Those guys with alabaster white armour - Angels Encarmine SG

kikkala

Really cool stuff. ;) The white and gold looks stark and forbidding like it should, I feared that white SG might look like Liberace in Space ;).

Nice poses too. The little robed guy is absolutely great!

Here's Angels Encarmine "Dante", and I've yet to find his real name, I'll call him Fabio.

Really? ;)

http://www.fabioifc.com/2007_STORIES/05-fabio021006_big1.jpg

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/celebrity-pictures-fabio-cant-believe1.jpg

;)

Hey kikkala your work looks great but I had a question about the red assault marine you painted. I was wondering how you painted him. Obviously you used the matt varnish wash as you explained, but how did you do the red up until that point?

many thanks, verpine

@Skirax & GLD

Thanks dudes :).

@Master Toddius

Lil' dramatic effect coming up!

@Chaplain Desmodus

Aha, I knew that someone still remembers Fabio. And it shouldn't be forgotten that all blood angels are somewhat artistic, so Liberace-comment isn't so far-fetched ;).

@pattision

Maybe he gave the final look for the BA, hmm? :P

@Kurgan the Lurker

Thanks a thousand times mate :). So they didn't name him until the latest codex, or maybe I've missed it.

@verpine

Hmm, let's see. After washing I used Blood Red for next layer, leaving the previous ones showing in recesses. And some little highlights using mixture of Blood Red and Blazing Orange. Hope that helps.

Not much of a update this time, but its' something :P.

Helot and spilled sacred liquid. Someone's getting helluva beating later on... :D

gallery_25055_1634_296136.jpg

Latest SG finally got his arm. I used new recipe for the gold, it's much brighter now.

gallery_25055_1634_271010.jpg

And last, but not least Chapter Master, Castellan Zargo (Thanks Kurgan), with his repainted sword.

gallery_25055_1634_49779.jpg

Nice to see some old habits do die hard Kik (Ie the urge to start new armies :))

Very impressive work!

It's definitely interesting to see how you've tackled some interesting primary color schemes, yet with each army you've pulled each scheme off wonderfully.

Keep up the great work :nuke:

@kikkala,

Thank you so much! You gave me the inspiration i needed to start a BA-Angels Encarmine army. New Codex - new life, you know...

But i think i'll go for more greish look - as they were made of marble. Still i'm not sure with the idea as it will be not so bright on the tabletop. Need some testing :tu:

And can you tell how you've made your power weapons? They are soooo cool! Much better than i can achieve with average metallics.

@TAS

Haha, thanks mate :). I wouldn't call starting new armies a urge, you remember that I didn't start that AdMech army that you've were so pushing me to do ;).

@SELECT *

Thanks mate :). Marble armour should look awesome :cuss. For power weapons I use Ice Blue as basecoat. Then from the middle part of the blade I start blending towards to the tip with Skull White, and blending towards to bottom with Regal Blue. Lil' wash with Asurmen Blue after that.

Ok, I started doing a chaplain, when I should be continuing with SG. While building him I saw ghoul kit that was lying around the table doing absolutely nothing. So I grabbed some bones and other assorted bitz, to make a really savage chaplain :D. Further I started to form a background story for the bugger.

Remember this is my first time writing any fluff, I've only got writing stupid essays back in school :P. Please tell me if I did some major mistakes.

High Chaplain Ezechias of the Angels Encarmine, the Corpse Carrier

Angels Encarmine are well known for their numerous campaings for the benefit of the Imperium of Man. Their foes vary from heretics to

xenos, all being classified in the eyes of the Emperor and Sanguinius as impure. All Angels Encarmine want is to eradicate impurities

from existence and sadly sometimes urges can be overwhelmingly powerful, thus triggering degeneration of the Black Rage.

But salvation of death doesn't always come from battlefield. Due the high activity of Angels Encarmine, reach of Astaroth the Grims

axe is limited. So the loathed burden falls to Astaroths acolyte, High Chaplain Ezechias of the Angels Encarmine, to bless those who have

fallen to insanity of the Black Rage.

In the battlefield Ezechias becomes embodiment of hatred and violence, fuelling every Angel Encarmine with hate towards those who

are deemed as impure in the eyes of their liege-lord, Sanguinius. After the bloodletting of battle, Ezechias is duty-bound and

honoured to carry the dead bodies of those who fell to The Black Rage and achieved salvation from the battlefield to their

final resting place. Thus Ezechias' title, the Corpse Carrier.

Unfortunately for Ezechias and those who didn't achieve salvation of death in the battlefield, the duties of high chaplain never end...

And the man himself.

gallery_25055_1634_174533.jpg

I'm somewhat disappointed in myself how I'm painting him, don't know why... :D Maybe I'll put him in paint removal and start from the beginning.

gallery_25055_1634_39312.jpg

Love the hellot mate, and the white paint on those Sanguinary Guard is pretty cool

My only gripe about that awesome chaplain of yours is he left arm. Its soo.... Stangnant.. It just makes the model seem so stiff where he should be an awesome dynamic character. Just my opinion.

These look excellent in white, I'm not a fan of the SG usually (I think its the wings) but these look 'right' :HQ: I think you are going to have to add some white Death Company too ;) .

As for The Corpse Carrier, I have a soft spot for chaplains in general and he looks very sinister. Great Astorath stand in!

My only gripe about that awesome chaplain of yours is he left arm. Its soo.... Stangnant.. It just makes the model seem so stiff where he should be an awesome dynamic character. Just my opinion.

i am the same opinion, his arm looks just to static

i like the rest of the mini, espacialy his helmet :HQ:

imo the painting looks..... not so good. i would redo him and maybe give him more white

imo that chaplain looks like hes ready to invoke some of the emperor's will!

i dont think youd need to really redo the whole model maybe just liven up the red and maybe put a lil more white onto the bones or parchement. the bones have a similar shading scheme as your parchment, which kinda blends them in with the skele attached

but those are minor things i think hes looking great dude

@noctus cornis

You mean the arm that is holding the corpse? I'll try to give some more motion to it, the corpse is pinned in several locations to the arms so it will be lil' tricky :P.

@Midnight Runner

My current list doesn't have DC, but we never know what the future holds :P.

@Timboli

I might remodel the arms a little bit, but the paintjob will be totally new. And I'll ditch the helmet, sorry :P.

@Debauchery101

Yup, the bones and parchment ended up same way even when I used different colors and washes, gotta figure something about that.

Thanks for the comments guys :). But unfortunately I won't be updating for sometime as I found out recently that my school starts tomorrow instead next month :( . So, see ya next, whenever that is... :P

Thanks mate smile.gif. Marble armour should look awesome biggrin.gif. For power weapons I use Ice Blue as basecoat. Then from the middle part of the blade I start blending towards to the tip with Skull White, and blending towards to bottom with Regal Blue. Lil' wash with Asurmen Blue after that.

I'll give it a try :( Still sounds tricky, but hey, who said that hobby should be easy?

Best of luck with your studies and come back with more awesome stuff!

Archived