Space Hulk WH40K Question

Bill M.

Greetings,

I've been playing BFG for many moons now but have never taken the jump to WH40K. I have recently bought Space Hulk and just love the models. So, my question is, can I use these Blood Angel Space Marine models that came with Space Hulk to start building a Blood Angel army that would be usable with WH40K or would I have to purchase a whole differnt batch of models. I would hate to take the plunge and then be told that I can't use these SH models by some kid at the local hobby shop.

Cheers

Bill

Greetings,

I've been playing BFG for many moons now but have never taken the jump to WH40K. I have recently bought Space Hulk and just love the models. So, my question is, can I use these Blood Angel Space Marine models that came with Space Hulk to start building a Blood Angel army that would be usable with WH40K or would I have to purchase a whole differnt batch of models. I would hate to take the plunge and then be told that I can't use these SH models by some kid at the local hobby shop.

Cheers

Bill

you can indeed! The only thing is that they would have to be glued onto some standard terminator bases.

I think the only thing you need to do is put the models on 40mm round bases. Some of the space hulk models might need to have their bases trimmed to fit entirely on the 40mm base.

Also, if you are new to 40k, keep in mind that the models from space hulk dont quite fit the types you need for terminator squads. Shooting terminators will be 1 sarge with a powersword and 9 regular models with fists and storm bolters. You can upgrade 2 of the storm bolters to heavy weapons, like the heavy flamer and assault cannon, and can upgrade any number of powerfists to chainfists.

My recommendation is to also purchace an assault on black reach set. This set will give you another terminator sarge incase you want to run 2 termie squads, and 4 generic terminators that you can use to fill out squads or get heavy weapons for, as the Black reach set terminators have removable arms.

Finally, Assault on Black reach also gives you 1 of the required troops choices, the tactical squad. If you are planning on playing blood angels you would just need either another tactical, a scout squad, or an assault marine squad to have a legal army.

Thanks Gents,

You have all been very helpful. Looks like you guys will be claiming another victim, I mean convert!

"Upon encountering said mutant utilize your Thunderhammer until they see things from your perspective. "

I like your way of thinking!

Cheers

Bill

My recommendation is to also purchace an assault on black reach set. This set will give you another terminator sarge incase you want to run 2 termie squads, and 4 generic terminators that you can use to fill out squads or get heavy weapons for, as the Black reach set terminators have removable arms.

Finally, Assault on Black reach also gives you 1 of the required troops choices, the tactical squad. If you are planning on playing blood angels you would just need either another tactical, a scout squad, or an assault marine squad to have a legal army.

Also you'll get yourself a dreadnough to fill another of your elite troop choises. and with BA youll have lots t choose from.

Also you can either sell the orks or get to grips with playing the same with a friend

• 2 weeks later...

do Blood angels have to take 10 man tactical squads? pretty sure that's not the case.. so, you can run a legal army off a single AOBR starter box, by taking 2 five man tactical squads, and the Aobr capt as your HQ i'll echo what the other have said about Black reach, BUT a couple of things to think about.

1)do you have a blood angels codex?

2)if you get the Black reach starter box, at $90.. do not sell the green skins, trade them if you can... but there are "things" you can do..

3) if your not scared of Ebay, you can get the marine models only from the AOBR box, for around 45$ not including shipping, so why spend x2 the amount.

4)if your going to spend money on any thing, from your local game store, or Game work shop mail order, buy big. you can find NIB for about 15-20% off, if you do your research, but beware, everything is according to a grand design to get you to buy more. Example, you get left handed power fist, in like every box/kit, but only two have a RIGHT handed power fist. and both just got their price tags jacked up. <never buy combat squads.. always buy full tacticals.. never buy x3 bikes for fourtyfive< buy the ravenwing box at 90(-20% 72.50) and get x6 bikes..Landspeeder and an Attack bike (which, if you purchased each alone, would be like 45+25+30+45= $145.00. ouch. Need Melta guns, a pack of x5 from GW is less than $10...) OH, NEVER EVER EVER buy SC model, unless you just HAvE to have it. you can Kit bash/convert any one... from khan to Khârn. from Calgar and his BFF Tiggie to the supadupa fisting brothers kantor and la'sander

5)the higher the point cost of your models, the few models you have to purchase (the theory behind 'Zilla lists)

6) LEARN how to shave off Icons, or how to cover using greenstuff modeling putty

there of course is more... but I'll leave a few stones for you to turn over

Sent me a PM, if you'd like to know what CHEaP and Force Expanding idea you can use the ork models in the AOBR starter box. ( and by cheap i mean, spend another 50-60 bucks but have like 4 more terminators, and 20 marines in PA. which if you purchased at MRSP, be like $130+)

Archived