Do the Word Bearers utilize cult troops?

Blitzkreig

Do the Word Bearers utilize cult troops? I mean I don't really have access to a lot of background information but on the Lexicanum page (yes not a very good source I know) it says that they view those who limit their worship of a single god with contempt.

The reason I am asking is that I am starting a Chaos Space Marine army and love both the fluff of the Thousand Sons (so tragic...) and the Word Bearers... Imagine a random chaos renegade lord standing around going;

"Yeah I am the greatest thing ever, I completely destroyed a planet and a company of Space Marines." then a Word Bearer pops up and goes;

"Yeah, you know the Horus Heresy, the big thing that basically destroyed the Imperium, confined the False Emperor to a giant toilet, slaughtered thousands of Marines and nearly caused chaos to reign supreme? Yeah we did that because the old guy kept telling us we were to preachy... seriously you worship one guy as a god and he goes off at you, look at the bloody Ecclesiarchy!"

And as I already have a substantial Daemon Army (summoned meat shields for the win, even if they aren't effective) I wanted to find out what sort of units would be taboo for a Word Bearers army...

Do the Word Bearers utilize cult troops?

Sure do. The Word Bearers may be high-handed jerks about everything, but a smart Chaos Lord knows that you don't need to love your mercenaries.

where in the now official GW fluff did it ever say that the WB ever used cult units ?
A WB Kill-team in Daemon World utilized the Obliterator Cult.

As for Cult Troops, I don't think that I've come across anything about that yet.

where in the now official GW fluff did it ever say that the WB ever used cult units ?
A WB Kill-team in Daemon World utilized the Obliterator Cult.

As for Cult Troops, I don't think that I've come across anything about that yet.

only that was a WB space marine once [they call him a brother all the time , wouldnt have done that if he was a IW] and oblits dont follow any gods.

The Word Bearers are the most fanatical devotees to Chaos Undivided why wouldn't they use pawns in their efforts to bring the Word to the galaxy?

have you read WB fluff in 3 or 4th ed ? because they see a being dedicted to a single chaos god as a heretic . I ask again where is the writen fluff about WB using cult units in their legion ?

Where did I say Word Bearers were dedicated to A god? Do you know what Chaos Undivided is? They worship Chaos as a whole not just singular aspects.

Didn't the Word Bearers in the BL novel Dark Apostle use a rather large army of cultist cannon fodder? I seem to remember they had no problems with cultist grunt troops.

have you read WB fluff in 3 or 4th ed ? because they see a being dedicted to a single chaos god as a heretic

You know, I hear this said quite a bit, but find precious little evidence of it, at least in the Word Bearers IA or 3.5 Chaos Codex. Might people be inferring this, rather than remembering it?

Anyway, I'm not sure why the Word Bearers' own commitment to pantheistic worship would extend to mercenaries that they hire or otherwise take on. They clearly have no problems summoning Bloodletters to the battlefield, so what's the harm in sending a few Berzerkers to do the same thing?

Archived