side before doing a bootleg turn and decimating the full squad of Battle Sisters that were in the Rhino with a Flame Storm cannon : Priceless

Short stories of some of the characters in my army during the time they were Blood Claws.
http://www.bolterand...howtopic=200866

Beef

Beef

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,237 posts
Ok so the easy part of my Vow is done, the 10 man grey hunter squad. (its base needs snow but that will be done at a later stage when I do all my models together for a unified look) I have made a start on the 10 BC.

Posted Image

Posted Image
AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P
[img=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/vittorio_13/3ForBeef.gif]

Simo429

Simo429

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,047 posts
They're boss Beef, how do you do your Yellow?
http://clawsandfists.blogspot.com

Possibly one of the 50 best Warhammer 40,000 blogs based in the UK that is primarily about Space Wolves

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

++ DIMICATIO FORMIDOLOSA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,836 posts

mabe it just seems like a lot since i got two kids :D i only have from about 9:00 to 12:00 at night to paint. what is your secret guys?

I know those hours well, there the time i pick up my brush as well brother, and for the same reason ;)

This is also my challenge. Gotta make sure you hit the ground running when 9pm comes around.

gallery_12375_5740_34637.jpggallery_12375_5740_49348.jpg
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

++ EXACTOR INFANS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,745 posts
I was up until 1 am last night putting the final touches on #2 and starting into some separated colors on #3. I will post pictures soon, perhaps once this third Grey Hunter is complete.

As a brother who is coming back into this hobby, my painting skills are better than I though they would be, which is good. But alas, it is taking me forever just to paint one model!!

-R_P_R
Your Ad Here.

CainTheHunter

CainTheHunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,682 posts
Updated list of participants.

Here are some of my guys.
First finished Skyclaw - others are painted but need to finish details.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Scouts - still one more to finish up and touch up details on one of these.
Posted Image
Fus Roh Da!!!
http://www.bolterand...24_3229_326.gif

"I'll tell you this, there are only two forces in the Imperium: Space Wolves and Support." © Jonny Wolf
"By comparison, we get cavalry which everyone is rightly scared of (everyone else, because of what they can do, us because of the £ cost)" © eldaran
"No Chaos listed because Chaos is lame and just puts spikes on Imperial stuff, and therefore doesn't really need its own release." © The Emperor's Champion
Space Wolves theme song

Skirax

Skirax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,197 posts
I vow to paint, for the 1st of September, the following:

10 Wolf Guard
20 Grey hunters
15 Blood Claws
Land Raider Crusader
-->Of Skirax And Scenery; Homemade scenery blog.

-->The Return of the Warmaster; From the shadows he comes...
-->The Rise of the Warmaster; The Wolftime approaches...
-->The Time of Ending; The End of Days is upon us!

The International Brotherhood Of Hobbyists

It depresses me that a squad of ten Imperial Guard Cadians now costs the same as twenty did almost four years ago

Beef

Beef

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,237 posts

They're boss Beef, how do you do your Yellow?

I use valejo gold yellow then sun yelow finally moon yellow. All from a black base coat.
AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P
[img=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/vittorio_13/3ForBeef.gif]

CainTheHunter

CainTheHunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,682 posts
Status updated! Cheers and ale to Beef for finishing his primary challenge!
Fus Roh Da!!!

"I'll tell you this, there are only two forces in the Imperium: Space Wolves and Support." © Jonny Wolf
"By comparison, we get cavalry which everyone is rightly scared of (everyone else, because of what they can do, us because of the £ cost)" © eldaran
"No Chaos listed because Chaos is lame and just puts spikes on Imperial stuff, and therefore doesn't really need its own release." © The Emperor's Champion
Space Wolves theme song

Brother Mjollner

Brother Mjollner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 196 posts
Vow to complete my Thunderwolf Lord by 8/1/10.
Volw to complete two Thunderwolf Calv by 9/1/10 if time permits i'll complete a third.
Brother Mjollner.
Brother Mjollner.

sniperhavens

sniperhavens

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 234 posts
Finished my 5 Grey Hunter for my DIY Chapter the Chained Lions. The camera I borrowed sucks so this is the best pic I could get. I added a wolf guard with Combi melta and wolf claw.
Posted Image
Signature not compliant with forum rules
[img=http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/sniperhavens/banner.jpg]
[img=http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/sniperhavens/gallery_17224_3229_326.gif]

''Join the Army! Travel to exotic, distant lands. Meet exciting, unusual people, and kill them.''

