Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Screams of Despair Night Lords WIP -Midnight Clad WE PG 8-

Night Lords Wicced VIII Legion Konrad Curze Ave Dominus Nox Midnight Clad Screams of Despair fluff

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
177 replies to this topic

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts

Hi B&C community,

I recently started building my new Night Lords army.
The models where built and converted by me, and painted by my friend Booyah, since i couldn't paint a decent model, even if my life depended on it msn-wink.gif

These two are from one of my troop choices and are just missing varnish.

Trooper 1
gallery_54817_5140_3467303.jpg

Trooper 2
gallery_54817_5140_1308945.jpg

more to come and c&c appreciated...

Edited by Wicced, 29 May 2015 - 12:52 PM.

'Death haunts the darkness and he knows your names! ' - Night Haunter -

check out my Night Lords WIP! now with fluff msn-wink.gif
Screams of Despair

firestorm40k

firestorm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 984 posts
These look great, nice highlighting and lightning effects :)
My new Kill Team project - http://www.bolterand...dothese-sector/ (Updated 26/03/19: Marines Malevolent painting in progress)

My Chaos Marine project log, the (infamous!) Legion of Taurus: http://www.bolterand...arine-army-log/

Timboli

Timboli

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts
nice work and good painting, but the leather could need some highlights

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
thanks for the replies!

the leather is highlighted, i guess it's the lighting of the pictures that makes it hard to see.

Screams of Despair

Brother Nihm

Brother Nihm

++ INTEMPESTA NOX ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 11,859 posts
Very nice,

My only critique is the drybrush look on the helmet plume (some purple ink would tone it down) and the lightning bolts not being super-crisp, other than that - great job. :)
Posted Image
My Blog | My Gallery | Call of Chaos: IV, V

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
here are some more pictures from different angles of the two marines I posted earlier...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

enjoy!

Edited by Wicced, 29 July 2010 - 04:15 PM.

Screams of Despair

Timboli

Timboli

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts
now i see the leather highlights ;)

realy nice, but i can see some moldlines here and there, try to make this better at your next minis

go on with your work :)

Gubnutz Da Grim

Gubnutz Da Grim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 460 posts
These look good. I like the highlights and the color scheme is spot on. In addition, the lightning looks great. Are these the only ones you have so far? What is next on the table?

Gub

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

Currently working on 

Heralds of Despair

Scions of Disease

Thousand Sons Force(name WIP)

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
again thanks for the replies.
yep, these are the only ones i got so far, next up are some more troopers and maybe some pics of my land raider in progress.

Screams of Despair

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
just a quick status report here, since there has been no update for a while.

thats mainly because i had a big setback. the two marines shown on the pictures above and two of their battle brothers were mutilated by purity seal spray and aquired a kinda milky finish that ruined the paintjob :P

needless to say, i was really pissed off, not to mention my buddy Booyah (who is kindly painting my crazy conversions :tu:)

been toying with some conversion ideas since then and currently there are a lot of different projects on my desk.

i've used Dan the Deamon's idea for two man "counts as obliterator" teams and i'm currently completing their bases. in addition i'm experimenting with green stuff to shape batlike wings to attach to shoulderguards or kneepads, while Booyah is redoing the paintjob on the whacked purity seal marines.

i hope to get some pictures up here as soon as possible, but since i don't have a lightbox it's kinda hard to take good photos.

Edited by Wicced, 01 October 2010 - 02:17 PM.

Screams of Despair

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
my mate Booyah managed to take some pictures for me and so i proudly present another trooper, a sergeant and the first of my chosen.
please bear in mind that they need some more detailing and finishing touches (the scroll on the chosens chest for example).

Trooper 3
Posted Image

Sergeant 1
Posted Image

Posted Image

Chosen 1
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Wicced, 01 October 2010 - 01:29 PM.

Screams of Despair

Dan The Deamon

Dan The Deamon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 662 posts
something about that plasma pistol guy just strikes me as really cool. I can't place my finger on it. Furthermore i really like the use of bits, and that blue is wonderful.

Look forward to seeing more!

Captain Mick

Captain Mick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,858 posts
Very nice model and well painted. Good job ^_^ .

My Archived UM Topic : http://www.bolterand...howtopic=151653 (Last updated 13-08-2010)
My Archived Death Guard topic: http://www.bolterand...howtopic=208519] (Last updated 21-01-2011)

New Deathguard Topic: http://www.bolterand...ed-death-guard/ (Updated 27-06-2018)

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,357 posts
I concur, the Chosen is a nasty fella. He must indeed be favored to not have blown one or both of his hands off with those guns by now ;) .

