Looking to create a sector map for BFG / Rogue Trader

Retalitus

A little background first... I'm currently running a Rogue Trader campaign, and I'm hoping to tie this in to some BFG games for larger fleet actions, as well as a 40k campaign my gaming group is also playing. It's going to be tough to keep it all coherent, but I'm up for the challenge! For the Rogue Trader campaign in particular, a nice graphical display of the particular sector of space my gaming group will be roaming around is going to be particularly important.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of any software apps that can help me to create an overview of a space sector, that allows for the following:

- Does not need to be hex-based. In fact, I would kind of prefer it if didn't have hexes. The sector map is not for moving fleets, but more as an overview of the area of space, and a guide to where everything is!

- Preferbly the option to add different graphical effects - nebulas, warp rifts, key star systems, territory controlled by certain races/factions, front-lines of key sector-wide military campaigns, etc

Am I asking too much? Perhaps! Still, I'm sure I'm not the only person who's required something like this, and I hope whoever came before me had some programming skills (and plenty of spare time), both of which I am sorely lacking!

Archived