How to model a Hellstorm Cannon from DoW: Winter Assault

Hail Brothers

After replaying DoW: Winter Assault I thought it would be awesome to make a table with the Hellstorm Cannon as the centerpiece, complete with gigantic canyon carved out of its firing path. I decided to use Pink insulation foam for the basic hill shape but I'm having trouble deciding what to build the Cannon out of, any thoughts? Keep in mind Im on a limited budget but I still want it to look like an approximation of the actual ingame visual.

I think I know what you mean.

Well, although I have zero experience building scenery, maybe some plastic tubes or cardboard ones would work. The canyon would have to be foam, or something similar, like you suggested.

Indeed - PC&A would be able to provide much guidance. Essentially, the Hellstorm is a titan weapon, principal armament of an Imperator class Emperor titan. It would be about twice as long as the gatling blasters on a Reaver titan - so find a forgeworld model or template you can use to scale from. Diameter of each barrel is (I think...based loosley on my epic scaled model) about 2* the height of a marine, so probably a similar height scaled up to 40K would work (60 mm diameter tubing would be good..).

About modelling it, I would build up a skeleton of poly foam, cut lossley into teh shape of a canyon, and put the model in there. Cover the foam in white glue, and then you can use the spray on filler to create teh surrounding rock faces etc - but as stated above - teh PC&A has FAR better modellers than I available to do this...

Archived