Matt D

Matt D

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts
Hail and well met!
I finished my list (and painting chalenge) last night!
I will try to get pics up soon.

http://s789.photobuc...cialWeapons.jpg

this is a conglomeration of my 400 point combat patrol:
1 lone wolf
10 grey hunters
6 long fangs (1 HB, 4 ML)
1 land speeder (2 HB)

and my 750 list wich adds:
1 rune priest
-1 lone wolf
15 blood claws
1 long fang LC (replacing the HB)

the only thing not wysiwyg that i can think of is that the land speeder has 2 heavy bolters. i just need to make an underslung one when i get more bits.

Edited by Matt D, 23 July 2010 - 05:14 PM.

Conan: "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." (The Tower of the Elephant)
Conan: "Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" (Shadows in Zamboula)
Conan: "He grunted with satisfaction. The feel of the hilt cheered him and gave him a glow of confidence. Whatever webs of conspiracy were drawn about him, whatever trickery and treachery ensnared him, this knife was real. The great muscles of his right arm swelled in anticipation of murderous blows." (The Hour of the Dragon)

Max_Dammit

Max_Dammit

++ EXCURSOR INDOMITUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,381 posts
updated my first post with more wippy stuff

Edited by Max_Dammit, 24 July 2010 - 02:29 PM.

Sigismund replied.'"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris" Torgadon put in "because there clinically insane."
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Requiem of the Wolf

Requiem of the Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,050 posts
argh snarl hiss scream howl in anger curse chaos gods and whatever eldar scum thickened my black wash.

ok so to be honest I am teaching myself to paint...and the first five models I did a wash on ended up looking like they had just come out of a ash cloud. armor darkened almost to black,faces looking like they had been using mud for camo.

So I am having to go back,rehighlight everything and try and salvage all the work lol...
"Fenris breeds heroes like a bar breeds drunks. Loud,proud and spoiling for a fight!" Grand Master Belial.

"Fight with Blood,Fight with Steel. Die with Honor,Never Yield. Fearless Hearts filled with Pride,Into Glory we shall Ride."

Driving your Redeemer through 2 Exorcists and a Rhino all parked side by side before doing a bootleg turn and decimating the full squad of Battle Sisters that were in the Rhino with a Flame Storm cannon : Priceless

Short stories of some of the characters in my army during the time they were Blood Claws.

Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 362 posts
I Vow to paint, for the 1st of September, the following:

1x Pack of Grey Hunters with Wolf Guard pack leader.
gallery_17224_3068_31676.jpg

gallery_17224_3229_616.gifgallery_17224_3229_326.gifgallery_17224_3229_261.gifgallery_17224_3068_410.gif

Space Marines are inherently tough, but the Space Wolves are particularly dangerous. They are ruthless. They are savage.
They are brutal. It begs the question why would the Emperor permit something quite so dangerous and untamed to exist?
That would be to take down another legion.     
Dan Abnett 2009

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

++ EXACTOR INFANS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,745 posts
Here are the first four wolf brothers I have completed. Please keep in mind that a MANY year long hiatus was taken from painting models, and these are the first attempts after fifteen plus years!!

Also can anybody point me towards a solid online tutorial for painting SW's??

Not a vowed model, but I painted it anyways!! The first of my Wolf Guard Pack.
Posted Image

Grey Hunter #1
Posted Image

Grey Hunter #2
Posted Image

Grey Hunter #3
Posted Image

Enjoy!! ...and more soon!!

-R_P_R
Your Ad Here.

