Space Wolves sub-forum painting challenge - December 1, 2010

CainTheHunter

hey guys. i completed my vow and now i am wandering how i put the icon in my signature. any help?

Go to "Your controls" - "Edit signature" and in the signature filed put the following text [ img]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/1234192677/gallery_17224_3229_326.gif[/img ] - but delete the space after and before the square brackets.

thanks!

I would very much like a thing like that!

Also, is there gonna be another token for the completion of the Sept. deadline vows for those mighty warriors of the fang who already earned the recent one?

Gah can't miss a painting challenge, is there still time to get in on this for the September 1st Deadline?

If so I'll go for broke and vow to complete two squads of 10 Grey Hunters, two Rhinos, a Land Raider Crusader and a Dreadnought Drop Pod to complete my currently assembled Space Wolf Great Company. If I fail in this task I will forgo Ale for one month for each failed squad!

I reckon that we should have some banner as well, but since we already have a token for completing August 1, 2010, challenge, in order to get banner, You will have to enter and complete September 1, 2010, challenge. Fair enough? :)

I will approach some members of B&C and ask if we can have a banner for September 1, 2010.

And Vash113 - I am putting You on the list.

I also reckon that we should put some time-limit for entering this challenge to August 15, 2010. After that date - no more vows will be accepted.

I'd suggest simply keeping it to the same token for completing, as its the same challenge with a different deadline and a banner just for all those who enter. Perhaps with a different caption depending on which deadline was completed.

@CainTheHunter: That sounds fair enough for me, brother. I'm in for Sept. anyway. Also the deadline of 15.Aug. for entering vows sounds fine, I guess you have enough to do with this thread already, thanks for that btw.

I'd suggest simply keeping it to the same token for completing, as its the same challenge with a different deadline and a banner just for all those who enter. Perhaps with a different caption depending on which deadline was completed.

I would suggest using a different colour or rune on the token and giving everyone the same banner, it might avoid mix ups

I would suggest using a different colour or rune on the token and giving everyone the same banner, it might avoid mix ups

True, on the other hand each previous painting challenge had just one token and there have only been what... 5 total, having 3 different ones for this single challenge seems a bit well... much.

Anyway I'm already doubting whether it was such a good idea to set myself such a significant task, but with any luck I'll achieve it. The first squad of 10 Grey Hunters is base-coated and highlighted and I've started work on the secondary colors. With any luck I'll have them finished within a day or two and be able to move on to the next squad. I'll get pics up when I finish the first pack.

I would like to enter the Sept 1 deadline vow. I vow to have painted the last of my forces to include 2 Long Fang Squads with Missile Launchers and some extra guys Ive wanted to paint a Lone Wolf, a Wolf Guard in TDA with CML.

Sweet banner, I doff my cap to Kanazuchi, have another ale on me.

As an update to my vow I have completed the two PA WG and the TDA with CML WG and I am on my way to completing 4 of the Long Fangs. I shall add pics to this post later on.

Unfortuntantly I had to leave for the netherlands before the deadline so i did not finsh my optional blood claw pack and TWC. However i will try and get them done on my return back to the UK hopefully before the sept 1st deadline.

The banner does indeed look top notch!! Well done Kanazuchi!!

I would like to add to my vow of completion for Sept. 1st:

1. The completion of my Wolf Priest

2. 5 more Grey Hunters

3. 1 Wolf Guard in TDA (Possible Lone Wolf)

...and of course the 10 Fenrisian wolves.

-R_P_R

The banner is great, indeed, and will provide a great source of inspiration B)

I will enter the next round with Logan and Njal. I have to finish them for a Loganwing prospective list :) And I want this banner, too! ;)

Archived