Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= BLOOD DUEL =][=

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

Perth

Perth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 102 posts
If Gift of Chaos is successful does it summon a spawn?

pueriexdeus

pueriexdeus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,085 posts
Q; Those that haven't posted a Picture by the deadline, will they be dropped?

Path_to_Redemption_08BP_zps61931afa.jpgETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares_zps079e68Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A_zpsdddff5Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A_zps0e5ef0
"I am Destiny! I am the oldest of the endless. Everything that has been, and that will be. Is in my book." Pueri ex Deus

pueriexdeus

pueriexdeus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,085 posts

I don't think so. This is supposed to be a Champion venue. If you Champion is to weak to work without help, stay on the porch.

Path_to_Redemption_08BP_zps61931afa.jpgETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares_zps079e68Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A_zpsdddff5Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A_zps0e5ef0
"I am Destiny! I am the oldest of the endless. Everything that has been, and that will be. Is in my book." Pueri ex Deus

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts

If that's the one that instantly kills a model and replaces it with a spawn, then no, it won't summon a spawn. All it will do is cause a wound and stun the model.

Important note: for those powers that instantly kill without causing a wound normally (e.g., that Space Wolf psychic power that causes a big crevice), they will cause a wound in the game in addition to Stunning in place of the instant death they normally cause.

Q; Those that haven't posted a Picture by the deadline, will they be dropped?

Yes

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

ignavus

ignavus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts
Have a question about stunning, will the recovery rolls be taken on base, or increased stats?

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts
Ah, a dilemma.

Let's walk through the factors (I'm thinking as I compose this).

First, we have models whose Toughness is increased based on wargear such as a Space Marine bike. This represents the protective value of the bike and not necessarily an inherent increase in the model's resilience.

Alternately, we have models whose Toughness is based on actual physical resilience such as the Mark of Nurgle.

So we could take the "realistic" (suppress your groans) approach and say that some Toughness increases count for testing against Stunning while some don't. However, that's pretty subjective and someone is sure to disagree.

Another alternative is to just go with the base cost. However, that doesn't seem fair to those whose Toughness increase represents a real adjustment to the model's physical resilience and not some external protective factor.

If we also throw in the consideration that other Toughness increases tend to cost a lot, I think that the most acceptable route is to go the other way.

We'll use the model's modified Toughness to test against Stunning on the following turn.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

SamboR

SamboR

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
Q: Can Fearless models make a voluntary fallback?

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,591 posts
As it's my first participative event on the B+C, I can't wait for it to start! :Troops:

Just want to wish everyone taking part good luck, and above all fun :HS:

To battle brothers, to battle!

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Watch this space...

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts

Q: Can Fearless models make a voluntary fallback?

Yes

Warhorse47

Warhorse47

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,418 posts
I am looking forward to this!
Signature not compliant with B&C forum rules
Sponsored by Wolfwhiz Ale, "It's in the Water"

"Most Astartes chapters are sophisticated, more graceful types who use Chainswords instead. Flesh Tearers, Space Wolves and to a degree Black Templars (due to their zealounsness) forego the sophisticated style for the kill it first, kill it second, kill it third and when it is chunks on the ground with blood spayed all over the place try to identify it. " Blitzkreig

[img=http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff303/Kevin-Andra/wolfhunt.jpg]
Visit my blog
[url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=767]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...&blogid=767[/url]
[url=http://www.wargameunderground.com/forum/index.php]http://www.wargameunderground.com/forum/index.php[/url]

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts
Okay, the deadline for submitting characters has passed. Those that got complete eligible submissions in on time will be able to participate. What you'll see happening over the next few days is the entry discussions being closed, mods might review characters in order to determine if they're legal (if they haven't done so already) and perhaps contact those members that might need to fix something here and there, and round 1 in each of the forums will commence.

The mods and other staff members have the lead on conducting battles and writing batreps, but if you're interested in helping out, please contact the mods or me. If you entered a character, you won't be able to run battles in that same forum (conflict of interest), but members are more than welcome to help out if they want.

Once we determine our champion for each of the forums, those champions will face each other to determine who is the overall champion for the B&C.