Kenmichi

Kenmichi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts
I entered a ton of work into the LPC earlier this year and unfortunately for the vow my graduation got in the way, so now that I don't have that on my plate anymore I can afford to dedicate at least an hour or 2 per day to painting. But I don't want to be overly ambitious, I just need to get myself motivated.

By Sept. 1st I want to have 1 Grey Hunter pack and my scratch built Ulrik done.

CainTheHunter

CainTheHunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,682 posts

I entered a ton of work into the LPC earlier this year and unfortunately for the vow my graduation got in the way, so now that I don't have that on my plate anymore I can afford to dedicate at least an hour or 2 per day to painting. But I don't want to be overly ambitious, I just need to get myself motivated.

By Sept. 1st I want to have 1 Grey Hunter pack and my scratch built Ulrik done.

Btw - those that entered their vow for August 1, 2010 - the deadline is coming <_<. I think we all should be generous about time-limits, and You should provide pics according to Your local time - don't be too late and drunk, and make Your submissions ASAP :P.
Fus Roh Da!!!

Space Wolves theme song

Matt D

Matt D

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts
New vow time! i will now get my fully painted 750 point army up to 1000 points! lucky for me this only includes 1 dread, 1 speeder, 3 wolf guard, and one mark of the wulfen for my grey hunter pack. should have it done by sept. 1st.
Conan: "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." (The Tower of the Elephant)
Conan: "Did you deem yourself strong, because you were able to twist the heads off civilized folk, poor weaklings with muscles like rotten string? Hell! Break the neck of a wild Cimmerian bull before you call yourself strong. I did that, before I was a full-grown man...!" (Shadows in Zamboula)
Conan: "He grunted with satisfaction. The feel of the hilt cheered him and gave him a glow of confidence. Whatever webs of conspiracy were drawn about him, whatever trickery and treachery ensnared him, this knife was real. The great muscles of his right arm swelled in anticipation of murderous blows." (The Hour of the Dragon)

Mar Bloodaxe

Mar Bloodaxe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 589 posts
Here's what I did last week.

Posted Image

Posted Image
"If you can't post anything helpful, get the hell out." DepthCharge

Gaming forum for D.C., MD, & VA area gamers.

stinkenheim

stinkenheim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,733 posts
Sorry guy, I'm a failure B)
Real life and girls took over recently so I've not been able to get really anything done....
Theres always next time hey.
My Space Wolf Army blog type thingy-me-bob...
http://www.bolterand...howtopic=159623

and my CMON page if your interested...
http://www.coolminio...rof stinkenheim

S. Bloodhowl

S. Bloodhowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 838 posts
Just to say I've finished my first 10 BC and will get pics up soonish.
I also would like to know if i could remove my thunderwolf lord from my vow, and i have good reason: my local stores manager is being a bit stubborn and saying that i cant play with the cool stuff other people make for thunderwolves so i am going to have to sculpt one from scratch, and i'm a very slow sculptor. I am sorry for the dishonour i bring to russ with this request but without it the entire vow will be a failure
Abbreviations are not usefull! They are just lazy and confusing to those who speak other languages or are not familiar with them! TYPE FULL WORDS!

My deviantART page

Einholt

Einholt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts

Here's what I did last week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

How did you do that snow mate, looks great!
For everything that could have been
At least we took the ride
There's no relief in bitterness
Might as well let it die

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

ironbear

ironbear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 208 posts
Beef................

Those wolves are awesome!
Help me learn to be a better painter, view, comment, critique

@

http://bearspainting....wordpress.com/

Requiem of the Wolf

Requiem of the Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,050 posts

Just to say I've finished my first 10 BC and will get pics up soonish.
I also would like to know if i could remove my thunderwolf lord from my vow, and i have good reason: my local stores manager is being a bit stubborn and saying that i cant play with the cool stuff other people make for thunderwolves so i am going to have to sculpt one from scratch, and i'm a very slow sculptor. I am sorry for the dishonour i bring to russ with this request but without it the entire vow will be a failure

It is through the dishonorable actions of another...not through your actions brother. I see no dishonor inherent in your request.