I'm also finding myself pleasantly surprised that I haven't grown bored with Night Lords projects by now. Between the wicked paint scheme and peoples' seemingly inexhaustible supply of conversion ideas, they never cease to impress. Very nice and subtle incorporation of the new BA bitz on those more recent guys, on that note.

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

Candleshoes

Candleshoes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,053 posts
I really like the plasma pistol marine's skin tone, nice purple and blue tinges to it.

Also, very good highlights on the marine's bolter casing, the red gives the model a really nice contrast.

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
thanks for your kind replies ;)

i just ordered the new forgeworld character conversion set and can't wait to put the parts to use.
what can i say, i'm a sucker for bitz :P

Screams of Despair

Loken86

Loken86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 559 posts
great work here brother im loving the plasma pistol guy your attention to detail is great i like how you got the guys skin tone whats the recipe if you dont mind shareing.

Cant wait for next update Midnight clad and all

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
thanks brother, as mentioned above, i'm just the dude modelling these guys, my friend Booyah does the painting :tu:

i'll ask him to post his recipe for the skin here!

Edited by Wicced, 03 October 2010 - 12:22 PM.

Screams of Despair

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
@loken86: I asked my buddy Booyah for the recipe, but it turns out, he did the face in one of those crazy, maddened, late night painting sessions and can't remember how he did it. :(

But I got some more guys without helmets in the making, so I'll make sure he writes it down next time :wink:

Edited by Wicced, 03 October 2010 - 02:44 PM.

Screams of Despair

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
hmn, almost half a year since my last update, time to feed the thread a little more ;)

been working on a lot of projects lately, a huge load of marines, some terminators and some vehicles.

my chosen painter Booyah was rather busy the last couple of months, so we he didn't get much painting done, but since this is supposed to be a long term project, i guess we're still on time <_<

so without further ado, here are 2 more painted troopers and my first jetbike (inspired by insaniak's fantastic tutorial)

Trooper 1:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Trooper 2:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

please bear in mind, that the jetbike is pretty much WIP right now, it needs some clean up work and the drivers backpack is still missing.
i also have to make up my mind about the "main thrusters", cuz i haven't decided if i want to drill them or build a kind of turbine from plastic card.

Jetbike:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

as usual. c&c appreciated

Screams of Despair

Tutteman

Tutteman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,063 posts
I like the Jetbike. I've used that Tutorial and it gave me a good result (Though I still need to get some paint on it :tu: ) I think your one is a lot more chaosy and wow! Some great paintwork going on too from your friend! I love Plasma Pistol guy :HQ:

One question, Night Lords haven't changed their colour scheme since the Heresy have they? They've always been like this? I ask because I always intended to do my jetbike as a Pre-Heresy Night Lord and I want to check ;)

Edited by Tutteman, 10 March 2011 - 08:18 PM.

Remember, The Inquistion are your friends...now, this mind wipe won't take a second.

QUOTE (Marshal2 Crusaders @ Sep 23 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Want a good codex? Shouldn't have betrayed the Emperor.

<><

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts

One question, Night Lords haven't changed their colour scheme since the Heresy have they? They've always been like this? I ask because I always intended to do my jetbike as a Pre-Heresy Night Lord and I want to check :(

they have not changed their colours like many weaker legions did :) i guess they just added spikes and more grisly trophies since the heresy

Screams of Despair

Tutteman

Tutteman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,063 posts
Ah, those nasty Night Lords :) Thank you very much. I will have to get some appropriate paints and get cracking! (It should be done in about...oooo a year?)
Remember, The Inquistion are your friends...now, this mind wipe won't take a second.

QUOTE (Marshal2 Crusaders @ Sep 23 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Want a good codex? Shouldn't have betrayed the Emperor.

<><

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
i guess my guys won't be done in a year, but i think that's mostly because i can't stop buying that "plastic crack" from GW <_<

i built a counts as Khârn recently and toyed with some raptors, just gotta take some pictures...

Edited by Wicced, 11 March 2011 - 02:45 PM.

Screams of Despair

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,357 posts
This has got me curious: is there some bit of fluff or novel somewhere that talks about how the Night Lords had lots of those jetbikes sitting around? Or is it just that it seems so fitting to their style (which it does, I believe)?

Anyway, seems like a solid enough start. Though right now it feels like it has too much junk in the trunk and not enough up front. A nice big gun (preferably a HF or MM, to scare prey out of cover :evil: ) either between the intake vents or slung underneath may balance out the silhouette. Between them would give it a more organic, intentional feel, and bulk out the front end a bit while also giving it some more length. Beneath would be easier to swap out, paint, and wouldn't involve putting a jet of lit promethium between two vacuums leading strait to the engine ^_^. But who says practicality ever had anything to do with Imperial engineering?

Just my two bits.

Edited by Firepower, 12 March 2011 - 12:23 AM.

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches