Planet Strike!

chaos minion

• 2 weeks later...

Played 3 games so far. Sadly Fantasy 8th Ed came out just as we were getting into it, so the ~£120 spent on specific scenery has come to more or less nothing so far. Also. My god does 6 boxes of defence line make a LOT of defence line.

Sadly, nothing too memorable there. I had some 26 terminators plus calgar attacking a guard army with somewhere in the region of 6 Leman Russ tanks and almost a full platoon of troops. As you can imagine, he wasn't happy. 2 Russ down in turn 1 (firestorm killed only 3 guardsmen somehow. so 'nothing') 2 more the turn later. And everything was a mess by the end of turn 3. We called it a day there, as only about two terminators were down while all he had standing was basically a fair few guardsmen (no command sections likeley to live past the SM turn 4), an Exterminator and 3 Ogryns.

The fact we left it there and went and got a pizza pretty much sums up my experience of planetstrike so far. Hopfully once some of the novelty of new fantasy rules wears off, we can get back to invading eachothers planets in due time.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a game against some Thousand Sons. I used the special marine stratagem that lets you chose which side your reserves come from, left the whole army off table. Risky yes but it worked when they all ran onto the table at once and destroyed 10 Thousand Sons and a couple of Obliterators in a single turn and won me the game :)

Had a game against some Thousand Sons. I used the special marine stratagem that lets you chose which side your reserves come from, left the whole army off table. Risky yes but it worked when they all ran onto the table at once and destroyed 10 Thousand Sons and a couple of Obliterators in a single turn and won me the game :blink:

Slingshotted to the #1 spot on my GW's battle board after winning at Planetstrike. It was my 3rd planetstrike game total and I beat a mech guard list with 13 tanks

of course I took 15 terminators and drop pod ironclads :D

not a big fan of planetstrike though, I'd much rather play standard missions

Archived