Again, a little friendly smack talk is allowed and encouraged (let's just keep it in check so that it doesn't get annoying).

DasPanzerIstUber

DasPanzerIstUber

++ COVINNARIUS FIRMUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,773 posts
Hey, I've run a couple of battles and I've got a question about combat resolution:

Models may fall back voluntarily (based on special instructions) or may be forced to fall back by losing an assault. Losing an assault is similar to the normal rules, but is based on the number of Wounds inflicted. Wounds for which the save (whether normal or invulnerable) was passed count as double. A model that falls back immediately moves back 2” from assault. The other model may not consolidate, but if it passes an Initiative test (roll less than or equal to its Initiative score on a D6) it may make a single normal attack with no special modifiers (i.e., using its own Str and no special rules). If both models fall back for some reason, neither may make the free attack.

So to clarify, if a chaplain causes 3 wounds and 1 of these is saved then he would count as having inflicted 4?

I only ask because all Black Templars are fearless in assault so they have to take No Retreat saves when they lose combat.

EDIT: If both models are reduced to 0 wounds in an assault then that means they are both eliminated, correct?

Edited by DasPanzerIstUber, 26 August 2010 - 06:32 AM.

Marshal Recard of the Black Templars 18th Crusade.
"...This is vital in that when all else fails, it is faith that will carry him through to victory. Warriors of faith never shirk from combat but rush forward with heads down and shields up, allowing their glory to carry them into the thick of battle to deliver the first blow."

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts
Yes to both, with the caveat that we won't eliminate both models in finals/semi-finals (i.e., there has to be a champion who wins that title by killing a challenger rather than by default because two other guys knock themselves off).

To illustrate, let's say you have fought a number of your battles and your forum is down to three characters. One of the characters gets a bye, with the other two duking it out to see who gets to fight that guy. In that first battle, one of those characters has to advance on to fight the guy with the bye because he can't win by default. So if their battle results in both being reduced to 0 wounds at the same time, you'll have to re-fight the battle so that one of them can advance. Likewise, with the final fight. Basically, the champions are going to have to earn their titles. I hope that's more clear.

DasPanzerIstUber

DasPanzerIstUber

++ COVINNARIUS FIRMUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,773 posts
Yes, very! Thanks. :D

Marshal Recard of the Black Templars 18th Crusade.
"...This is vital in that when all else fails, it is faith that will carry him through to victory. Warriors of faith never shirk from combat but rush forward with heads down and shields up, allowing their glory to carry them into the thick of battle to deliver the first blow."

JamesI

JamesI

++ OBITUS CAELESTIE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 14,137 posts
Am I correct that stunned characters do not have the option to run away and don't take leadership tests for losing combat?

gallery_26_4045_8286.gif

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts
You are correct, sir.

Slayer le Boucher

Slayer le Boucher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,595 posts
Would love to participate but i just came back from vacation and saw too late the event on the Throne of skull forum...

So there's a dude who doesn't even know is own codex rules who is proclaimed Khorne Champ by default...,its...really dumb imo...

Also having a Khorne champion without any blood shed or battle is like...dunno,just decide that Bush can be back president again without asking any one...

we_badge_slayer.pnggallery_29004_10514_3133.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_2479.pngdnvr16J.jpg

World Eaters Legion & Deamons Horde                                                  
R.I.P Eamon 2005-2012, my loyal and beloved mountain berness dog

"Chapter Tactics: Because there are more differences between Imperial Fists 2nd and 3rd Companies, than there are between Alpha Legion and Word Bearers!"

pueriexdeus

pueriexdeus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,085 posts
Can someone point me to the thread where the battle outcomes are being posted?

Thanks

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts
The battles are being conducted in the individual forums right now. Due to an increase in real life issues on the part of a number of mods, some of the forums haven't begun fighting yet, but will start very soon. I went through all of the forums (I think) and closed the discussions whose mods were busy. Those forums will soon see forward progress (I'm still getting the special instructions for the characters).

Uguai Stormseer

Uguai Stormseer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts
A question not requiring an answer right away, but one that might be nagging at the back of contestants minds.

Where will the Chapter victors, as well as the Legion winners, battle?

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts
I'll cover all of those here in this forum.